Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Which owners?

NESV
88%
Peter Lim
12%

Total votes : 42

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:17 am

For this poll, it is taken as a given that hicks and Gillet are out. So the question is :

Out of the two bidders, who would YOU prefer?

NESV Vs Peter Lim

Now both have said positive things to the press about taking LFC forward, BUT we all know that talk is cheap and actions speak louder then words. However at this moment in time all we have is words….

NESV

NESV is a 17-member consortium headed by John Henry, a former futures trader with an estimated wealth of $600m. Television producer Tom Werner and the New York Times Company also own shares. In 2002 they bought the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Park, and also own the New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Roush Fenway Racing.

NESV would not elaborate on the source of their funds but sources close to the deal said that they would raise £200m to pay off RBS with cash raised by the 17 members of the consortium.

By wiping the acquisition debt and injecting equity into Liverpool’s balance sheet, they should free up much of the club’s revenue to be reinvested into the team. There will be no lavish spending spree, but Liverpool should be competitive in the transfer market again.

Sources indicate that money for the stadium / redevelop Anfield will most likely be borrowed against the club

Peter Lim

A self-made man worth $1.5bn

Reports have claimed that Lim, like NESV, is offering to repay all of £200m of long-term debt, to take on £60m of other debt and to inject £40m of working capital. He has also claimed that this capital would come from his own fortune, rather than through borrowing.

Dan Roan is saying sources close to Lim guarantee there will be NO debt at any level within LFC even allowing for a new stadium

Summary

So neither is a real sugerdaddy like Chelsea or Arsenal have, but the main differences we can see at this stage is that Lim has more disposable cash and is willing to plow a lot of cash into LFC including a new stadium and keep the debt off the club.

NESV will not put any acquisition debt on the club, which (like Lim) allows all revenue to be reinvested, however reports indicate that any money for a new stadium and also large player purchases in the future may be with borrowed money.

NESV do have a background in sports, and building stadiums etc where as Peter Lim’s only connection to football is his Man Utd themed bars, but similar to the 2007 takeover, previous sports ownership does not necessarily translate, and also the utd sports bars are simply there as a money making venture. Chances are if Lim did end up buying us, it’d be in his interest to own LFC bars, which he may convert his utd bars to LFC ones, or he'd buy new bars for LFC themed bars – but who knows. 

So who would you chose based on the information we have available to us?
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:18 am

The one who knows about football and didnt make there money from Manure themed pubs for me.... NESV all the way
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:28 am

NESV.  They've clearly done a good job with the Red Sox.  Some Red Sox fans came on here to tell us how good they are.

The other guy seems a bit dodgy... coming out of nowhere on the eve of the court case and owning Utd bars.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:32 am

NESV for me just based on the redsox fans jumping on here to rave about them.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:33 am

Be taken over by a Man Utd fan? wow we really would be scrapping it.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:33 am

dawson99 wrote:The one who knows about football and didnt make there money from Manure themed pubs for me.... NESV all the way

:nod

Although I'm skeptical, but I don't think Lim is the right guy to be honest, looks like he is in for the money more than the football club.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:35 am

I also would prefer NESV.

But for the record he didn't come out of nowhere, he was the other bid in the two bids that Broughton mentioned when the NESV story broke last week. It appears Peter Lim was informed that his bid was declined by text, and he wasn't given a chance to make another offer, which according to reports he wants to.  - The owning of Manure bars, yeah - thats low, but hey for him it was just a money making venutre in the far east.  tariqpanja from twiiter said "In the unliklihood that Peter Lim does end up LFC owner, he'll give up rights to MUFC cafes/concessions when contract expires in 2 years".

That said I do prefer NESV, just hope that when the time comes to either redevelop Anfield or build a new stadium that not all the money will be borrow against the club
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:51 am

For me whichever brings long term stability and at moment NESV look the best bet even if their offer is less.

Lim offer come far too late in the proceedings and even if he is a geniune buyer, he hasnt done any favours politically by coming in  at this stage and giving Mr Hicks ammo
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Lee J wrote:NESV for me just based on the redsox fans jumping on here to rave about them.

Im sure we had Rangers and cowboys fans on here saying similar things a few years ago.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:04 pm

I'd prefer Lim, seems to have more capital to invest. And the fact that he has been fleasing Manure fans through his pubs/bars is just a bonus.
worcester_red

Postby burjennio » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Think I'll go with the Americans with their track record of Sporting success without running up huge debts in the process, not some fly by night manc in sheeps clothing.
burjennio

Postby Greavesie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 pm

I still think there'll be more people coming in with offers. For now, the Red Sox guy tho
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:31 pm

The Americans for me. The mere fact that Hicks and Gillette are trying to stop it and claiming it "might not be the best deal for the club" tells me all I need to know. The fact they are paying less so those two c...s get royally fecked over is merely a bonus.

This Lim character giving it the old "you'll have 40 million quid to spend" is b0ll0cks anyway. Nobody with a clue would pledge that and know the prices will go through the roof. No, I like this NESV lot. They kept their gobs shut while they were in the mix, and they're keeping their gobs shut now. We need a bit more of that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm

I don't want to pick any of the options I'm too hurt off this breakdown in ownership to trust any of them yet, Sounds like I have split from a longterm girlfriend or something lol

:D
roberto green

Postby lakes10 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:40 pm

ok this is a bit of a down beat thread..why?
well as i understand it we have picked the buyer and now have a contract with them, the only way to change the buyer is if Hicks wins the court case.

so as i dont wish Hicks to win anything then i  will say NESV

but if it ends up as open bidding agin then its got to be the person that going to put his own money into the club and not a company money man.....in that case it must be Lim

oh and his offer did not come too late, he was not told they were taking the other offter untill it was too late to put a new one in.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion