When wednesday comes. - Why i can't wait for the 1st

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:57 pm

I'm sick and tired. Not just because of the curry I ate last night (or this morning) at 4:30 and having to get up for Soccer AM at 9:00. I'm sick and tired of all this transfer cr@p that has now been going on for months.

It started off well. We were linked with Aimar and SWP and after THAT night in May we were being linked with the likes of Raul. We snapped up Bolo and negotiations began with Pepe.
There was the big (and I mean Massive, Huge, Enormous, Great, Stonking, Gigantinourmous) Stevie thing with Chel$ki that hit boiling point and thankfully he stayed. We bought a shed load of kids, there was a week when we were all asking "Why?" when Peter Crouch arrived and the goodbyes to Biscan't, Diouf, Smicer and a few others. We got Momo, we didn't get SWP and we got rid of Baros. And all the way through, since before the end of the season, there's been this bo11ox about a certain Mr. M. Owen coming back to Anfield, where he belongs. And now, I'm sick of it.

Is it wrong that I just want to get back to talking about the club, the games and the players that we actually have? Or do some/all/a few of you feel the same? I can't bare all this shadow play, the arguments about players that haven't even been linked with us and all the folks in TV land going on and on and on asking everyone and their dog about Owen.

So when wednesday night roles around, I'll be sitting there, watching SSN with a bowl of popcorn and watching all the last minute transfer action, and when that clock strikes for the first, I will sit back, pop my Champions of Europe DVD into the player and watch some football in the knowledge that until January at least, all this H0rsesh!te is over and done with. If we've got Owen, Great. If we've kept Cisse, Even Better. If we haven't, then Oh well.

So am I the only one? Or will you all be glued to the set just in case? Or have you given up caring already?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:14 pm

:D . Know the feeling Ace ,but at the same time realise that come December we'll all be itching for the jan transfer window to open again . :D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:28 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:I'm sick and tired. Not just because of the curry I ate last night (or this morning) at 4:30 and having to get up for Soccer AM at 9:00. I'm sick and tired of all this transfer cr@p that has now been going on for months.

It started off well. We were linked with Aimar and SWP and after THAT night in May we were being linked with the likes of Raul. We snapped up Bolo and negotiations began with Pepe.
There was the big (and I mean Massive, Huge, Enormous, Great, Stonking, Gigantinourmous) Stevie thing with Chel$ki that hit boiling point and thankfully he stayed. We bought a shed load of kids, there was a week when we were all asking "Why?" when Peter Crouch arrived and the goodbyes to Biscan't, Diouf, Smicer and a few others. We got Momo, we didn't get SWP and we got rid of Baros. And all the way through, since before the end of the season, there's been this bo11ox about a certain Mr. M. Owen coming back to Anfield, where he belongs. And now, I'm sick of it.

Is it wrong that I just want to get back to talking about the club, the games and the players that we actually have? Or do some/all/a few of you feel the same? I can't bare all this shadow play, the arguments about players that haven't even been linked with us and all the folks in TV land going on and on and on asking everyone and their dog about Owen.

So when wednesday night roles around, I'll be sitting there, watching SSN with a bowl of popcorn and watching all the last minute transfer action, and when that clock strikes for the first, I will sit back, pop my Champions of Europe DVD into the player and watch some football in the knowledge that until January at least, all this H0rsesh!te is over and done with. If we've got Owen, Great. If we've kept Cisse, Even Better. If we haven't, then Oh well.

So am I the only one? Or will you all be glued to the set just in case? Or have you given up caring already?

so who do u think were gonna sign before wednesday
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby banana » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm pretty damn fed up with this too. I must say I will feel a lot better after the 1st of september. From that day there will be no more transfer cr@p, only football. And football is the thing I like.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:02 pm

who do u think were gonna sign before wednesday

It's seem that Alberto Ricardo Carvalho having a problem with JM . Let's try to get him .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:45 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:I'm sick and tired. Not just because of the curry I ate last night (or this morning) at 4:30 and having to get up for Soccer AM at 9:00. I'm sick and tired of all this transfer cr@p that has now been going on for months.

Good post ace!! We all fell the same mate!Its been torture and worse lately!Distin  Distin  Distin! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:50 pm

woof woof ! wrote: :D . Know the feeling Ace ,but at the same time realise that come December we'll all be itching for the jan transfer window to open again . :D  :D  :D

yeah, i give it two weeks before someone starts a thread called "who should we buy in january?" :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:58 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:

so who do u think were gonna sign before wednesday

======================================

pmsl   :laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:18 am

me too.i'm so sick and tired of the endless rumours that has been going on.now,there's only few more days to 31 Aug.therefore,we all shall wait patiently for the new signings
:buttrock
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:03 am

Would this thread exist if we bought in some "higher profile players" this summer ?
66-1112520797

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:17 am

Bamaga man wrote:Would this thread exist if we bought in some "higher profile players" this summer ?

Maybe, maybe not. If we'd got the high profile players, would we still be connected to all this Owen/Cisse/Defender/Winger cr@p? If yes, then yes. If no, then no. I don't really see where the subject of High Profile players comes into it.  ???
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:13 pm

This isnt a dig at the thread you started but what i mean is if we bought say Figo ,Aimar and Raul would you still be sick and tired with all the rumours ?

After all this happens every year whats the difference this year ?
66-1112520797

Postby babu » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:42 pm

LOL i agree with the sentiment ( the ace). Its the same with reality TV and those celebrity rags. I claim not to watch or read and look down my nose at all that do. My stance is if no one is interested it won;t be reported. it will go away.

problem is, when i am stuck at an airport, i watch big brother, when i have having a haircut i read those celeb mags. and when i am bored i read the rumour thread on this forum... makes me angry usualy, but i read it. therefore i contirbute to the problem.  dam.nit

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:44 pm

you must be pretty angry with yourself now...
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:53 pm

babu wrote:LOL i agree with the sentiment ( the ace). Its the same with reality TV and those celebrity rags. I claim not to watch or read and look down my nose at all that do. My stance is if no one is interested it won;t be reported. it will go away.

problem is, when i am stuck at an airport, i watch big brother, when i have having a haircut i read those celeb mags. and when i am bored i read the rumour thread on this forum... makes me angry usualy, but i read it. therefore i contirbute to the problem.  dam.nit

As a Liverpool supporter or a couch potato you know these things happen every year.Yet you still watch it read it or whatever and get angry .

Plus you contribute to these problems .

I dont know maybe you need  :help
66-1112520797

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion