Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Which owners?

NESV
88%
Peter Lim
12%

Total votes : 42

Postby zarababe » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Broughton has been charged with finding the most sustainable form of ownership - not the largest bidder - that is CLEAR !

So I trust in the work that has been done between the board and the RBS.. quite frankly they (RBS) have done all they can to forgo monies (debt) that was acruing, to help Liverpool .. it is  a disgrace the Hicks has dragged the whole scenaio, given the financial predicament the club has been plunged in to already - Gillette out of the equation because of defaulting and Hicks no-where near repaying the loan - DISGRACE

Bring on NESV - I believe RBS and Broughton have done us proud... GET IN THERE !
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

It won't matter if Lim puts in a £100m extra in cash - the deciding factor is the knowledge to run a successful sports concern. NESV's experience far outweights that sort of a figure in terms of long-term potential for Liverpool.

On a personal note, no thanks to an individual that owns Man U themed bars and doesn't understand the concept of rivalry between the clubs. Has he stated that he will sell all of those concerns to preserve the tradition of LFC?

Given the last offers standing, MB and co have done right by the club.

I have no clue what will happen and can only hope for a brighter future with whoever comes onboard, hopefully far far brighter than the last 3 years :(
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 pm

dawson99 wrote:The one who knows about football and didnt make there money from Manure themed pubs for me.... NESV all the way

agree with dawson here.
stay with the sports people who know sports i reckon rather than a manure lover.

i bet the glazers are cracking up it been highly publicised that he's made a killing with his unofficial cafes. :rasp .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:37 pm

zarababe wrote:Bring on NESV - I believe RBS and Broughton have done us proud... GET IN THERE !

I agree with you again here Zara. Broughton and Purslow have taken huge amounts of stick on here, but I actually think they've done an excellent job.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Have to wait and see his actions match words - seem to many words from players , owners and manager not backed up with action . If NEVS can back up their words with actions then they can be good for us . Not going to jump for joy just yet .
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:49 pm

I think lim is a plant by the vermin
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:08 pm

:p  Im thinking its a toss between "The krankies" and the "chuckle brothers"  who have to find 300m to buy the club, to pay off RBS lol

maybe then the wizard from coo coo land can pay off the debt, and the magic fairy over the rainbow can find 300m for a new stadium in an economic meltdown.

and then we can wait for the wicked witch of West Derby, to come in and scare the new owners off in a witchhunt because  the 100k players on the pitch can't find thier feet and play like they are paid to (regardless what happens in the boardroom ((which is none of their business either!!))the owners dont always have bottomless pockets.

Ian Rush said, they players should just do the business on the pitch, of what is happening off the pitch. it has nothing to do with them.
Tut tut
Joeblackisachimp

Postby killerp » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 am

Is it a good idea for the future owner(John Henry) of Liverpool to have competing sporting franchises for the available investment funds.

Why has John suddenly developed a hard on for Liverpool? what are his motivations apart from making more money? running a top flight european club is very expensive business not like baseball.
killerp

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 am

Let's not pretend ... both are not good enough ... but it's better than nothing ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Raoul » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 am

killerp wrote:Is it a good idea for the future owner(John Henry) of Liverpool to have competing sporting franchises for the available investment funds.

Why has John suddenly developed a hard on for Liverpool? what are his motivations apart from making more money? running a top flight european club is very expensive business not like baseball.

For a lot of reasons NESV appear to be the better owners - experience running other teams, track record, etc. However, I think one of the important things in owning a team has to be passion, either for the team or the sport. I can't see that they have either. So why are they doing this? Because they think they'll get a profit at the end of the day. That isn't necessarily a bad thing (H&G's mgmt style hasn't made them rich, and I don't think you get profit from sports without investment and a longterm focus, and I'm sure NESV know that), but as a fan, I'd prefer the owners of MY club to care about the club more than the balance sheet.

I don't know anything about Lim, but I have a sense that someone like him or the Kenny Huang's of the world have more than a passing interest in the game and the club. Given Liverpool's profile in Asia I'm very comfortable with the idea of an Asian owner. More so than with an American one.

Still, I'm sure Broughton and co have been working very hard to get this one exactly right - I've never bought into the idea that because he is a Chelsea fan his professionalism would go out the window. No doubt it has been a difficult choice, and I'm in no position to second guess them.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:31 am

can the posters who clicked on Peter Lim please justify their decision?

i remember some posters here bitterly complaining about how Broughton is a Chelsea fan so does the fact that he has a love affair with our rival not bother you?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thewaykokid » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:48 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:can the posters who clicked on Peter Lim please justify their decision?

i remember some posters here bitterly complaining about how Broughton is a Chelsea fan so does the fact that he has a love affair with our rival not bother you?

:nod

Think Lim is just using us as a stepping stone into the league rather than actually having any ambition about the club.
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby ihatemanyoo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:49 am

Hi guys,

Here's an article on Yahoo with more details about Peter Lim.
http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2010....verpool

I'm not comfortable with the thought of an Manyoo fan taking over. But if that doesn't equate to us having another owner who has to kowtow to a wobbly financial institution for a loan, I'd welcome him with what some would call "cautious optimism".

I'm from Singapore. My colleague, who is a Liverpool fan from Portsmouth, is praying that we don't follow the path of his hometown club.
Last edited by ihatemanyoo on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ihatemanyoo

Postby Octsky » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:19 am

if the bugger peter lim bought LFC, we are freaking dead.
this guy is a man u fan, it will be the utimate dream come true for a mancs fan to control
LFC.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion