Baros and cisse out, owen and heskey gone - What now? romario?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:52 pm

Gerrard was the only player worthy of a red shirt last season, owens body language the last 18months told us he didnt want to know anymore.
So in my eyes Stevie was the gem last season, and the reason Alonso came to us.
Cisse came to play along side Owen and he f@cked off :glare:
Plus rafa came thinking he had 2 of the best players in europe only to find that they both had every intention of leaving.
On the 11th hour Stevie decided to stay.
So he is a pure out and out gem. For the time being.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:52 pm

stu_the_red wrote:1-1-2-2-3-1-12--1-12-31-123-123-

****** HELL!!!!

formations are for mindless ****** who think they know there stuff.

dont' get all ****** technical or we'll start referening to the 4-4-2 as a 2-2w,2,2w2, and the 4-5-1 as a 2,2w,2,2w+1 off 1.

****** STOP BEING PEDANTIC.

4-4-2 is 4 defenders, 4 midfielders, 2 strikers which we've played EVERY GAME THIS SEASON!!!

All this 4-4-1-1 ****** is annoying.

Rant over.

A 4-4-1-1 is simply a 4-4-2 but with a second "roaming striker", so I don't know why your getting your knickers in a twist.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:07 pm

and there's nothing particularly clever or technical about it - its a convenient way of describing a player's starting position on the pitch. basic tactics. which is about my level.

i'd go for a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 and lett them run where they ***kin well like.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:54 pm

Exactly.

4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

Any 4-2-3-1-2-4-5-6-8 ****** is talking nonsense.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:36 am

stu_the_red wrote:Any 4-2-3-1-2-4-5-6-8 ****** is talking nonsense.

with 35 players in your side,this will give you a distinct advantage over and I'm sure lead to a comfortable win.Rafa will be most pleased with your suggestion,stu,but we will have to call on a few reserves to make up the numbers.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:39 am

stu_the_red wrote:1-1-2-2-3-1-12--1-12-31-123-123-

This formation has no chance of succeeding,unless it is employed on Bruce Forsyth's "Come Dancing" show with a soft shoe shuffle.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby wiped » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:40 am

andy_g wrote:i'd go for a 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 and lett them run where they ***kin well like.

:D  brilliant .....
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:10 am

Ok. So maybe we have 35 players in our squad. And maybe we can play 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 or whatever. The point is that we can not afford to lose any more games. We lost at home to Birmingham because we had no top strikers, and we will be at risk in any game we play without Baros and Cisse available. It is a nightmare for Benitez and it might destroy all our hopes of competing with the best teams in Europe and back home. If you face Barcelona in the quarter finals at Camp Nou would you expect a win with Neil Mellor up front? Right now we are stripped down to the bone, and only time will tell what creative options Benitez chooses tomorrow. Maybe the best man for the liverpool hotseat right now is david copperfield. He made the great wall of china disappear. And we need miracles right now. I think Pongolle will get the nod to play as a lone striker, and I think Gerrard will play behind him with Garcia and Riise as wingers. Ideally we should have had a bigger and stronger player instead of Sinama, but our other option Mellor lacks the physical sthrenght to capitalize on his size and he is not very useful with the ball and not particularly quick. I will accept a draw tomorrow, I hope for 3 points but I fear that Viduka and Hasseilbank will rip our defence apart.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:36 am

I hope for 3 points but I fear that Viduka and Hasseilbank will rip our defence apart.

Viduka is out of form and mostly Hasselbaink scores when Zenden and Downing are controling the midfield, that won't happen tomorrow.

You think that Benitez is going to come into this game without a good tactical plan? Benitez is going for three points and the fact that the Captain has returned is a guaranteed confidence booster. So we don't have our main strikers, but it's time for others to step up to the plate and carry the burden.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby polygemus » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:54 am

A.B. wrote:Viduka is out of form and mostly Hasselbaink scores when Zenden and Downing are controling the midfield, that won't happen tomorrow.

Good point A.B. However Boro's fullbacks are no slouches either. I expect them to join in their midfield (since they are at home). Stevie G & Co are gonna be outnumbered since Traore and Josemi are no good in linking up with the midfield. If it is Riise and Finnan on the other hand...

And big ****** Viduka seems to come on form only when playing against Liverpool lol. (still can't forget the 4 goals he scored against us)

Well we'll see......
polygemus

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:02 am

If Gerrard and Alonso control the midfield it will be a different story. Luis Garcia hopefully will get back to goal scoring days as he is a creative player. Kewell is slowly starting to progress and Riise has been scoring from the midfield. Rafa will make our midfield our main strength, we can score from midfield and with the midfield we have whoever we play up front can score as well.

Gerrard and Mellor linked up fairly nicely so Mellor will propably be the one man up front with Garcia behind him. Also Nunez will be fit for the game against Arsenal so he will give us more options as far as attacking from the midfield is concerned.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion