Uefa cup here we come!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ronmeister » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:14 am

While i can see we are are poor this season and have been for a while now i think the Lucky eye may have turned our way at long last.Anything we get this season should be seen as a bonus its got to take time to cure the hurt done in the past .We have a losing mentality right through the squad right through the board and its even in the Fans .It shows how far we have to go when our highlight of the season is a run in for fourth against The blueshite.But and its a big But we have seen glimpse's of quality and class in our squad this season weve seen big name's linked with the club again and even managed to land one.And the most important thing of all is we are starting to play football again we are getting that pass and move style back slowly but surely and all our good performance's this season have come from that style of play .Yes we do keep slipping back into the Houlier style of 11 defenders and a hoof over the top but we are slowly changing yes the manager does get the tactic's wrong but thats to be expected he is new to the premier but when he gets them right look how good we look.I'm not making exscuse's like injuries like player's bedding in and gelling all the that sort of stuff because exscuse's are not needed.We are getting better and we WILL be challenging for major honour's sooner than later .
All you people who cant see it and just want to continually jump on any scapegoats back need to take a look at the positive's this season compared to last.
Anyway just my opinion and as usual all the Idiots will resort to name calling again.
ronmeister

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:21 pm

ronmeister wrote:While i can see we are are poor this season and have been for a while now i think the Lucky eye may have turned our way at long last.Anything we get this season should be seen as a bonus its got to take time to cure the hurt done in the past .We have a losing mentality right through the squad right through the board and its even in the Fans .It shows how far we have to go when our highlight of the season is a run in for fourth against The blueshite.But and its a big But we have seen glimpse's of quality and class in our squad this season weve seen big name's linked with the club again and even managed to land one.And the most important thing of all is we are starting to play football again we are getting that pass and move style back slowly but surely and all our good performance's this season have come from that style of play .Yes we do keep slipping back into the Houlier style of 11 defenders and a hoof over the top but we are slowly changing yes the manager does get the tactic's wrong but thats to be expected he is new to the premier but when he gets them right look how good we look.I'm not making exscuse's like injuries like player's bedding in and gelling all the that sort of stuff because exscuse's are not needed.We are getting better and we WILL be challenging for major honour's sooner than later .
All you people who cant see it and just want to continually jump on any scapegoats back need to take a look at the positive's this season compared to last.
Anyway just my opinion and as usual all the Idiots will resort to name calling again.

yeah, there`s no quick fixes in this game and sometimes you have to take a step backwards to go forwards. we only squeezed into fourth last year with a last gasp effort and then lost our best striker to madrid.
the injuries came at bad times too.
if all our side needed was a bit of fine tuning then houllier wouldnt have gone, the fact was with the long ball style of play we were very one dimensional and mentally fragile, as the statistic were it was two years since we turned a one nil defecit around showed.
its a quirk of the game that some of the most succesful managers have started with bad periods, with ferguson famously being one game from the sack and the everton crowd throwing cushions at howard kendall before he took them to the title, and that was back in the days when fans had patience!!
in recent times curbishley took charlton down before bringing them back up and stabilising them in the division.
my big fear is that some of the fans start getting on phone ins and forums slagging benitez to the point where he thinks i`m off. he has worked miracles in spain and his stock is high enough for him to get some big job offers and in my opinion considering what he has had to deal with done a good job here. no manager could have done more with the cards rafa has been dealt. if fans rant too much we may end up without a manager. i know we are all dissapointed but lets remember that the manager is trying his hardest to achieve what we all desire, its the players that are letting us all down.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:25 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Who gives a toss. We may not qualify for the Cl, and we might miss the Uefa cup. I will still be shouting for LFC long after i am dead and success is not why i love the reds.
LFC is the best and will rise again.

Walk on.

i think we are at least in the uefa cup regardless of finishing 5th or 17th.

Chelsea are most likely gonna win the league. So their Uefa spot (from the league cup win), will go to us..... Not that it makes things happier...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:30 pm

The_Rock wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Who gives a toss. We may not qualify for the Cl, and we might miss the Uefa cup. I will still be shouting for LFC long after i am dead and success is not why i love the reds.
LFC is the best and will rise again.

Walk on.

i think we are at least in the uefa cup regardless of finishing 5th or 17th.

Chelsea are most likely gonna win the league. So their Uefa spot (from the league cup win), will go to us..... Not that it makes things happier...

it doesnt carry over in the league cup, only the f.a cup.
we`ve got to finish in the top 6, at least.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:34 pm

Mmm?..and the way things have been going that is by no means a forgon conclusion? ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:39 pm

4th is not over yet..even if the toffees do beat blackburn later on (11 points behind), there is still chance. they have to play arsenal, mancs, and the barcodes while we only need to play arsenal. plus if we win the derby, it will be tight.

anyhow, even if we do miss out of 4th place, there is possibly another route...
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:21 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:I'll tell you who gives a toss ..die hard LFC fans who love the bones of the club, and cant stand to see our sad demise, those of us who have been brought up on the traditional LFC style of play (obviously not you!) so it does make a difference to me, it hurts like hell to see our once great team reduced to mediocrity!!.. dont ever say it does not matter. :angry:

You do not know me pal, you have no idea what i was brought up on.

When i started supporting the Reds in 1974 the glory was really starting to happen. I remember the style of play that the team used to employ which has changed and evolved over the years - i happen to think the best footballing LFC side was the Dalglish Double winning season when we were playing a lot of one and two touch stuff = it was total football.

I did not say it dos not matter either  - the team at the moment may be mediocre but the club will always be the greatest in the world regardless of what goes on out on the park. And a club as great as ours will not stay mediocre - there are going to be times when the team are not up there - that is why we love the game so much. :laugh:
Last edited by crazyhorse on Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:52 pm

KARMANI wrote:Another defeat, (thats 6 in our last 10 games) and i feel that could well be it for 4th place!! We just never looked like scoring today! Shay Given never had to make a save!!Steven Gerrard and now Milan Baros seem to be just going through the motions and counting the time down till the summer comes so they can move on!!!

8pts now seperate ourselves from Everton and that could very well be 11 points this time tommorw!!! Let me just put that into perspective!! That means we have to win four more comes than them by the end of the season!!! And the way we are playing i certainly would bet on it!!

And i'm sure we will get people coming on and saying that we can still quailfy for next years champions league by winning it this year................
Come on that aint going to happen!!! If we play like we did today we be lucky to go into the draw next friday week for the 1/4 finals!! Leverkusen will tear us apart - just ask Real Madrid!!! 

:down:

Thats it lad, get behind the boys and look on the bright side.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:03 pm

They lost today ,Eight points behind Everton.
We win our game in hand ,Five points behind Everton
We beat them ,Two points behind Everton

IT'S A LONG WAY FROM OVER ..................WALK ON  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:45 pm

i believe we can do it all the way. stop putting the team and ppl on here down all the time . lets all just wait and see shall we instead of just chatting sh!t all of the time......
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion