Cisse's got the heskey disease! - .....not impressing so far.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kindaconfuzed » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:41 pm

It seems we have loyalists, dreamers and realists in the forum. Any mention of criticism of anything is met with abuse rather than as a topic than as a concern.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:51 pm

kindaconfuzed wrote:It seems we have loyalists, dreamers and realists in the forum. Any mention of criticism of anything is met with abuse rather than as a topic than as a concern.

we also seem to have a few who seem more interested in gaining attention seeking through outlandish claims rather then making any serious negative points about the club or the team
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:07 pm

Kinda, Good point, I don't see too many members trying to make a reasoned argument either for or against most topic's. A lot of topics descend into personal abuse within 5 or 6 posts or at best lose the thread due to 'amusing diversions' of which this post is a good example.
So to return to the topic :
On current evidence I do not see a World Class striker emerging from either Baros or Cisse, I can see Cisse playing alongside one in a supporting role and being very succesful, but I will not be surprised to see Beni' break the 'piggy bank' to obtain a top front man before this time next year.
:blues:  :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:17 pm

Cisse needs time, pure and simple.

If he's still here in 2 or 3 years time earning fat wages and only managing 11 or 12 goals a season then we'll all have every right to slate him but for the mean time he deserves a break.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:47 pm

Granny, I am not sure I was slating the man.
My own personal view is that good as he is, I do not believe from what I have seen of Cisse, that he has what it takes to lead the line. I do not see the presence of Shearer or the power and directness displayed by Collymore. What I see is a very fast player with good reactions who is well capable of supporting the main man, which in iself is a useful role.
As for allowing the man a break, surely we are all entitled to air and exchange our opinions on the teams prospects or otherwise. One of the problems with this discussion board is that it descends too quickly into entrenched views and abuse before fully exploring the topic. :blues:  :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:13 pm

Has this forum gone fu*kin mad or wot, cisses played 5 games and already he has his critics, the one game he didnt start we lost, give him a break for christ sake, strikers find it tougher settlin in the prem than anyone else, henry came here as an a flop, reyes scored a og after two games and the media slaughtered him and wenger, mutu came as a superstar from italy and foreign player of the year and struggled, crespo came as a proven goal scorer and left after a year the list is endless, theres enough pressure on ciise with his price tag and having to replace Owen, the last thing he needs is supporters critising him and gettin on his back b4 he has even settled in. So Wednesday night everyone get right behind the fella and i know hes gonna score to prove any doubters (and i know theres not many) wrong.

Also Laza, spot on mate there is to many people wantin to say somethin outrageous on the forum to gain attention.
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:24 pm

Bruno Zidane! wrote:Also Laza, spot on mate there is to many people wantin to say somethin outrageous on the forum to gain attention.

Now that's an outrageous statement.

The beauty of a discussion forum is the different views posted and how one persons view can distorted by someone with a different view.We all see the same game but we see it differently.It's like I see,you see,everyone else can't see.!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:30 pm

That was out of frustration more than anythin but my point was mainly aimed at Hustler who always starts a thread which he wants to erupt into a war which is what hes doin....To right a striker off after 5 games is outrageous, idont care who he is, i remember Camara got wrote off b4 he had even signed (inc me) and i have no doubt 90% of LFC fans ended up eating there words as he was one of are players of the year.
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:41 pm

Redrider wrote:My own personal view is that good as he is, I do not believe from what I have seen of Cisse, that he has what it takes to lead the line. I do not see the presence of Shearer or the power and directness displayed by Collymore.

Maybe Rafa has no intention of playing with an Alan Shearer style big strong lad to lead the line. I think we get a little over obsessed with the idea you need a big strong lad to hold it up to be successful in this country. Just look at the Skum in their pomp. Cole and Yorke were hardly the biggest or the strongest but they were lethal because of what went on around them. Thye same could be said of Arsenal.

I don't know how anyone could have formed a definitive opinion of Cisse after so few games. I doubt the manager has and he has seen the lad up close for the last 6 weeks. Granted, Cisse is a raw talent but with the right coaching i think he could become a cracking player. Again to use Andy Cole, when he got to United, all he could really do was sit on the last defender's shoulder, run on to through balls an put them in the net. Two years at United with the right coaching and a different system and he could do everything - Hold it up allday, link-up and head the ball.

Cisse needs time. I hope he gets it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfuzed » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:21 pm

I don't understand why we can't discuss topics like this as soon as we have an opinion, if you don't agree fine say so without abuse.

Also you don't always have to be right, the fun of expressing an opinion is to understand how others perceive situations and hopefully out of the debate new issues come up and others get solved (in some of our minds anyway).

After all if we all knew what we were talking about we would be managers and not writing on the forum but then maybe the players come in here secretly to slag off each other, there's a  thought!

Maybe I'm Cisse and Bruno is Raf in which we aint gonna win anything.

Anytwat thats enuff bullsh*t for now I think.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby 72-1090627431 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:27 pm

Come on! theres been some gay posts on this thread, really GAY! by gay people. the same gay people as before, who know less than me.
nice to see the old enemies, stu the red, st michael, leonmc, and john barnes granny, thowing the same little insults.."he knows nothing the pr*ck" blaady blah! but if you read carefully you will find i do make valid points amidst the cloud!

ie; i said Houliier was hopeless.........Sacked!
    i said Heskey was hopeless..........Sold!
    i said Murphy was F***ing Hopeless....Sold!

so am i wrong then, clueless?

all im saying is, ive not been impressed watching him for 90 minutes Versus, City,AK Gratz and WBA. Im going to Monaco match tommorow, if he has a stinker...im gonna flood the forum with my tirade!! hee hee.

Listen, dont give the guy excuses, garcia has only played 2 games and you can see the immediate impact, the touch on the ball, the control, the vision etc etc. he has class!

its not as if he's never kicked a ball before. ok give him until christmas, but if he hasnt improved a great deal, Rafa will flog him by the end of the season. after all, a Houllier signing.

why is the french league so different then? its not that much different,ours is a little bit quicker, but the rules are the same and the tackles fly in the same way! stop making excuses! its not as if he has to wear his left boot on his right foot and vice versa to play in this league?

i hate that excuse.
72-1090627431

Postby 72-1090627431 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:29 pm

Bruno Zidane! wrote:That was out of frustration more than anythin but my point was mainly aimed at Hustler who always starts a thread which he wants to erupt into a war which is what hes doin....To right a striker off after 5 games is outrageous, idont care who he is, i remember Camara got wrote off b4 he had even signed (inc me) and i have no doubt 90% of LFC fans ended up eating there words as he was one of are players of the year.

and where is camara now?

serving fish and chips, in his local shop
72-1090627431

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:39 pm

Hustler are you trying to liven up the forum tonight?
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:47 pm

You make me laugh.
115-1073096938

Postby 72-1090627431 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:55 pm

guess whos back, tell a freind!

Stu, what are you doing with 1632 posts without being banned for 1599 of them?

shocker!
72-1090627431

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion