Champions league - Would it be enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:20 am

Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
GYBS wrote:Teams on the continent have sacked managers for winnings leagues and failing in the CL - Barce have done it ,Madrid have done it , AC Milan have done it and going by reports it looks like Inter may well do it this season . CL is the one they all want

real Madrid sacked Del Bosque when he won the League AND the Champs League

:laugh: Unlucky GYBS mate. It does seem a bit harsh though feck me. You win the title AND the Champions League and get the sack?

He won 2 Champs Leagues with them.

That's when the Gaalctico bollox set in I think.

Top man.

Whats he up to now?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:24 am

s@int wrote:
Effes wrote:
s@int wrote:From what I vaguely remember of Del Bosque, it was more about the political set up at Madrid than his talents as a manager that ended their relationship. (He wasn't sacked, they just didn't renew his contract)

cmon statto mate  :D  - you saying after what he did, he wasn't "sacked".

You're Terry Technical - sure you're not a ticket inspector or something s@int?

Mate, if you win the League and Champs League and don't get your contract renewed - you are sacked.

Did you google that to confirm?

:D  Sorry mate, on my 2nd bottle of Rioja

:D  My point wasn't really that he wasn't sacked, but that he left because of other reasons than football ones. i.e. they didn't say "you only won the CL and the Title mate ..... your out."

I don't think he was sacked but my memories not what it once was mate so I may be wrong about that ?

OK, you may be right there - isn't Sabre an insomniac also?
He could enlighten us.

The saying of "Pop will eat itself", rings true of Real.
When they won the Champs league in 2002, they were the best, by far.

For me, the Spanish system of having Directors that dictate who they buy and sell, is fatally flawed.

Take away Real's 5 successive European Cups from 1955-59 - and they only have 4 European Cups.
The way they "stole" Di Stefano from Barca was criminal. They wouldn't have won it without him.
Last edited by Effes on Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:26 am

bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
GYBS wrote:Teams on the continent have sacked managers for winnings leagues and failing in the CL - Barce have done it ,Madrid have done it , AC Milan have done it and going by reports it looks like Inter may well do it this season . CL is the one they all want

:laugh: Unlucky GYBS mate. It does seem a bit harsh though feck me. You win the title AND the Champions League and get the sack?

Top man.

Whats he up to now?

No idea Mick, probably sipping wine in some bar boring the feck out of the locals about his harsh treatment.  :D
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 am

Effes wrote:
s@int wrote:
Effes wrote:
s@int wrote:From what I vaguely remember of Del Bosque, it was more about the political set up at Madrid than his talents as a manager that ended their relationship. (He wasn't sacked, they just didn't renew his contract)

cmon statto mate  :D  - you saying after what he did, he wasn't "sacked".

You're Terry Technical - sure you're not a ticket inspector or something s@int?

Mate, if you win the League and Champs League and don't get your contract renewed - you are sacked.

Did you google that to confirm?

:D  Sorry mate, on my 2nd bottle of Rioja

:D  My point wasn't really that he wasn't sacked, but that he left because of other reasons than football ones. i.e. they didn't say "you only won the CL and the Title mate ..... your out."

I don't think he was sacked but my memories not what it once was mate so I may be wrong about that ?

OK, you may be right there - isn't Sabre an insomniac also?
He could enlighten us.

The saying of "Pop will eat itself", rings true of Real.
When they won the Champs league in 2002, they were the best, by far.

For me, the Spanish system of having Directors that dictate who they buy and sell, is fatally flawed.

Take away Real's 5 successive European Cups from 1955-59 - and they only have 4 European Cups.
The way they "stole" Di Stefano from Barca was criminal. They wouldn't have won it without him.

I think there is only really England that have had Managers choosing and buying the players though mate. Even in Italy I think its usually the president who picks the players, presumably with the help of the manager or someone who knows about football ?

Even in England I don't think managers have ever had as much freedom as we all assumed. I remember Brian Clough buying some player or other for Derby without informing the board first and he got into all sorts of trouble.

Clough was also one of the first managers to be suspected/accused of taking "bungs" as well, which is obviously another of the problems associated in having a manager in control of tranfers.

At Liverpool under Paisley he used to give a list of players that he thought would "freshen up the team" at the end of every season,and then it was up to the club to see if they could get a couple of them.
account deleted by request

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:43 am

s@int wrote:At Liverpool under Paisley he used to give a list of players that he thought would "freshen up the team" at the end of every season,and then it was up to the club to see if they could get a couple of them.

:D

They should make teddy bears of Paisley - Im sure they'd sell.
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:46 am

Effes wrote:They should make teddy bears of Paisley - Im sure they'd sell.

Do you mean the paisley material, you know that swirly pattern that they use for cravattes and dressing gowns, or little cuddly Bob's  ???
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:52 am

bigmick wrote:

Do you mean the paisley material, you know that swirly pattern that they use for cravattes and dressing gowns, or little cuddly Bob's  ???

A cuddly bob, in Paisley.

They would go like hot cakes!
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 am

From what I remember of Del Bosques time in charge, Real Madrid were massively in debt. At that time they signed, I cant remember his name, but he was Bosnian - Herzagonian (however you spell it)  from Valencia, which put the club more into debt and Del Bosques contract could not be afforded. Real Madrid existed on massive loans at that time and it was then the supporters vote for the owners of the club came into effect.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:08 am

Shockingly, Real Madrid decided to not renew Del Bosque's contract in 2003,[4] just a day after he won the club its 29th League title and a week after the club signed David Beckham. Del Bosque was offered the post of technical
director[6] but turned it down, leading to many suggestions in the Spanish media that there was indeed a much rumoured political split at the club involving Del Bosque and several players,
especially captain Fernando Hierro (who was asked to leave the club in the summer of 2003), on one side, while Jorge Valdano and Florentino Pérez wielded the axe of control to in their words,
'shake up the team', on the other. Perez said in an interview with
BBC Sport: "Del Bosque was showing signs of exhaustion. I want to be sincere about this -- our belief that he was not the right coach for the future."

Nod to Wiki -
:D
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:15 am

Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Ah you mean kind of like a Paisley Paisley? It's got a bit of a ring to it I'll give you that   :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:20 am

bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Ah you mean kind of like a Paisley Paisley? It's got a bit of a ring to it I'll give you that   :D

They would knock yer Cabbage Patch dolls into the next century!
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 am

bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:

Top man.

Whats he up to now?

he's the current spain coach.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 am

red_guy wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:

Top man.

Whats he up to now?

Is correct hes Spains manager

An Saint is right an all about friction in the dressing room. Any manager who gets on the wrong side of that Raul an Gutti an it was Hierro at that time an all is a gonna.

That Raul although hes only a player has alot of say in what goes on at that club. He is a god to the fans an most of the directors an all especialy that Perez who was the president then, An it could look like him standing again in the next elections. You only have to look at what they done to Capello the fans hated his defensive style of play an so did them two players ive mentioned, He was successful but then they jibbed him an all,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:19 am

NANNY RED wrote:
red_guy wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:

Top man.

Whats he up to now?

An Saint is right an all about friction in the dressing room. Any manager who gets on the wrong side of that Raul an Gutti an it was Hierro at that time an all is a gonna.

That Raul although hes only a player has alot of say in what goes on at that club. He is a god to the fans an most of the directors an all especialy that Perez who was the president then, An it could look like him standing again in the next elections. You only have to look at what they done to Capello the fans hated his defensive style of play an so did them two players ive mentioned, He was successful but then they jibbed him an all,

Not to have a go at Rafa but it makes you wonder how successful he would be as Real Madrid manager, he's not really known for expansive entertaining football is he.
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:23 am

heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
red_guy wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:
bigmick wrote:
Effes wrote:

Top man.

Whats he up to now?

Not to have a go at Rafa but it makes you wonder how successful he would be as Real Madrid manager, he's not really known for expansive entertaining football is he.

An niether is Mourinio so that put that one to bed an all dont it :laugh: Its political war games with that club, you have to have a degree in politics even before you think of becoming a manager :laugh:

Mind you Doest Rafa play them war games all that Statergy an that :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion