Boss wednesday agreement - Kfs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:20 pm

Hi all,

A bit of a long shot for this but here goes,

I want a new flag for the new season, and have come up with a few ideas. I have heard bits and bobs about the Boss Wednesday Agreement but not  the definitive agreement. Just wondering if anyone knows the exact details laid out.

Dont want to go offending anyone.

RafaDodd
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:13 am

As far as I am aware, the keep flags scouse agreement restricts place names on flags to Liverpool or Liverpool overspill ie Birkenhead would not be allowed.
account deleted by request

Postby Um Ba » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:19 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Hi all,

A bit of a long shot for this but here goes,

I want a new flag for the new season, and have come up with a few ideas. I have heard bits and bobs about the Boss Wednesday Agreement but not  the definitive agreement. Just wondering if anyone knows the exact details laid out.

Dont want to go offending anyone.

RafaDodd

You want to suck my bongos? ???

You Dirty Dirty B.astard  :angry:
Um Ba

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:07 am

What is the Boss Wednesday agreement? Who's agreed it? And when was it agreed?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:14 pm

The Boss Wednesday Agreement states that any flags that are St Georges or feature the name of ANY city other than Liverpool (or immediate over spills ie Bootle) will be burnt by the KFS.

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:33 pm

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mitch22 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:34 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Image

love it :D
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby Rafa D » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:22 pm

Thanks for the information Leon, been dicussing it with lads off a different site and their views differ but I will just play it safe, cheers
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Thanks for the information Leon, been dicussing it with lads off a different site and their views differ but I will just play it safe, cheers

What do you mean differ ? In what way mate ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Hey Leon, if you can get your hands on some knock off bricks well get the lads together and build a great big feck off wall all around mersyside then none of the feckers will be able to get to the game!!

Wadya say pal? ???? :laugh:  :no

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:00 pm

The town thing. They have assured me Birkenhead is ok and in line witht the agreement, but it not a town in Liverpool really is it. I'll play safe and leave it out, dont wanna be an outcast lol.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:36 pm

Raffa put Birkenhead on your flag lad,it will look great in the Cowshed at Tranmere. :D
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:42 pm

put Birkenhead on your flag and at least you'll be able to keep warm (ie: when they set fire to it)

quite sad really that you can't put what you want on your flag - free country and all that.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:56 pm

thegreedo wrote:Hey Leon, if you can get your hands on some knock off bricks well get the lads together and build a great big feck off wall all around mersyside then none of the feckers will be able to get to the game!!

Wadya say pal? ???? :laugh:  :no

I dont quite get what it is that you are getting at there like mate ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Artful Dodger » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:03 pm

Absolutely brand new to posting on this board but have read it for sometime with interest - especially the views/ideas expressed by some people who clearly are Liverpool through and through.

When reading this post through I was motivated to register and put a point across that hasn't been mentioned yet. 

Liverpool FC is currently valued well behind Man U and Arsenal and often is reluctant (struggles?) to pay the large transfer fees that the big 4 are expected to be able to pay.  The only way Liverpool FC can hope to continue to compete financially with the other 3 is through a successful marketing strategy.  Yes the Champions League brings in huge revenue but that is dwarfed by shirt sales/TV rights/advertising/sponsorship etc both here and abroad. 

Bearing this in mind, for people to be then saying only St. George's flags with places Liverpool or at a push Birkenhead written on them are acceptable would seem to be defeating Liverpool's bid to develop the financial clout of the other clubs through such avenues.  After all, why support a club where you are not made to feel welcome or made to follow the demands of the 'elite' supporters.    Surely we should be looking to make people feel as welcome as possible and by doing so helping Liverpool FC generate more and more revenue?

Just because some supporters do not live in Liverpool does not mean they have less right to support the club.  They too support Liverpool because they see that Liverpool FC still stands strongly for the best parts of the world of football - not only in terms of technical brilliance but also in terms of respect, humility and pride amongst the greed, money and disloyalty that is rife amongst other clubs.

I have no doubt I will be slaughtered for this but felt it is still a point that adds to this thread.
Artful Dodger

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion