Shock move: torres to liverpool? - Owen going other way?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby HistoryGirl » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:55 pm

Source: Copied for Happy Axemans Forum but originally from Fans FC.com

Liverpool Football Club in swap sensation?

Young Spanish hotshot Fernando Torres is being heavily linked with a shock move to Liverpool Football Club – with Michael Owen reportedly heading the other way.

Mail The FansFC Editor
Send This Article To A Friend
Post Your View on The Msg Board

New Kop coach Rafael Benitez is a huge admirer of Torres, whom he watched flourish in La Liga whilst in charge of Valencia.

And with a question mark remaining against the Anfield future of Owen, reports emanating from Spain suggest that a sensational swap deal could unfold.

England ace Owen is still to pen a new contract at Liverpool Football Club and could be receptive to any overtures from La Liga.

Both players are rated in the £20m bracket, and both have been recently linked with moves from their current employers.

Torres is one of the most highly rated young strikers in Europe, attracting the interest of a wealth of high profile suitors, including AC Milan and Manchester United Football Club.

But Liverpool Football Club have jumped to the front of the queue given their reported willingness to use Owen as bait.

i personally cant see it happening anyone disagree?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:07 pm

I think Fernando Torres would possibly be receiving the best deal as he currently plies his trade for Athletico Madrid ,I could be wrong but I suspect Owen wouldn’t relish playing for a struggling La Liga team .what do you think History Girl ?
:D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:48 pm

I doubt if Michael Owen can see himself relishing the prospect of playing for Athletico Madrid rather than Real Madrid.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:58 pm

Owen for Athletico Madrid he would surely be crazy to turn down such a tempting proposal ( El Loco ) to play for such an illustrious super club ,well steeped in successs  :D :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:03 pm

What are your thoughts HIstory Girl ? will Owen leave for the dizzy heights of Athletico Madrid ? :D :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:04 am

A swap is one of the hardest deal to be brokered as even if the clubs agree to swap the players, there is a matter of the agreement to sign the actual contract between the new club and the player. It seems unlikely to happer as surely Owen would not want to go to a struggling club like Atletico Madrid and that particular club would be difficult for any coach to work in a steady environment as they sack their coaches for fun, therefore any chance of immediate success prospect to tempt Owen would only happen if Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Deportivo la Coruna all have a very bad season at the same time.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:32 am

Owen is about to pen an extension to his contract with us, forget Madrid.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:27 pm

C`mon guys get real! owen is going nowhere he will sign a 2yr extention to his contract early next wk.  :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Owen for Athletico Madrid he would surely be crazy to turn down such a tempting proposal ( El Loco ) to play for such an illustrious super club ,well steeped in successs  :D :D :D

C'mon fella's its Sarcasm! Supersub was on to it straight away   :D  :D  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HistoryGirl » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:33 pm

i read it and thought what the bloody hell? Torres didn't do anything for Spain in Euro Finals.. i haven't seen much of him, but doesn't seem that good to be honest.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:47 am

good player, has scored consistently for Atletico for the last 2 seasons (12 league goals in 02/03 and 19 in 03/04)

can't see this deal going ahead, pure speculation.
The credibility of the rumour is poor, if Owen was considering leaving LFC for more success, why would he go to Atletico Madrid?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:31 pm

Torres is a fantastic player, a better prospect at 20 than Owen was. He'll be the new Shevchenko.

I disagree that he did nothing for Spain in Euro 2004. They started him only against Portugal and he played well in that match.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:04 am

:D
116-1065305004

Postby begintoend » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:24 am

Torres is a very good player. Just like how Gerard had helped LFC to claw her 4th position, Torres has helped A.Madrid survived the Liga.

I think a swap would be too much of a fantasy for them. Owen will have to command a fee to go. A.Madrid will not be able to meet his wage demands.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:32 am

Also Owen will not be able to command a high exchange value right now based on his performances for England in Euro 2004.

I just hope that he will not be as lumbering and predictable in the forthcoming Premiership season such that the opposing defenders will easily snuff him out of the play every time.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion