Fowler - Bring him back

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kopite_1232002 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:49 pm

Benitez's plan for Fowler    Fri, Jan 27 2006 18:11
Robbie Fowler could make his second Liverpool debut in Wednesday night's Premiership clash with Birmingham following his shock return. 
The 30-year-old is cup-tied, having scored an FA cup hat-trick for Manchester City in their third round win over Scunthorpe, ruling him out of the trip to Portsmouth this weekend.
Having returned to full fitness in the last month, Fowler will then come into contention for the home clash with Steve Bruce's men and giving the returning hero the chance to salute the fans.

With Djibril Cisse's off-field problems, Rafa Benitez is likely to turn to Fowler straight away and Fowler himself will be keen to get going in order to prove that he is worth an extended deal beyond this season.

Meanwhile former Reds' boss Roy Evans says Fowler was the best goalscorer he ever worked with and says, while he was 'surprised by the signing', he is also delighted and has praised Benitez for having the courage to bring him back to the club.

Evans also believes Fowler will make a perfect foil for Peter Crouch and should convert many of the chances the big striker creates 'in and around the box'.
kopite_1232002

Postby red37 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Houllier=LFC wrote:I would start him straight against Portsmouth!
Cisse and Moro can draw lots to warm the bench.

he's cup-tied im afraid

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Houllier=LFC wrote:I would start him straight against Portsmouth!
Cisse and Moro can draw lots to warm the bench.

his cup-tied
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Proudy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:51 pm

YES!!! GOD HAS RETURNED!!!

Cant wait to see him run out in the red of Liverpool fc again.
This is just :censored: awesome.

YNWA
Proudy

Postby red37 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:56 pm

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby banana » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:58 pm

madred wrote:Banana you mentioned how Roy Evans squandered Robbie's chances? He played a formation that Robbie thrived on along with Steve Mcmanaman. Only Robbie really had himself to blame for his demise at the club. Lets hope he gives it 100% this time, keeps himself fit and stays out of trouble. Over to you God.

Take a moment and think. When I saq squandered I mean it. The club was in spice boys mode when robbie appeared. He was a young boy with a lot of money to burn and bad role models and a soft manager. It went wrong. His talents was squandered. If he had professional like Alonso around him and a real manager with a good backroom staff I don't think Fowler would have faded away like he did.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:15 pm

Fair comment Banana. Having the likes of Babb,Ruddock and Collymore didnt help him but i just felt Robbie didnt do enough once GH's Liverpool started to take effect. Some will say he wanted him out right from the word go but as i just think Houllier had no time for people who thought they were bigger than their boots. Houllier i believe was full of support for him at first and if he had showed the commitment to try and knuckle down and fight for his place would he have gone? Others might say that when Heskey was signed then his number was up. Robbie will now realise that he is much more mature than 5 years ago and i hope he gives it his all for the club he loves. Best of luck Robbie
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:34 pm

I hope nobody minds, we're all made up and that, but can we all celebrate and discuss it here from now on that he's finally joined us.
jonnymac1979

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion