CHRISTIAN BENTEKE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:54 pm

To be fair to Christian the service he is getting is woeful, in fact when it comes to crossing the ball I don't think I've ever seen a worse team, some of our players are on £100,000 a week and they can't even put a decent cross in.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Yeah agree  :nod Our crossing is about as pathetic as it can get. Rarely gets past the 1st man and its even rarer that one of our players gets on the end of it. I always thought milner had a good peg on him but he's been one of the worst offenders.

If we played with enough width and pace we could easily supply Benteke if we crossed it rather than pick it up on the overlap and run into a dead end with it like we do.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:00 am

Milner is the only one who has put a decent ball on Benteke's head.

But I agree, we need wide players who can cross it. Lucas Moura please.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:32 pm

We really do need a winger whether its to feed Benteke or not.

The whole squad is too narrow and Ibe is perhaps the only suitor but is more of a running machine than a guy that trick his way past and stick a good ball in.

Finding one may be tricky as the winger is out of fashion but certainly a guy that can play wide of a 3 either side.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:05 pm

good goal against leceister, but just wondering whether his God forbidden open missed goal will affect his confidence or not.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:08 pm

good goal, but am not convinced he'll fit long term into Klopp's plans. If we could recoup our money in the January transfer window (or indeed any window) I'd be tempted to sell.

Good player, but just not a fit for us anymore.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:09 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:08 pm wrote:good goal, but am not convinced he'll fit long term into Klopp's plans. If we could recoup our money in the January transfer window (or indeed any window) I'd be tempted to sell.

Good player, but just not a fit for us anymore.

Very well summarised, cant disagree with you
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:52 pm

I'll call him from now on 3 seconds Ben ;Any action that requires him to think more then 3 seconds is destined to fail...If he acts on instincts we should be good anything else goes to end of year bloopers.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:44 am

He's missing easy chances and looks a bit of a square peg in a round hole stylistically but to be fair to him his goals have won us 6 points in our last 2 games. Without his contribution we'd be in the bottom half now, not level on points with United.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:34 pm

He's another one who needs to drastically improve/transform to be good enough for the starting 11. His movement off the ball is nonexistent more often than not. Origi is no world beater but at least he does attempt to stretch the back line and open up spaces to midfielders coming from behind. None of that from Benteke. He isnt winning as many headers as he should given his size and given how little he contributes outside his aerial challenges but his goals did win us 2 games as you mentioned.

Sturridge cant come back soon enough.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:08 pm

At Villa Benteke could get away with standing around 75 mins doing feck all...he was a lone striker and only jumped into action when the ball was hoofed his way. Sadly he's struggling to adapt at Liverpool because Klopp demands so much more from his players. Work, work work. Not stand around and wait for the ball to come your way.

I don't doubt his ability....he's quick, strong in the air and has excellent shooting. He is also superb at holding the ball up. However, as I said a few days back, I don't think he'll work out here. Given the chance, I'd recoup our money at the first opportunity.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:46 am

very disappointed with him today,
how many aerial duels did he won today?
lousy lousy performance.
i wonder if he does fit into the main plan of the manager if he continues playing like that
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:30 am

7_Kewell » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:08 pm wrote:At Villa Benteke could get away with standing around 75 mins doing feck all...he was a lone striker and only jumped into action when the ball was hoofed his way. Sadly he's struggling to adapt at Liverpool because Klopp demands so much more from his players. Work, work work. Not stand around and wait for the ball to come your way.

I don't doubt his ability....he's quick, strong in the air and has excellent shooting. He is also superb at holding the ball up. However, as I said a few days back, I don't think he'll work out here. Given the chance, I'd recoup our money at the first opportunity.

How much do you reckon we would get if his sold?? I doubt teams will pay big bucks. I think around 18 mil.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Depends on who's desperate. There were a few Chelsea rumours flying around....perhaps they'd pay us £20m+
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:42 pm

His game against West Ham would have seen him shot if his name was Mario. He was dreadful.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion