I think Pablo would do that... and go work for Mcdonalds :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:01 am

maguskwt wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:I hate these :censored: hasbeens who will sit on thier :censored: and take massive wages off the club. Thier like a miny cancer. Needs to get abit of humilty realize hes not good enough (i assume he hasnt realized yet) and :censored: off. All hes doing is putting a spanner in what where trying to do, what where building. Atleast Jovanovics is doing the right thing.

:no

Come on... put yourself in his shoe and tell me you will do as you have just suggested... Poulsen is not good enough... but you can't blame the player near retirement like him for accepting our offer. The blame lies in those who offered him the contract...

Well now we now what you would do mate  :D

:censored: that id rather play first team football even if i was at Liverpool. No way id sit on my :censored: and waste what little career i have plus id feel like i wasnt earning what id be getting, some people have principles abit like Jova (which is why he has my upmost respect). Its not like he loves the club or if he went to another club hed be on peanuts hed still be on atleast 30,000 a week. Poor :censored:.

Ok... let's say you walk down a street one day, and chance upon an old rich motherf*cker who on the day was feeling so generous that he gives you a thousand pounds and says " Here just take it, I'm feeling happy and generous today"... would you say "Nahhhhh, that's not me...I have integrity, I'm gonna go work for it at Mcdonalds.." ?  :shifty

Ridculious comment. 

Theres a slight difference between me scrapping by on 12 grand a year working in a W*nk factory and being offered the chance to never have to do it again and travel the world then a footballer having to sacrifice 20 grand and only get by on 30 grand a week. Poulsens been playing football for a living mate hes probally never understood what its like to do a hard days work and worry how his next bills being payed.

Theres a massive difference.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 am

I just realized you said just a 1000 pounds :D probally should of keep reading after the first line.

Same answer applys though. Im like most people struggling to get by, total different situation.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:06 am

metalhead wrote:I think Pablo would do that... and go work for Mcdonalds :D

Yeh maybe you can train me up on the fryer   :laugh:
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 30, 2011 1:57 am

PabloMedina28 wrote:I just realized you said just a 1000 pounds :D probally should of keep reading after the first line.

Same answer applys though. Im like most people struggling to get by, total different situation.

Mate... while we are scrapping by we often think these footballers have it so easy and that if we are in their shoes we would be so grateful and have so much integrity like we are saints. In reality, it is very easy for people to be in the same situation as poulsen and say "hey! It's extra 20 grand a week! I've worked so hard in my younger days I think I've earned it. Besides it will go to my retirement fund and the more money I have for my kids education and family, the better!"

I don't blame poulsen for accepting the contract he was given, I blame him for not trying hard to earn it. As for his contract it's those who offered him that's to blame.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon May 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Sorry, wrong thread!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby burjennio » Mon May 30, 2011 8:33 pm

If you want to blame someone for guys like Poulsen and Cole being on ridiculous sums of money for doing sweet F.A then blame the muppets who signed them and negotiated their respective contracts (that would be messrs Hodgson and Purslow) If Rafa has the deal in place for Jovanovic then he deserves the bullet for that brainfart.
burjennio

Postby Kukilon » Mon May 30, 2011 9:24 pm

You can't fault a player not wanting to give up his contract. Its another thing if another club is interested and we foot some of his wages and he still turns it down though.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon May 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Personally, if I were at a club I would accept what they gave me, but I would earn it too.  I don't know what's going through his mind and I can't really decide how hard he is working, but I'd work my :censored: off every second on the pitch trying to earn my spot and if I wasn't capable of that (at his age) then I'd switch clubs.  I figure if that's what they say I'm worth then thats what I'm worth, but I'll prove to them that that's what I'm worth.  If it doesn't work out than I'd expect to get paid less at the next club.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue May 31, 2011 4:00 am

maguskwt wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:I just realized you said just a 1000 pounds :D probally should of keep reading after the first line.

Mate... while we are scrapping by we often think these footballers have it so easy and that if we are in their shoes we would be so grateful and have so much integrity like we are saints. In reality, it is very easy for people to be in the same situation as poulsen and say "hey! It's extra 20 grand a week! I've worked so hard in my younger days I think I've earned it. Besides it will go to my retirement fund and the more money I have for my kids education and family, the better!"

I don't blame poulsen for accepting the contract he was given, I blame him for not trying hard to earn it. As for his contract it's those who offered him that's to blame.

Come on mate show me some respect, your telling me how i would do things and you dont even know me. You have made it pretty clear that you would take the money and although i dont agree with it im not trying to tell you you'd do things differently to what your saying im not that arogant.

Regardless of the fact ive never been in his shoes i know 100% that i would rather play first team football picking up 10'000 a week then sit on any bench even at the end of my career picking up 100'000. I cant see the argument of Poulsen thinking about his pension im sure hes got a few million in the bank and even if he dropped he wages to 10'000 a week im pretty sure hed get by after he retires (maybe his poor kids might only be left with a couple of million each as apposed to 20 million).

Cant understand him thinking that hes earned the right because of all the hard work his put in to his career (if he has a shred of humility). Hard Work.........seriuosly? he plays football for a living and gets paid more then most people do in 5 years in a week. I play every week and consider it the highlight of my week, most weeks and i dont get a dime for it. Its a privelage to have a professional footballers life, hard work is something they will never know.

Footballers do have it easy anyone who suggests they dont are insane.

Jovanovics has proved that integrity has nothing to do with how much money you earn. You either have it or dont.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 31, 2011 4:45 am

Kukilon wrote:You can't fault a player not wanting to give up his contract. Its another thing if another club is interested and we foot some of his wages and he still turns it down though.

Exactly, the club didnt force those conditions on him did they?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

Come on mate show me some respect, your telling me how i would do things and you dont even know me. You have made it pretty clear that you would take the money and although i dont agree with it im not trying to tell you you'd do things differently to what your saying im not that arogant.

Regardless of the fact ive never been in his shoes i know 100% that i would rather play first team football picking up 10'000 a week then sit on any bench even at the end of my career picking up 100'000. I cant see the argument of Poulsen thinking about his pension im sure hes got a few million in the bank and even if he dropped he wages to 10'000 a week im pretty sure hed get by after he retires (maybe his poor kids might only be left with a couple of million each as apposed to 20 million).

Cant understand him thinking that hes earned the right because of all the hard work his put in to his career (if he has a shred of humility). Hard Work.........seriuosly? he plays football for a living and gets paid more then most people do in 5 years in a week. I play every week and consider it the highlight of my week, most weeks and i dont get a dime for it. Its a privelage to have a professional footballers life, hard work is something they will never know.

Footballers do have it easy anyone who suggests they dont are insane.

Jovanovics has proved that integrity has nothing to do with how much money you earn. You either have it or dont.

Mate you got me wrong... I'm not talking about you nor me... I'm talking about some people in general...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

What are we talking about?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue May 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:What are we talking about?

how honest players are?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Many these days are driven by money - aren't we all though?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion