Cisse.........is he another heskey? - He plays the same way as old emile.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:51 pm

*R*E*D*S* wrote:am i the only one who thought heskey was a good player and enjoyed his time at liverpool.

Er probably yes I would have thought. Having said that, there's hundreds of thousands of Liverpool fans so the "only" one is possibly a bit unlikely but you are certainly the only one I have ever conversed with.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:56 pm

cool.... i like watching the treble winners dvd. he scored some good goals that season!
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby Luis Garcia » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:14 pm

A.B. wrote:
Cisse Finishes like Heskey.

My view wasnt based on just two games, but all of the european games and freindlies both this season and last he has played in.

If Cisse is playing  versus Sofia tommorow night, which he should cause no Baros or Crouch, lets see how many he hits into the stands shall we? I'll count them cause im in row 7. Ill probably catch the f*cking ball several times!!  :D

St Michael, Baros -top scorer in Euro 2004, for your records! Better than Owen, Rooney, Van Horseface , Henry, etc

Thats on the International level. Baros wasn't even in the top ten Premiership strikers last season. Midfielders scored more goals than he did.

its down to supply from midfield. If Baros was playing in Chelseas team he'd score 40 a season.
Luis Garcia

Postby stoney » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:16 pm

luis garcia your absolutely mental
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:53 pm

Luis Garcia wrote:St Michael, Baros -top scorer in Euro 2004, for your records! Better than Owen, Rooney, Van Horseface , Henry, etc

yeah and diego forlan was the european golden boot winner last season, better than van horseface, owen, rooney and henry, so on your premise lets sign diego forlan. ???
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:54 pm

ts down to supply from midfield. If Baros was playing in Chelseas team he'd score 40 a season.

Where were you when Baros missed clear goal chances every other game? The game to comes to mind in where Baros missed at least 4 chances to score was against Everton at home.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby rash » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:20 pm

cisse is great.  if we lose him to another team we'll be kicking ourselves.
rash

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:47 am

I'd rather kick "hustler"(L.Garcia). You really are a sad little t*atty Man U fan, aren't you hussy? To suggest that the chances Milan was getting has anything to do with his total lack of finishing ability is pathetic. How did he miss a chance, if it hadn't been created for him you penis?
Most of Baros' misses were when clean through, and he didn't have the ability to chip the ball over/take it around the keeper.
Cisse has come back from a horror injury ahead of schedule, and has more passion for LFC, and more striking ability in his left knacker, than Milan Baros' entire <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=90&k=family%20history" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: family history'; self.ql_skeyphrase='family%20history'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='family%20history'; window.status='Search for: family history';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">family history</a> could muster.

Djibril "Lord Frodsham" Cisse. A footballer and a gentleman.
Milan "Where's <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=90&k=my%20pay" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: my pay'; self.ql_skeyphrase='my%20pay'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='my%20pay'; window.status='Search for: my pay';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">my pay</a>-rise!?!" Baros. A selfish striker.
Luis "Hustler" Garcia (NOT the player). An infestation of pubic lice on the scrotum of humanity.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:51 am

Hustler and CatsMeow sitting in a tree....... :laugh:
Last edited by mistyred on Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:57 am

God Damnit its only the beginning of the season :p

Noooooooooo Baros don't leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:22 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:God Damnit its only the beginning of the season :p

Noooooooooo Baros don't leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RifleRusher » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:19 am

forget it.. baros is gone... what do you mean cisse is another heskey? are you dumb or what? the season barely started and another person posting another topic that's absolute :censored:... you cant judge with 2 games gone.... and yet you say Baros should stay... with the number of goals last season... with the number of chances he's missed... seriously... you're comparing them at the wrong time... cisse hasnt been given enough games... give him time and get some evidence before you make another of your stupid statements
RifleRusher

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:23 am

i have noticed with cisse that he can definately run (never in doubt), however his choice of timing to shoot leaves alot to be desired at times. he used his foot V sunderland when he shouldve used his head, and his snap shots lack direction. His passion to score is obviously there, but it doesnt match up with his current state of shooting ability. In france he could score screamer and net busters, but has shown none of it yet, regardless of it being early in the season.

cisse has been involved in pre-season and cl qualifiers so there really is no excuse for his poor finishing at the moment. However, i feel he will come good, but he has to start to show it now, and not, say in, 10-12 more games etc
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:29 am

CLEAR OFF
£6M Baros sold to make way for Owen Cisse is warned: You may be next for Anfield axe
By David Maddock

DJIBRIL CISSE is facing the axe at Liverpool as manager Rafael Benitez clears the decks for the return of Michael Owen from Real Madrid.

After agreeing a £6.5million fee with Aston Villa for the sale of Milan Baros, Benitez hinted strongly yesterday that striker Cisse has two games in the next four days to prove he has a future at Liverpool.

Benitez pulled no punches as he admitted he will speak to chief executive Rick Parry should any formal offers emerge for the French international. And it is clear that if Cisse can be eased out of Anfield, then it will allow a seamless return to Merseyside for Owen.

Liverpool tried to play down the negotiations taking place with Madrid over a deal for the England international who moved to the Bernabeu for £8m a year ago.

Owen, who has been named in Real's squad to play against the American Major League Soccer All-Star XI tonight, has had a £15m price tag placed on him by the Spanish giants. That demand has been met with gales of laughter on Merseyside. Liverpool still want to take the player on a loan deal but would consider a transfer if the fee was reduced to £8million or less.

Benitez yesterday agreed a deal with Villa for the sale of Baros who will complete the move within the next 24 hours after undergoing a medical.

Liverpool will use that money to bring in at least one central defender and a right-sided midfielder. But it is Owen who is commanding much of his attention.

Cisse has been unhappy with the speculation over his future but his manager was not in the mood to appease him as he prepares for the second leg of Liverpool's Champions League qualifying tie with CSKA Sofia.

Instead, he hinted that much depends on tonight's game and Friday's Super Cup final with CSKA Moscow.

The Kop boss said: "He has spoken to me about the speculation and said he is worried about what is being said. I told him he should not listen to it because we have important games."

Marseille are ready to ask for the striker on loan but Benitez would prefer a transfer fee.

He added: "I have not heard of any formal offers but if there is interest from other clubs I will have to speak to Rick Parry to see what we will do."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:28 pm

You know, Heskey wasn't that bad... No - hear me out.  I know the end of his Liverpool career was embarrasing, and in my view that was down to confidence.  For 18 months Emile wasn't fit to grace the conference, and its the recent memories that stick in our minds - so anybody who has the Treble DVD or video, stick it on.  Watch the September - January peroid.  Heskey scoring from all angles, getting a hattrick at Derby, some of his shots are like guided missiles - he's shrugging off challanges and looks every inch an 8 (is that how much we paid?) million pound player.

Now compare that to how Heskey played after that period.  I remember the phrase 'If Heskey can play for England; so can I.'  Ouch.  But its a good point, he was awful for a long, long time.  You have to wonder how he produced that golden period then - my view is that its all confidence driven, it affects all strikers, and nobody is denying that.  MO used to miss chances for weeks on end, then return to form with a hatrick.  But Heskey missed chances for months, 18 of them - so yes, he had to go.

But he wasn't a bad player, just as Cisse isn't.  Give him time, encouragement, and he will come good.  He's better than Heskey, so watch that golden patch again - and imagine Cisse doing that... and more.  Because it can very eaisily happen for Djibiril, he just needs to believe it.

Tom
Red Red Tom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion