Dalglish Threatened With Sack By Owners

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:38 am

Dalglish has been told that if he fails to get the three points against Newcastle today he'll be facing the sack. Henry has been quoted in the Washington Post - http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/henry_sack_dalglish - and the Boston Globe - http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/henry_sack_dalglish_even_more - as saying that the thought of the team we bought Carroll and Enrique off beating us allowing the bitters to stay above us in the league is unacceptable and the manager will be required to fall on his sword. They will ask Carra to take over as player manager until the end of the season when Steve Bruce will be approached for the permanent position. Apparently he'll be offered an 80 million pound warchest to tempt him into the job.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:48 am

Skysports online are saying he will be moved back upstairs to be the director of football.
They also say the owners are looking for a younger man and AVB is top of the list of potential managers
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:09 am

This has got to be bollox.

1) andy g started the thread.
2) neither links work.
3) Steve Bruce  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:48 am

Steve Bruce  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:57 am

its April 1 :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:58 am

Never thought of that - typical andy, didn't think a serious post was his thing.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Let's hope things don't end up the way they did at White Hart Lane or it might not be a joke.
friendlyguy33

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:04 pm

You may joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kenny was removed in the summer. It will be ashame if it happens, but given our form over the last few months, few can have any complaints if this was to happen. I also hope that FSG will see sense and give Damien Comolli the boot as well. His little black book has been nothing but a curse on Spurs and us.
Boxscarf

Postby andy_g » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:11 pm

oh shít. i've been prophetic by mistake again.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:04 pm wrote:You may joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kenny was removed in the summer. It will be ashame if it happens, but given our form over the last few months, few can have any complaints if this was to happen. I also hope that FSG will see sense and give Damien Comolli the boot as well. His little black book has been nothing but a curse on Spurs and us.

Can you explain why it would be a shame, what is this obsession with supporting mediocrity?
heimdall

Postby Greavesie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:55 pm

heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:51 pm wrote:
Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:04 pm wrote:You may joke, but it wouldn't surprise me if Kenny was removed in the summer. It will be ashame if it happens, but given our form over the last few months, few can have any complaints if this was to happen. I also hope that FSG will see sense and give Damien Comolli the boot as well. His little black book has been nothing but a curse on Spurs and us.

Can you explain why it would be a shame, what is this obsession with supporting mediocrity?

course it would be a shame Heimdall, you have to be stupid to not know why. Look at the connection he has with Liverpool FC and everything he has done for us. To absolutely disregard that I think is astonishing and symbolises everything that's wrong with modern day football fans. I'm not saying whether he should or shouldn't go but it has to be done in the right manner, Kenny is and always will be revered by Liverpool fans, I'd like to think if he was to go it would be amiciable and respectful, from all parties
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Greavesie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:55 pm wrote:
heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:51 pm wrote:

course it would be a shame Heimdall, you have to be stupid to not know why. Look at the connection he has with Liverpool FC and everything he has done for us. To absolutely disregard that I think is astonishing and symbolises everything that's wrong with modern day football fans. I'm not saying whether he should or shouldn't go but it has to be done in the right manner, Kenny is and always will be revered by Liverpool fans, I'd like to think if he was to go it would be amiciable and respectful, from all parties

Ok I agree with that, looking at the situation through rose tinted sentimental glasses it's a shame but if something doesn't work it has to be changed, there is no room for sentimentality. Incidentally whatever happens I will still hold Kenny in very high regard for all he's given the club but he is not the one to take us forwards.
heimdall

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:00 pm

This is percisely why people like Heimdall will never be supporters of this club, they just don't understand the club. He could attend every single home and away match next season and he'd still never be a supporter of this club. I've never met anyone as clueless as him. I remember lurking on the old forum reading his constant slating of Rafa, fast forward three or four years and he wants Rafa back in charge. A utterly clueless individual by all accounts.
Boxscarf

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:00 pm wrote:

This is percisely why people like Heimdall will never be supporters of this club, they just don't understand the club. He could attend every single home and away match next season and he'd still never be a supporter of this club. I've never met anyone as clueless as him. I remember lurking on the old forum reading his constant slating of Rafa, fast forward three or four years and he wants Rafa back in charge. A utterly clueless individual by all accounts.

clueless in what way, I have to confess that supporting something that's not working is alien to me, is that what you mean? or is the ability to admit a mistake and change one's mind which is not the Liverpool way?
heimdall

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:10 pm

heimdall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:06 pm wrote:
clueless in what way, I have to confess that supporting something that's not working is alien to me, is that what you mean? or is the ability to admit a mistake and change one's mind which is not the Liverpool way?

Every manager we've had, you haven't liked. You didn't like Rafa, in fact it often sounded as though you hated Rafa more than any Everton or Manchester United supporter did. You didn't like Hodgson and you don't like Kenny. I bet if Mourinho was here or Guus Hiddink, you'd slate them to the hilt as well. It appears you want to see this club win trophies, you just aren't prepared to do your bit and support the club, the players and the manager.
Boxscarf

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion