Dudek - End of an era?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby coddy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:12 am

Now that we have Pepe, Jerzy is going to fade more and more into the background i guess.........

with Scott Carson getting better and better it's going too be even harder for Dudek to make it to the bench nevermind first team.

He has done so much for the club with very little mistakes. He was 2003 Wothington Cup Final MoM and i think he was CL 2005 Mom.

Do you think its a good idea to cash him in now? and will you be sad to see him leave?
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1149024436 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:16 am

I think you'd get quite a few offers for him, if Benitez was willing to sell.

Yes he's made a few mistakes, but he is a decent keeper.

How about a straight swap with Richard Wright?

No?

Thought not :(
65-1149024436

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:00 am

coddy wrote:Now that we have Pepe, Jerzy is going to fade more and more into the background i guess.........

with Scott Carson getting better and better it's going too be even harder for Dudek to make it to the bench nevermind first team.

He has done so much for the club with very little mistakes. He was 2003 Wothington Cup Final MoM and i think he was CL 2005 Mom.

Do you think its a good idea to cash him in now? and will you be sad to see him leave?

"Mork calling Orson, Mork calling Orson, come in Orson. !! "

What planet have you been living on ?

"Now that we have Pepe" - Newsflash he signed last summer and was the best goalkeeper in the Premiership last season.

"With Scott Carson getting better and better" - I would question as to how you know he is getting better and better if you dont even know that he has gone on loan for a season to Charlton ? When did you see him play exactly ?

"He has done so much for this club with very little mistakes" - The first part I will give you, he has served us well when he has been on top of his game, but after a pretty good first season, Jerzy has become dodgy as funk. His Worthington Cup MOTM awars against United came after he was totally appauling in the league game at Anfield and gifted United not one but two goals. When have you watched Jerzy play ? Is the Worthington Cup Final and Istannbul the only two Liverpool games you have seen in the last two years ?

Open your eyes.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:50 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
coddy wrote:Now that we have Pepe, Jerzy is going to fade more and more into the background i guess.........

"Mork calling Orson, Mork calling Orson, come in Orson. !! "

What planet have you been living on ?

"Now that we have Pepe" - Newsflash he signed last summer and was the best goalkeeper in the Premiership last season.

"With Scott Carson getting better and better" - I would question as to how you know he is getting better and better if you dont even know that he has gone on loan for a season to Charlton ? When did you see him play exactly ?

"He has done so much for this club with very little mistakes" - The first part I will give you, he has served us well when he has been on top of his game, but after a pretty good first season, Jerzy has become dodgy as funk. His Worthington Cup MOTM awars against United came after he was totally appauling in the league game at Anfield and gifted United not one but two goals. When have you watched Jerzy play ? Is the Worthington Cup Final and Istannbul the only two Liverpool games you have seen in the last two years ?

Open your eyes.

Your definatley not a morning person are you Leon.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:25 am

hehehe....wooohooooo
tada  tada tada taddaaaaaaaa
Guess what 'post starter'...Dudek aint leaving this season !
Wouldnt mind him leaving next season if Carson plays regularly for charlton this season..would have enough to make him our second GK... but still rate Dudek higher than Carson until i'v seen more of Carson !  He's young and should improve ALOT if he plays in the prem. next season ! good luck Carson !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:36 am

Why let Dudek leave?

Carson's gone, the only other back up keeper we have other than Jerzy is David Martin.

And to be honest, I'd rather have an experienced veteran in between the sticks than a greenhorn should Reina ever be ineligible to play.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:48 am

Since Carson's departure on loan to Charlton, it's definitely not the time to offload Dudek just yet as he is just about the only keeper other than Reina who has substantial experience playing at the top level. Should Reina suffer any sort of injury, Dudek will be very important to the team. The only problem so far is whether Dudek would be satisfied with long spells on the bench.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:01 pm

As Carson's gone to Charlton it seems clear that Rafa sees Dudek as Reina's back up--I feel he definitely respects Dudek and wants to keep him.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:03 am

i think that hes had his time at our club hes made some terrible errors but also helped up magnificently helped us on our epic night on the 25th May 2005--long live Jerzy Dudek
THE RAFALUTION HAS BEGUN...........

YNWA-JUSTICE FOR THE 96
LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA

Postby LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:04 am

i think that hes had his time at our club hes made some terrible errors but also helped up magnificently helped us on our epic night on the 25th May 2005--long live Jerzy Dudek
THE RAFALUTION HAS BEGUN...........

YNWA-JUSTICE FOR THE 96
LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA

Postby el_stinger » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:09 am

He's a great back up, and if he continues to warm the bench while Reina is in between the sticks, good on him. He's a great replacement. But he would be struggling to be the first team choice in a top side, whether it be in the Prem League, Serie A, La Liga or Bundesliga. I think he knows that, and that's why he stayed last season and beyond. He's a backup keeper, and he has realised it, and rather fade away, he could prove vital in our surge to the top of the ladder again, should Reina not be available. *touch wood*
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Parscelona » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:23 am

Dudek is a good goalkeeper but i can't see him challenging Pepe for the goalkeeping shirt this season.
Though he is good back up incase anything happens to Reina, so i wouldn't sell him till we get a replacement in for him.  :)
Parscelona

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:32 am

Reina is our undisputed number 1 and this isn’t going to change. As I have stated before I don’t feel Carson is good enough to be our number 2 at present, a season of first team football at Charlton should change that.

So I have always stated that we should keep Dudek as our number 2 for at least this season. Maybe his contract runs out at the end of the season or maybe he will move on next summer and we will get what I presume as a quite a big earner of our books.

For me there is nothing to discuss in the goal keeping department this season, Reina is our first choice, Dudek is our second choice and Martin is third choice. Hopefully Kirkland will secure a permanent move to Wigan in the January transfer window. And then next summer we can decide what to do in terms of our number 2.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion