Fa youth cup final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ICE-MAN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:20 pm

The lads are 2-0 down at half time according to the fa website, anyone confirm this? anyone watch the first half and can comment on it? ????

Hope the lads do it, they will be gutted if they lose it after working so hard last week!

Do away goals count?
ICE-MAN

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:44 pm

WE'VE WON IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LADS IN THE YOUTH TEAM!!! WELL DONE LADS!!!

We won 3-2 on agg. And seeing as the last time we won it Carra, Stevie and Owen were in the team, this is a v. good omen!
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:44 pm

we were awful tonite tho, comapred to last leg anyways

congrats to the leg tho boys... nice one!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:50 pm

Understandable, at that age I guess even Heighway had a game convincin the boys the game werent over at 3-0. Also the Manx have a damn good youth side, quite some victory over two legs.
Did anyone catch the info about Coventry bein the last team to win the Youth and the FA cup in the same season? About time that one got put to bed.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:59 pm

yeah congrats for the lads, im not surprised by the defeat in the 2nd leg, they thought it was over after the first leg. They are a fantastic bunch of talents for the future especially a certain few and it makes the future bright for our club
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:04 pm

Good to see it for the young lads - if history is anything to go by we'll get one or two decent first teamers out of that bunch, which let's face it is more important than the actual trophy in the grand scheme of things.  Good experience for them and a night they'll remember for a while.

No shame in losing 2 nil on the night, motivation for that game must have been impossible.  And for City, playing with absolutely no pressure on them after the first leg obviously meant they were going to play better.

Well done lads...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:05 pm

Couldn't believe it was the same bunch of lads that ran riot last week . Looked like a park side tonight by comparison to last weeks performance .

Well done anyway .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GOAT » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Couldn't believe it was the same bunch of lads that ran riot last week . Looked like a park side tonight by comparison to last weeks performance .

Well done anyway .

as suggested though, we had everything to lose and no motivation whilst they had a hell of a lot of motivation and nothing to lose, so i dont blame the young lads for the bad turnout tonight, they would be hard to motivate after the 3-0
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby anti-hero » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:16 pm

We still won it though..

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Now its time for the senior squad to show their stuff..

(By the way.. were any of you there to watch them lift it?)
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HantsRed » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:17 pm

Congratulations to the boys. Did enough - just!
I agree it was difficult for them to approach the game with anything but a safety-first mindset.

I thought City's Micah Richards was in a different class tonight.
HantsRed

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:29 pm

I disagree with the 3-0 up lets sit on it mindset . Man City had nothing to lose and were bound to go for it . We were getting battered , and seemingly had no tactical response . Not knocking the lads but question the managements apparent inability to instill a go for the forth goal and a kill attitude into the team .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mighty mo » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:30 pm

GREAT NEWS!!! the futures bright the futures RED!!!!!! :buttrock
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:15 am

To be fair though, most keepers would have found their opener impossible to save. It was a rocket, straight into the top corner out of nowhere.

The players MUST continue their development and not get cocky.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:34 am

Congratulations to the lads,we were awful last night but the record books will say we won 3-2 on aggregate! :)
I couldn't help but notice that every time our fans started singing "In Istanbul,we won it 5 times" city seemed to score! :D ???
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:03 am

Only watched bits of it as my kids were staying overnight at mine.
The lads didnt look at there best tonight but over two legs against a very good Manchester City side deserved to win.
I was made up for them, there celebrations at the end in front of our fans showed how much it meant to them.
Not sure how many fans we had there, a lot must have gone to Manchester for the weekend and be taking in both games cos they were so loud. It was a far better atmosphere than the Anfield game.
Lets hope a few of these lads can really push on now, i am sure Rafa will use quite a few of them in pre-season, he did with the likes of Potter and Raven last year.
One thing i want to add though, did anyone watch Heighway's interview straight after the final whistle ?
I got the feeling from the way he answered the question....will we be seeing any of these young lads playing Premiership football soon ? ....that he is not convinced rafa will give his players a chance, or that he doesnt get on to well with Benitez.
I am sure our manager will give any young player a chance if they are performing well in youth and reserve team games, its just the way Heighway answered the question that bothered me...as if winning the cup is the main thing, (it is not) developing the players to go the next step up, is the main thing, and what his job should be all about. The trophy is of course a great bonus.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion