EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 am

In a season with so many frustrations It is great to see this lad shining so bright. Whats more is that he is starting to look like our best piece of business in the last window.
He is going to be a monster for us next season  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:53 pm

I totally agree with the last post. :cool:

I've thought for a good while now how classy Can is on the ball. What a snip he will turn out to be over the next few years. He will prove to be one of Brendan's best signings. What is not surprising is his ability to play centre-back bacause that is where the legend that was Alan Hansen ended-up - after starting his career as a midfielder. Now I'm not suggesting for a moment that Can will get into Jockey's bracket but it's just his ability to pass the ball and glide with it and his general ease in possession that makes me feel he can become a cracking player for us for a few years to come.

One pass really sticks out - the delicate lob to Sterling for the equaliser at Bolton - sumptous!! I would deffo play him in midfield next season but I can't begin to fathom out where to?? Can anyone else?? ???
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:52 pm

https://sport.bt.com/this-is-what-emre-can-do-when-hes-in-midfield-91363987330149

Can slots a sweet goal ,to prove the lads inventiveness was wasted all last season in defence.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:55 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 pm wrote:https://sport.bt.com/this-is-what-emre-can-do-when-hes-in-midfield-91363987330149

Can slots a sweet goal ,to prove the lads inventiveness was wasted all last season in defence.

It's ok, BR will play him in goal next season  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Germany u21's v Denmark kicking off on in 15 mins ,good clear stream if anyone wants to see Can in midfield

http://streams.tv/channel/2759-zdf/soccer
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Germany U21's v Denmark U21's 

Emre looks a class act in the middle ,and provided the assist for Volland with a sweet through ball ,Germany 1 Denmark 0
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:45 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:48 pm

You're welcome mate ,and here's some more encouraging news  ,Inter have just signed Kondogbia  freeing up Kovacic for a move

http://www.sempreinter.com/2015/06/20/mp-kovacic-to-liverpool-to-help-inters-finances/?

Our midfield might just start developing  an exciting edge .....fingers crossed fella
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:32 am

Germany taken apart by Portugal five zip  ,Can completely ineffective ,Carvalho immense.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Decided to watch one game of Emre and his team got battered. Skipped the Brazil game in fear afterwards.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Is it me or does Can seem to blow hot and cold? In one game, he seems totally dominant, could change the game, takes control and pushes forward, but in other games, he appears to be overun by the other team's midfielders and seems like a deer caught in headlights? If he plays against arsenal, I hope the former Can turns up...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:10 pm

maguskwt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:49 pm wrote:Is it me or does Can seem to blow hot and cold? In one game, he seems totally dominant, could change the game, takes control and pushes forward, but in other games, he appears to be overun by the other team's midfielders and seems like a deer caught in headlights? If he plays against arsenal, I hope the former Can turns up...

I know what your saying mate, i think in his defense it dosn't help that the manager has moved him around so many positions, on top of that he is still only 21, i am sure the consistency we all want to see will come once he is settled into that central midfield role

The manager needs to unshackle him and let him loose, the time is now and if anyone can Emre Can
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:20 pm

maguskwt » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:49 pm wrote:Is it me or does Can seem to blow hot and cold? In one game, he seems totally dominant, could change the game, takes control and pushes forward, but in other games, he appears to be overun by the other team's midfielders and seems like a deer caught in headlights? If he plays against arsenal, I hope the former Can turns up...

He is only 21 though mate, players that age are going to be inconsistent. I think we as fans probably expect too much from the likes of Coutinho, Ibe, Can, Markovic et al, even greats of the game like Ronaldinho and Iniesta were notoriously inconsistent until they hit their mid to late 20's.
As a fan though it's hard not to comment on what's happening in front of you, if someone is having a mare and losing the ball every time they touch it it's only natural to think wtf is going on, get this waste of space off etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:44 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:20 am wrote:

He is only 21 though mate, players that age are going to be inconsistent. I think we as fans probably expect too much from the likes of Coutinho, Ibe, Can, Markovic et al, even greats of the game like Ronaldinho and Iniesta were notoriously inconsistent until they hit their mid to late 20's.
As a fan though it's hard not to comment on what's happening in front of you, if someone is having a mare and losing the ball every time they touch it it's only natural to think wtf is going on, get this waste of space off etc

Funnily enough, that is how I feel watching Jordan Ibe.

I thought Can had a ver good game today.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion