CHRISTIAN POULSEN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 pm

Reg wrote:
Kukilon wrote:You can't fault a player not wanting to give up his contract. Its another thing if another club is interested and we foot some of his wages and he still turns it down though.

Exactly, the club didnt force those conditions on him did they?

No you cant fault him for signing the contarct in the first place when he thought he had a chance of making it here.
I would of gt as much money as i could, i think anyone would.

Of course you can fault him for sitting on his :censored:, not contributing in anyway, staying somewhere hes not wanted, halting the progress of club and putting money ahead of his career.

I persume playing football  is his main reason for being a footballer.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:39 pm

maguskwt wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:I just realized you said just a 1000 pounds :D probally should of keep reading after the first line.

Same answer applys though. Im like most people struggling to get by, total different situation.

Mate... while we are scrapping by we often think these footballers have it so easy and that if we are in their shoes we would be so grateful and have so much integrity like we are saints. In reality, it is very easy for people to be in the same situation as poulsen and say "hey! It's extra 20 grand a week! I've worked so hard in my younger days I think I've earned it. Besides it will go to my retirement fund and the more money I have for my kids education and family, the better!"

I don't blame poulsen for accepting the contract he was given, I blame him for not trying hard to earn it. As for his contract it's those who offered him that's to blame.

Come on mate show me some respect, your telling me how i would do things and you dont even know me. You have made it pretty clear that you would take the money and although i dont agree with it im not trying to tell you you'd do things differently to what your saying im not that arogant.

Regardless of the fact ive never been in his shoes i know 100% that i would rather play first team football picking up 10'000 a week then sit on any bench even at the end of my career picking up 100'000. I cant see the argument of Poulsen thinking about his pension im sure hes got a few million in the bank and even if he dropped he wages to 10'000 a week im pretty sure hed get by after he retires (maybe his poor kids might only be left with a couple of million each as apposed to 20 million).

Cant understand him thinking that hes earned the right because of all the hard work his put in to his career (if he has a shred of humility). Hard Work.........seriuosly? he plays football for a living and gets paid more then most people do in 5 years in a week. I play every week and consider it the highlight of my week, most weeks and i dont get a dime for it. Its a privelage to have a professional footballers life, hard work is something they will never know.

Footballers do have it easy anyone who suggests they dont are insane.

Jovanovics has proved that integrity has nothing to do with how much money you earn. You either have it or dont.

Mate you got me wrong... I'm not talking about you nor me... I'm talking about some people in general...

No mate i talked about what i would do and why i disagreed with what he was doing and you basically tried to convince7/tell me id do the opposite of what i was saying.

Also your views on the matter pretty much told me that you would do the same as Poulsen. It was about you and me.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:37 am

PabloMedina28 wrote:No mate i talked about what i would do and why i disagreed with what he was doing and you basically tried to convince7/tell me id do the opposite of what i was saying.

Also your views on the matter pretty much told me that you would do the same as Poulsen. It was about you and me.

:laugh:  whatever mate... if you say you will never do as Poulsen does then it's fine by me... but don't tell me I try to "convince/tell you to do the opposite of what you were saying"... One thing I don't do is tell people how to live their lives...I was merely trying to let you see the other side of the story. Maybe my little allegorical story probably gave an impression that I was telling you what to do ... From the start of this discussion, this was NEVER about you and me for me. Like you said we don't know each other. It was ALL about Poulsen.

And by saying "Also your views on the matter pretty much told me that you would do the same as Poulsen" I'm afraid that you're being judgemental here... the difference between you and me is that I can understand why Poulsen does what he does and you can't. And this doesn't make me the same person as Poulsen. And also I'm afraid it means that you're being too opinionated and as a result narrow minded. I am a christian and you know what's wrong with christians Today? They are being too opinionated and narrow-minded (Again this is not about you and me). Instead of focussing on the essence of what Jesus taught, they focus on "us christians" and "them whatever other religion". Jesus' message was about love, tolerance and humility, "love thy neighbour", "blessed are the meek" and all. That's all gone out the window these days. That is the difference between religion and spirituality. Apologies for going off-trail a bit but I've said what I wanted and won't continue anymore...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:48 pm

"Christian Poulsen's agent claims the Danish midfielder will NOT be leaving Liverpool to join FC Copenhagen.

Poulsen has played just six games under Kenny Dalglish, and his first-team opportunities will be even thinner on the ground next season after the signings of Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson.

Copenhagen would love to bring him home and have been linked with a £2.5million bid .

But agent Jorn Bonnesen says the 31-year-old - who has two years left on the contract he signed when arriving from Juventus last summer - is staying at Anfield."

:angry: Does anyone know where this kunt lives?
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:05 pm

Just doesn't make sense for him to stay... Gerrard, Adam, Henderson, Lucas, Meireles, Aqua, Shelvey, Spearing and even Coady are probably ahead of him in the pecking order.  He must have a good salary
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Ya I don't know how he justifies staying other than for money.  He can't possibly rank himself ahead of Gerrard Meireles adam Aqua or Lucas, and he's not going to get better- he's old.  Clearly he's realized that this is it for him and he just wants to sit on the bench, make as much cash as possible and then retire with enough to sit on his cash for the rest of his life.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm

It depends really what his motivation for staying is... if it is the cash option then he is a loser. If he really does intend to stay and fight for his place out of principle then you have to respect that..... To be honest he has done nothing since coming here but did have succesful spells at other clubs. Maybe there is more to see? I doubt it though!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:55 pm

It's sad to see a once such a great player just wanting to sit on the bench collecting his pay check. Had lots of respect for him once upon a time.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Kukilon wrote:It's sad to see a once such a great player just wanting to sit on the bench collecting his pay check. Had lots of respect for him once upon a time.

Great Player ?! Really ? He has been a decent ish player in the past but never great
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:50 pm

he's 31 and can't say i blame him for not wanting to take a 50% pay cut and move back to Denmark. We'll have to see what happens....can't we sell him back to an Italian club? He's not THAT bad
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:56 pm

He is THAT bad - he has already bombed out in Italy - Scotland would be a good choice .
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:He is THAT bad - he has already bombed out in Italy - Scotland would be a good choice .

he played 50 odd games for Juventus over 2 seasons...so i wouldn't say he bombed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:01 pm

How many of those games were as sub ? He spent most of his last season being back up to Sissoko . He is poor end of story and has proven it .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:51 pm

I dont think there can be an argument, he is poor.
Nowhere near good enough, i cant actually see anything to his game that's good to be honest.
Whether he was once a decent player i honestly dont know...or care.
He needs to go asap though, the problem is the wages.
I would honestly offer him some money and tell him to go to copenhagen - sort of a golden handshake, now feck off back to Denmark  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I dont think there can be an argument, he is poor.
Nowhere near good enough, i cant actually see anything to his game that's good to be honest.
Whether he was once a decent player i honestly dont know...or care.
He needs to go asap though, the problem is the wages.
I would honestly offer him some money and tell him to go to copenhagen - sort of a golden handshake, now feck off back to Denmark  :D

its true and as soon as he's off the books the better
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion