Football is a religion ? - ..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:55 am

Woollyback wrote:
The Canadian Red Army wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Well on sept 11th I could not believe that god would let something like that happen TBH.  And with the Tsuami on boxing day I thought wtf ??? . At least we get hurt by poor results in football and not through death by idiots blowing themselves up, or by a freak of nature.

sorry i wont turn this into a political thing, but if god was real why the flip did he create george w. bush

F*cking good point CRA :D

Having said that, Dubya thinks he's on a personal mission from "God", as do far too many yanks I fear :(

lol woolly dont get me started with the idiots of america.
he seems to take on every country that has nukes,he wants to go for iran now, who is he going to take on next after that, India?, Pakistan?, or why not have another Korean war just for the sake of saying "its a mission from god". The guy is a wing nut, and the idiots of american voted him back in.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:55 am

The Ace1983 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:god is in the eye of the beholder, so whether or not he really exists in any form is irrelevant

that is very true woolly

God and Athieism ARE both in the eye of the beholder, but I fail to see how one's faith or lack of it can be considered irrelivant?

Sorry Ace I think you misunderstand me, atheism and religion aren't the irrelevant bit - what I'm saying is that if something is in the eye of the beholder then the question of whether it actually exists or not is irrelevant because it exists for the beholder (if that make sense)    ???
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:57 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:No, and religion can be sent to General Chat.

Think you should actually banish this one far further than Gen Chat JBG, you should banish it to Lark Lane cafe's on a Sunday morning :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:58 am

Woollyback wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:god is in the eye of the beholder, so whether or not he really exists in any form is irrelevant

that is very true woolly

God and Athieism ARE both in the eye of the beholder, but I fail to see how one's faith or lack of it can be considered irrelivant?

Sorry Ace I think you misunderstand me, atheism and religion aren't the irrelevant bit - what I'm saying is that if something is in the eye of the beholder then the question of whether it actually exists or not is irrelevant because it exists for the beholder (if that make sense)    ???

Riiiggghhhttt! Ok, yeah. I'm with you on that one. Infact, I think i was saying that back on page2 of this thread.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:59 am

Woollyback wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:No, and religion can be sent to General Chat.

Think you should actually banish this one far further than Gen Chat JBG, you should banish it to Lark Lane cafe's on a Sunday morning :D

:laugh:
yer I knew it would end in an argument :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:03 am

The Ace1983 wrote:
Woollyback wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:

that is very true woolly

Riiiggghhhttt! Ok, yeah. I'm with you on that one. Infact, I think i was saying that back on page2 of this thread.

you were indeed  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:13 am

for football to be classed as a true religion you would almost have to say each club is a religion.
For example for us Liverpool FC is a rleigion, not football in general.

Why?

Because there are many different religions who worhsip different gods and who have different beliefs. This can be compared to football fans who worship different players,managers etc based on the club they support.

then you get national teams which bring opposiion fans together every so often, and this is where it gets confusing.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:53 am

Woollyback wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Well on sept 11th I could not believe that god would let something like that happen TBH.  And with the Tsuami on boxing day I thought wtf ??? . At least we get hurt by poor results in football and not through death by idiots blowing themselves up, or by a freak of nature.

sorry i wont turn this into a political thing, but if god was real why the flip did he create george w. bush

Having said that, Dubya thinks he's on a personal mission from "God", as do far too many yanks I fear :(

he seems to take on every country that has nukes,he wants to go for iran now, who is he going to take on next after that, India?, Pakistan?, or why not have another Korean war just for the sake of saying "its a mission from god". The guy is a wing nut, and the idiots of american voted him back in.

can't stop laughing, CRA  :D  :laugh:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:10 am

LFC #1 wrote:for football to be classed as a true religion you would almost have to say each club is a religion.
For example for us Liverpool FC is a rleigion, not football in general.

Why?

Because there are many different religions who worhsip different gods and who have different beliefs. This can be compared to football fans who worship different players,managers etc based on the club they support.

then you get national teams which bring opposiion fans together every so often, and this is where it gets confusing.

That's where I've been coming from when I was saying that it is more of a tribal system. It's like the natural evolution of the celtic tribes that roamed this land during the times of the Romans. But they could be united in the face of a common enemy, i.e. the international matches.

So combine these ideas with the theological disscusions of the last couple of pages, and you actually get something resembling a strange hybrid of various stages of the religious evolution. It's sort of like a stone-age Christianity.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:26 pm

.. that's an interesting point.. Ace...and I agree that inate tribal qualities continue to manifest themsleves in different ways today as they were prevalent 1000's of years ago...

.. Indeed you'll find that the woman's monthly cycle for example aligns with other women who she associates with (lives with or works with) because it is part of the tribal ritual of looking after each others sprogs ..  a slight tangent but the same pinciple of triabalism..

.. Religious belief is truly an individual thing.. though becomes a communal experience and gathering of sorts .. the intensity of it,  the level at which one chooses to practice ... and the belief in God, 'a' faith and salvation.. "there is a life after death .. this is a temporary state.. the real fruits are in the after life.. belief in the Trinity, Krishna, Budha or Allah" it's so diverse... 

.. football is a tribal attarction.. but when we wanna see success or win.. those who believe in a faith.. will no-doubt turn to their Almighty for the 'salvation' of there team.. "Plz God let Liverpool Football club be League champions again" :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:09 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
Woollyback wrote:

can't stop laughing, CRA  :D  :laugh:

im glad you enjoyed my rant anfieldadorer. I hate bush, and woolly brought the subject up, so i went on a rant. :p  :D
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:12 pm

.. yes Bush the 'Saviour' of the free world.. arn't we all lucky :angry:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:22 pm

zarababe wrote:.. yes Bush the 'Saviour' of the free world.. arn't we all lucky :angry:

i say to tell the defence secretary to go take his d!ck out of bush's ******, so maybe he can think clearly enough to see what he is doing to the world.
i sure as hell hope no one supports bush in here?

if this is our savour, god help us.
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:27 pm

.. a self appointed saviour.. he will get his due .. don't u worry CRA.. I'm praying a nuke falls on his head... see how he likes it .. bl**dy bully .. :angry:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:30 pm

.. but interesting again how religion is used as the tool for justifying 'injustifiable' actions ... and responses ..

.. In football we seek escapism.. solis... ecstacy .. that rush of adrenalin.. because ther is so much sh*t  in world ..

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion