Fowler - Bring him back

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:53 pm

His first was a nice finish from about 6 yards out, the third was a well taken penalty.

His second was a cracking goal though, which shows that there's absolutely no doubt about the lad - a brilliant, unstoppable shot from about 20 yards out into the top left corner. Superbly taken goal.

He'll have raised a lot of eyebrows today I reckon. I'm delighted for the lad. :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:12 pm

I saw the goals, all top draw. I read that he might be off on loan to millwall.

Great to see God doing so well.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:14 pm

Glad to see our hero scoring and making a case for himself at Man City.

great to see hit get a hatrik as well :D
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:14 pm

Alonso14 wrote:I saw the goals, all top draw. I read that he might be off on loan to millwall.

Great to see God doing so well.

hes above them
get him back rafa!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:20 am

Don't go to Millwall Rob - you won't be eligable for the FA cup replay with Neverton!!!!! :D

Seriously though, he's worth more than that. He'll stay at Man City and hopefully we'll see his form return if he steers clear of the bleedin' injuries. :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:58 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
redmikey wrote:Having fowler back at his prime is the thing of dreams....

some great players have pulled on a red shirt but you cant ignore the truth that GH got rid at the right time. even if in robbies book he says he bloke was  a :censored: to him.

i ve heard alan hansen has still got a pair of boots ???? ???? ???

What people don't understand about Fowler is that during the treble season, he was the best he'd ever been.

His level's of ability in all area's were better than ever. The only thing is, he wasn't playing in a team that was made around him anymore and designed to get the best out of him. Fowler scored alot of goals from crosses, something which was rare under Houllier.

Robbie Fowler was never this alround player that people deam and fantasize about him being.

He was a goalscorer. A world class goalscorer. As a player, maybe he broke into the top 10 strikers in the world, no way was he ever better than the likes of Batistuta, Shearer, Ronaldo, Romario, Del Piero and Raul at the time.

The man's a Liverpool Legend, my favourate player of all time but that doesn't make him better than he actually was. If he got fit now and played as a lone striker in any team that had a player like McManaman used to be or Giggs and with two wing backs who could supply the crosses he'd still get 25 goals a season.

He got 17 in his last season for Liverpool playing in a team which was designed around Owen and Heskey. To me that says it all.

The problem with Fowler ever since he left Liverpool is that people didn't know how to use him, not that he'd "lost it".

Its the same thing now.

i`m not having that mate, there`s no way the fowler of 2001 was anywhere near, never mind better, than the robbie fowler that burst onto the scene in the early to mid 90`s.
the side robbie fowler made his name in was struggling like f@ck, thats why souness put the likes of him and redknapp and marsh in. that side certainly wasnt built to suit fowler.
maybe the evans side that had collymore in it was but even so he never seemed to miss in those days as he did after the injury in the derby.

So Fowler got worse with experience? :laugh:

Not being funny but you've completely missed the point again. Fowler was an excellent player, however he was a world class goalscorer.

In Houllier's teams he didn't get the right kind of service, he got the service Heskey and Owen were getting hence the reason he couldn't hack it and looked a worse player. Fowler would thrive in this side now as he has players to link up with who would get the best out of him, under Houllier he was used in a system that was designed to make the strikers use pace and power, both of which he's never had.

His ability level was far far greater, the style of the team he was playing in made him look alot worse than he was. Yet he still managed 17 goals that season which to me completely backs up everything i said about him.

As i said, when he first broke through he wasn't great at holding the ball up or had great pace, he's always been the same player, he still is only lacking in fitness and sharpness.
115-1073096938

Postby tel » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:19 am

Robbie has still something of the wildcard in him.

I'd love him back at the club. If he could live with not playing all the games, he'd be deadly to bring off the bench when we need a goal.

Pong can do it against Luton, but not better teams.

Garcia did it against Bolton, but I'd put my money on Robbie scoring with 10 minutes to go over anyone else
tel

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:40 am

tel wrote:Pong can do it against Luton, but not better teams.

He hasn't been given a proper chance yet.

Lets not forget how important his goal was for us against Betis a few months back....
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:53 pm

get in robbie lad!  :buttrock  city 3:1

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:02 pm

And a cracking finish as well.

So yeah - he can only do it against the Mickey Mouse teams, right?... :p
ivor_the_injun

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:52 pm

Well he did score today didn't he?? :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:08 pm

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:53 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

some great players have pulled on a red shirt but you cant ignore the truth that GH got rid at the right time. even if in robbies book he says he bloke was  a :censored: to him.

What people don't understand about Fowler is that during the treble season, he was the best he'd ever been.

His level's of ability in all area's were better than ever. The only thing is, he wasn't playing in a team that was made around him anymore and designed to get the best out of him. Fowler scored alot of goals from crosses, something which was rare under Houllier.

Robbie Fowler was never this alround player that people deam and fantasize about him being.

He was a goalscorer. A world class goalscorer. As a player, maybe he broke into the top 10 strikers in the world, no way was he ever better than the likes of Batistuta, Shearer, Ronaldo, Romario, Del Piero and Raul at the time.

The man's a Liverpool Legend, my favourate player of all time but that doesn't make him better than he actually was. If he got fit now and played as a lone striker in any team that had a player like McManaman used to be or Giggs and with two wing backs who could supply the crosses he'd still get 25 goals a season.

He got 17 in his last season for Liverpool playing in a team which was designed around Owen and Heskey. To me that says it all.

The problem with Fowler ever since he left Liverpool is that people didn't know how to use him, not that he'd "lost it".

Its the same thing now.

i`m not having that mate, there`s no way the fowler of 2001 was anywhere near, never mind better, than the robbie fowler that burst onto the scene in the early to mid 90`s.
the side robbie fowler made his name in was struggling like f@ck, thats why souness put the likes of him and redknapp and marsh in. that side certainly wasnt built to suit fowler.
maybe the evans side that had collymore in it was but even so he never seemed to miss in those days as he did after the injury in the derby.

Not being funny but you've completely missed the point again. Fowler was an excellent player, however he was a world class goalscorer.

In Houllier's teams he didn't get the right kind of service, he got the service Heskey and Owen were getting hence the reason he couldn't hack it and looked a worse player. Fowler would thrive in this side now as he has players to link up with who would get the best out of him, under Houllier he was used in a system that was designed to make the strikers use pace and power, both of which he's never had.

His ability level was far far greater, the style of the team he was playing in made him look alot worse than he was. Yet he still managed 17 goals that season which to me completely backs up everything i said about him.

As i said, when he first broke through he wasn't great at holding the ball up or had great pace, he's always been the same player, he still is only lacking in fitness and sharpness.

when he first broke into the side the ball was almost glued to his foot, i dont know where your getting he wasnt good at holding the ball up from.
again its all about opinions and you can try to explain to a dope like me all day long how the fowler of 2001 was better than the fowler of the pre 1998 derby match but i just wont believe it.
i know what i saw.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:09 pm

i :censored: love you Robbie Fowler.
my first born will be called Robbie , middle name fowler,
and im gonna get a tatoo of the great man.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:23 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Its the same thing now.

when he first broke into the side the ball was almost glued to his foot, i dont know where your getting he wasnt good at holding the ball up from.
again its all about opinions and you can try to explain to a dope like me all day long how the fowler of 2001 was better than the fowler of the pre 1998 derby match but i just wont believe it.
i know what i saw.

Stu has this ''I'm superior than you'' complex. If you disagree with him, he might have a heart-attack.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion