Irish tv review of monaco game - By trevor stevens (ex everton )

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pool Boy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:44 am

He had some good points to make....fair as well....Thought Liverpool were much improved on last season and they now look like they are going in the right direction but it is evolution instead of revoltion.

- Thought Garcia was the brightest thing about Liverpool....very eager....but needs to improve his finishing....too many misses to score one goal......felt he will fill Mchael Owens role as the person to be at the end of good balls into the box.

- Cisse dose not look £14m....got caught offside far too much and felt his goal was due to being played on side by a player behind him rather than springing the offside trap...but still he scored.

- Gerrard and Alonso are starting to forma midfield partnership that will become telepathic...showed clips of were simple direct passes by Alonso forward to Gerrard kept the team going forward and not cross field and back.....thinks partnership could evolve to match Arsenal's midfield.

- Kewell was better going forward than of recent times but too often offered no options in defence....wouldn't track back.

- Baros showed the energy of Euro 2004....felt he knew he could grab a first team place over Cisse and wanted it.

- Liverpool will qualify from group but wouldn't make waves after that.

- surprised at number of empty seats...even away from visitors end.

Fair comment ?
Pool Boy

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:28 pm

agree with most. kewell was my man of the match. not everyone probly agrees wit me. the no of empty seats surprisd me too. cisse will have to work on the no of times he is off side. baros was good but not great. we should've scored a shed load. alonsos passing was good. we played great one touch football. rafas method is simple- pass and move
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion