Barragan - Impressing at deportivo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:53 pm

Just talking with a Deportivo fan I asked him to tell me his views about Barragan and to clarify in what terms they signed up him

Pues sí, Barragán le ha quitado el puesto a Manuel Pablo. El Liverpool puede repescarlo en junio del 2008 por la mísera cantidad de 700.000 euros (algunos dicen 2 millones, no está muy claro), y me temo que lo repescarán porque el chaval promete. No se iban a desprender de un jugador con tanta proyección por las buenas.
Al menos lo disfrutaremos dos años 

Indeed (he answered to my claim of him being promissing), Barragan has taken the place of Manuel Pablo (1) in the starting eleven. Liverpool can recover him in June of 2008 for the quantity of 700K € or 2 M €, and I'm afraid they will because the lad seems to be very promissing. They wouldn't off load a player with such a future that easily.

At least we'll enjoy his game for a couple of years...

---------

That fan has showed to have a good knowledge of footie in other posts, and knows well the Deportivo context. I wasn't sure to put this on the Spanish liga thread or here, as it's a related player, and it looks that we still have the possibility of recovering him.

Sitting down Manuel Pablo, isn't an easy task. He even reached the Spanish Squad, he's a very experienced player, so getting a place in the starting eleven is quite a remarkable performance from Barragan.

Might be more mature in a couple of years...

Mods, not sure about this thread is properly placed here, please move it if you think so.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:55 pm

Its a shame he couln settle in better over here. All the best to him though. Maybe in a few years we will see him back in a red shirt.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:38 pm

We could have used him this year with Kronkamp going. Hopefully he will have matured and become a better footballer by the time we get him back. In 2 years Finnan may be getting too old, but by then I hope we have Alves so he may still have to fight for a place.
account deleted by request

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:34 am

Manuel Pablo is a very good full back (he made about 3 remarkable last ditch tackles when we played them last at Anfield) Barragan must be impressing to take such a senior players place in the team.
Tbh i thought he'd be gone for good despite the buy back clause but if he keeps improving like he has so far, he may be back in red one day.
One things for sure, first team football for a club like Depor will only help the lad. Experience is vital for a defender.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:05 am

I dont know about you.. but I think its a given that he will come back to Liverpool.

The La Coruna gig is just to improve his abilities (Deportivo supposedly have very good coaches) and make him better all around, and to get him used to playing at the very top level.

When we do get him back, I think, in 2 years or so, Agger will have himself some stiff, stiff competition for the second centre-back spot. I wouldnt be surprised, if Carragher has to make way for either Palleta or Barragan in some games.. with the way the younger defenders are improving.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:35 pm

Barragan did a great game against RS, and a great goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beK9Vt9HekQ

Great goal, but out LB left him way too much space. :angry:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:39 am

what a strike! mind you the second one werent bad. (from depors view) shades of barney rubble vs real madrid 81.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Espionage » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:53 pm

Good to hear that Rafa's scouting system seems to be paying dividends.........

Great goal!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:29 pm

Oh! What about Kovacevis teeth?..He looks more frightening than vampires. Oh God...

BTW what kind of a LB have you Sabre  :no :help (Both the goals are amazing)
Last edited by IstanBuL-FenerBaHce on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion