Lfc youth

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:31 am

I don't want people to take this thread the wrong way and I am not having a pop at any of the young players from tonights loss but I feel as though we have paid millions of pounds out to build an accademy and aren't producing players to the standard of say God, SG or MO, yeah don't get me wrong Warrnock looks good and so does Whitbread but they don't stand out like the previous mentioned players did at their age  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:35 am

They lack skill and passion most importantly. Most players today showed no passion for the club, they did not try to play at their best.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:37 am

Gerrards and Owens come around every decade you wont get another player like Owen for Liverpool for say maybe 10 15 years coming thru the academy ask manure.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:38 am

Personally I think the likes of Potter, Raven and Welsh aren't good enough for the first team, if they aren't up for it against Burnley I don't think theirs much chance for them against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U. :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:40 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Gerrards and Owens come around every decade you wont get another player like Owen for Liverpool for say maybe 10 15 years coming thru the academy ask manure.

I agree their Lynds but I just don't think the standard being produced is very good  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:46 am

Paul C wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Gerrards and Owens come around every decade you wont get another player like Owen for Liverpool for say maybe 10 15 years coming thru the academy ask manure.

I agree their Lynds but I just don't think the standard being produced is very good  ???

maybe not but its only a matter of team before we get another one
109-1105722616

Postby taff » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:52 am

A Gerrad and Owen once a decade could justify the cost plus the other squad members that will be produced

After the initial anger of were out of the cup, reading this ost reminds me of a geat book called Parklife I read again the other day. By a Leeds fan it goes on about the Leeds youth team who hammered the Manure youth team of Scholes Beckham and co in the FA youth cup, but goes on about how Ferguson looked after them and while Leeds didnt and the loss to Leeds of their golden generation.

Also it was after a beating that Hansen remarked you dont win anything with Kids. 

Rafa is trying to bring them trough and I hope thy learn and develop from tonight. Some of them will go but in that team tonight we DO have a few lads fo the future
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion