Champions league - Would it be enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:04 pm

GYBS wrote:Winning the CL can only be classed as a great successful season - the trophy is massive , prob the biggest and most important club trophy in the world .

well spotted gybs - the trophy is massive, much bigger in dimensions than both the premiership and fa cups

:p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:05 pm

Judge wrote:
GYBS wrote:Winning the CL can only be classed as a great successful season - the trophy is massive , prob the biggest and most important club trophy in the world .

well spotted gybs - the trophy is massive, much bigger in dimensions than both the premiership and fa cups

:p

:rasp
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:50 pm

League is more important for me, the reason the top teams in Europe view the CL as top priority is because they regularly win the league, we unfortunately don't.
Don't get me wrong winning the CL is a very very good feeling but I want the league more, it's been too long since the last time now.
heimdall

Postby mkingdom » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:55 pm

We need to win the league.

I would love another CL victory of course, but as a club we need the league now.

Maure are about to equal our 18 titles, and it seems, win a Quintuple....if they do, what a :censored: summer we are in for!!
mkingdom

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:06 pm

mkingdom wrote:win a Quintuple....

not if we win Big Ears  :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Because simply the phrase The most successful English club in Europe still has a ring to it ,that would have Taggart choking on his juicy fruit . :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:28 pm

supersub wrote:
mkingdom wrote:win a Quintuple....

not if we win Big Ears  :D

Oh yeh...then it will only be a quadruple.  Phew  :laugh:   :;):
mkingdom

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:20 pm

mkingdom wrote:We need to win the league.

I would love another CL victory of course, but as a club we need the league now.

Maure are about to equal our 18 titles, and it seems, win a Quintuple....if they do, what a :censored: summer we are in for!!

In my opinion there is only four trophies to win, and I think Arsenal will win the F.A cup and Liverpool the Champions League so that leaves the Mancs with a gay double .
In comparison to( "A night of glory in Rome ")good name for a dvd that .   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Lets be honest the League is what every fan wanted ,but winning the Champions League would seriously take the gloss off the Mancs impending so -called (In journalists eyes and pundits alike ) season of total domination .   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:40 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Lets be honest the League is what every fan wanted ,but winning the Champions League would seriously take the gloss off the Mancs impending so -called (In journalists eyes and pundits alike ) season of total domination .   :D

it really sticks in my throat when the pundits and papers lord it around about the all winning scum really really fecks me off they just love them so much

in a kev keegan style rant, i would luuv it if we win the champ league
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I think the question is not only how would Villa do in the CL next year (if they hold on to 4th), but how well would they do in the prem next season while playing in the CL?
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:49 pm

also if Villa were in the CL next season (and assuming they run the group stages the same) They would not be protected like most English teams are from playing the other top teams like Barca in the group stages. They might not even be protected from playing the top 2nd tier teams like Juve, Sevilla, or Villareal.
JoeTerp

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:57 pm

It was genius the way the Media depicted Liverpool as only a team capable of winning the Champions League ,when every top team in Europe would have swapped any trophy they acquired just to stand on that winners podium in Turkey .
Journalists the salt of the earth :D Seriously lets win our No.6 and listen to them rant about being under achiever's ,lets fill their column inches with Jealous snipes and spiteful asides because thats when we know Liverpool are winning things :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:25 pm

More people around the world and europe will recognise who the winners of the CL are and they are the team people will talk about - IMO
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:55 pm

GYBS wrote:More people around the world and europe will recognise who the winners of the CL are and they are the team people will talk about - IMO

Can't argue with that but what's your point, do you really care what other fans think about Liverpool because I don't.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion