Fowler - Bring him back

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:46 pm

fowler from 1994 to 1997 was the best striker i have ever seen in the english game,but when he had that serious  cruciant knee injury he never reached those heights again,and since that injury he has had  serious ankle and hip injuries that have diminished is mobility and sharpness,fowler coming back now would be a sad sight and i  would rather remember him at the top of his game when he was a naturally gifted goalscoring machine  in the red and not the one we have seen for the last few seasons at liverpool leeds and man city
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:48 pm

NEH NEH NEH
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:54 pm

Haven't we got a member called BringFowlerBack or am I thinking of BringBackTiti.

Anyway, not a good idea if you ask me.  I read his book not too long ago and to me he sounds like he's already resigned to the fact that his career is already on a downward spiral and the pinnacle of it was the Treble year of 2001, almost five calendar years ago now.  He hasn't been in the same frame of mind since and the final chapter of his book details a meeting he had with Stuart Pearce and Kevin Keegan where he admitted to them he wanted to retire from football, his heart for the game had gone.  He would have retired had they not talked him round.

The mentality has all but gone from the player we all knew and loved ten years or so back.  He should be remembered for everything he did for the club, and as a number of you have already pointed out, not remembered for the failure he would surely be if he came back to Anfield at this very late stage in his career.  That wouldn't be fair on Robbie.  Don't let sentimentality cloud your judgment, if this move were to happen, it would not work out.

Last year, I was getting my haircut in a Liverpool city centre barbers called 051 on Whitechapel.  The fella who owns the place weirdly enough had actually met Fowlers Mum upstairs in a tailors (clothing alterations) shop and brought her down to have a chat with the staff of the barbers.  She said (her words) that "Robbie would crawl back up the M62 on his hands and knees to play for Liverpool again." but it clearly isn't ever going to happen so forget about it.

I wouldn't even take him back short-term.  :(
jonnymac1979

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:56 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:Yet another pointless thread, come on we are moving forward robbie was a legend but that has now gone, get real for christ sake.............

Get real.

Wasn't it you who said Owen Jaquin and Metzelder to arive for £35 mill in the summer. lol  :bowdown
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:00 pm

i'm not surprised he is thinking of retiring,the guy is making a killing with his shrewd real estste in liverpool and london,he's made more money from that then football,maybe thats where his future lies,and when he's a billionaire he can  be our sugar daddy.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:00 pm

more chance of that happening though than fowler coming back, and in todays game would be much better choice......
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:02 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:more chance of that happening though than fowler coming back, and in todays game would be much better choice......

Good point,

I'd love it to come true.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:15 pm

robbie wouldnt score the goals anymore im afraid and wouldnt offer the other things Crouch does so i doesnt make sense HOWEVER, just to see him in red again, even sub appearances deffo have him back in a shot.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:06 pm

the laws of the liverpoolfc-newkit forum dictate that once every six months there will be a 'bring fowler back' thread. it will go on for as long as he's still playing the game, then it will be replaced by 'fowler for manager' threads and 'fowler to invest in new stadium as part of property scheme' threads.

it shows how much the guy was an absolute legend at this club though. my biggest disappointment as a fan was when he was sold but it would be even sadder to see him being the shadow of his former self playing in red again. i'm sure running out for liverpool would put plenty of that fire back in his belly but i don't think the body is up to it anymore.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:03 pm

I'd have Fowler back.....

to make the tea  :D

Sadly, Injuries (and earning millions with property dealings) have meant Fowler isn't the same player, not mentally or physical.  Not way he'd be brought back, simply because Rafa wouldn't agree to pay him huge wages.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:37 am

yes lets bring fowler back...  ???  HAvent u realised yet that hes poo now?
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby AlanHansen » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:49 am

GOAT wrote:yes lets bring fowler back...  ???  HAvent u realised yet that hes poo now?

Yeah, he's poo, we sold him at the right time..

But, Rafa might be able to kick him into shape and he would get loads of goals with the service into the box we have nowadays....
AlanHansen

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:56 am

But, Rafa might be able to kick him into shape and he would get loads of goals with the service into the box we have nowadays....

Fowler isn't motivated anymore.  Why?  he's one of the richest footballers in the co :censored:ry.  The fact the likes of Norwich are looking at him shows he's not even a Premierleague striker anymore.  Leeds paid us £13 million for Fowler....Houllier we salute you!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:12 am

AlanHansen wrote:
GOAT wrote:yes lets bring fowler back...  ???  HAvent u realised yet that hes poo now?

Yeah, he's poo, we sold him at the right time..

dont think even rafa could kick his ar.se into shape
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:42 am

he was never the same after that injury he got in the derby when he challenged the keeper and landed funny.
didnt look much at the time but he was never the same.
he started to give interviews saying he never watched footy on the telly cause it bored him and he was only interested in horse racing. i think he just fell out of love with the game.
what a f@cking player though!! its says everything that even though alan shearer was in his prime he was under tremendous pressure with most people in the press and on the telly saying fowler should lead the attack for england.
owen scored plenty but he never had fowlers range of finishing, robbie wouldnt just hit it, he would choose the finish for the occasion whether it be a lob, a sidefoot, a blast, a chip etc.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion