Dudek's error ... again!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:48 pm

He used to play for manure and can score penalties too!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adayinthelife » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:27 pm

IMO Dudek has not regained the confidence he had before he ****** up against the scum and gifted that useless ****** forlan 2 goals. :(

Did anyone else see Carragher today giving him a right earful not just after their goal but again in the 2nd half when dudek failed to come for a fairly simple cross ???

I always felt Kirkland was the answer but unless he can sort out his fragile body we may have to look elsewhere :(
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gunnar Vals » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:56 pm

I trust Kirkland more. He is more stabil. But I'm glad we don't have James anymore
Gunnar Vals

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:37 am

Dudek wasn't at fault for the goal , the flick on took the ball on a different projecture and Anelka got the lucky ricochet to slot it home .....lets not start the season by becoming boo boys just yet ....

64% possession says it all and LFC dominated. Kept the ball well and created a few chances and most importnantly took 2 of them .

Gerrard was immense (again but i don't want to take him for granted......ever!) , baros was a constant threat and we loked like team with belief and intent. It's encouraging to come back froma  goal down and win , something we have failed to do too many times over the last 3 seasons ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:54 am

Agree with that Dalglish.It was such a joy to see Liverpool come back from behind.I felt like i was supporting a proper football team again.

Dudek is ok.It was a bal.lls up but he`s fairly consistent overall.Who would we replace him with?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:05 am

the Doctor.. sorry nurse KIRKLAND :p
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:36 am

I wouldn't replace him with anyone Greenred although i believe Kirkland's a better keeper...... can't think of many clubs in the Prem who have 2 International keepers, Dudek being first choice at poland and Kirkland surely to be first choice for England if he can reamin injury free ...
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:48 am

Dalglish, after Poland lost by 5 goals to Denmark in the 2002 World Cup with Dudek at fault for at least one goal, I don't think he is an automatic first choice anymore.

Dudek is a good shot stopper, but not commanding and not very confidence inspiring when he fight for crosses. That is why he does not do so very often like Bruce Grobbelaar used to. He reminds me of Italian 'keepers who are good shot stoppers, but not as strong as traditional British ones like Shilton used to be like.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:53 am

azriahmad wrote:Dalglish, after Poland lost by 5 goals to Denmark in the 2002 World Cup with Dudek at fault for at least one goal, I don't think he is an automatic first choice anymore.

Dudek is a good shot stopper, but not commanding and not very confidence inspiring when he fight for crosses. That is why he does not do so very often like Bruce Grobbelaar used to. He reminds me of Italian 'keepers who are good shot stoppers, but not as strong as traditional British ones like Shilton used to be like.

Yeah fair points there but Shilton's not playing anymore  :D

LFC (Dudek and Kirkland) conceded 2 more goals I think last season than Tim Howard at Man U and 7  more than Cuddicini at Chelsea.

My Point being we ought not to rush out and buy a keeper when the ones we have are not perhaps as bad as we seem to believe......

Look at Friedel at Blackburn ..... A top class keeper let go by liverpool probabbly cos some thought he wasn't quite good enough  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:57 am

zarababe wrote:the Doctor.. sorry nurse KIRKLAND :p

Do you think Kirklands injury history makes him  reliable as a first choice keeper?

My gut feeling is we cant rely on Kirkland.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:00 am

greenred wrote:
zarababe wrote:the Doctor.. sorry nurse KIRKLAND :p

Do you think Kirklands injury history makes him  reliable as a first choice keeper?

My gut feeling is we cant rely on Kirkland.

Agree 100%. Kirkland's class but he is either very unlucky or very fragile , not a condition you want to find yourself with when your the keeper  :suspect:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:25 am

I think Kirkland is unlucky and Dudek is clumsy.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:29 am

Every keeper makes mistakes ... Dudek conceded 2 more goals than Howard last season .......I realise he isn;t perhaps as good as he has been but we are in danger of making a case for releasing Dudek when he is a perfectly decent keeper . Remember Friedel ? considered not good enough for LFC ? ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:36 am

I agree that every 'keeper makes mistakes, but a howler of a mistake seem to happen to Dudek once too often - either that or am I just being too critical?

Whatever, I still am not confident when Dudek's in goal because he is just a howler away...
It doesn't matter too much when you have other players with Arsenal's quality, I hated to say this, but we are not quite there yet, although I am more confident that we have a better chance of getting there with Rafa in charge now. I just worry about us dropping points due to Dudek's tendency to produce howlers out of nothing when the ball should have been claimed by him safely.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:37 am

azriahmad wrote:after Poland lost by 5 goals to Denmark in World cup 2002.

that never happened mate, Poland had USA, Korea and Portugal in their group and their biggest lost was 4-0 to Portugal with Pauleta scoring a hat-trick.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion