Boss wednesday agreement - Kfs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:08 pm

Artful Dodger wrote:
Liverpool FC is currently valued well behind Man U and Arsenal and often is reluctant (struggles?) to pay the large transfer fees that the big 4 are expected to be able to pay.  The only way Liverpool FC can hope to continue to compete financially with the other 3 is through a successful marketing strategy.  Yes the Champions League brings in huge revenue but that is dwarfed by shirt sales/TV rights/advertising/sponsorship etc both here and abroad.

i agree with manure and chelsea, but to say we can't compete financially with arsenal is an absolute joke. with the exception of reyes, can you think of a player who they have brought who cost more than we paid for cisse. even the likes of henry, overmars didn't cost £14m.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Artful Dodger » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:22 pm

Hi,

Ok - Arsenal perhaps - (but now their stadium is up by default their revenue will also increase).  Yes - we are in the planning stage for a new stadium, but these cost money, and also require supporters to fill them - supporters who have to pay a decent amount of money for the privilege.

Liverpool FC can take a huge amount of pride from everything that it has achieved and continues to achieve.  However, would it not be satisfying for Benitez to be able to go into transfer dealings knowing the extra couple of million that could push the deal through was there just in case - that extra couple of million generated from supporters around the world.

The point still remains Man U and Chelsea have seen that football has unfortunately become just as much a competition off the pitch in the business world as on it.  Between them, by both fair means and foul in the case of Chelsea, they have stolen a march on the rest of the clubs.  This is a gap that needs to be closed to keep Liverpool FC in the place is deserves.  It was only a short time ago I recall a post worried about the possibility of Portsmouth ending up above us due to the potential investment of another Russian billionaire.  Whilst this is clearly not the way we want Liverpool to go, by believing it can remain a club supported passionately by only those within Liverpool is shackling our potential revenue and ultimately our future potential success.
Artful Dodger

Postby Rafa D » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:24 pm

I agree with the KFS, but would like it extended to Birkenhead thats all lol
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:26 pm

If you come to Liverpool to support Liverpool FC. Why bring a banner with your home town written on it.You know where you come from and we couldnt give a fu.k where your from,whats the point.Liverpool fans are renowned for there banners thought and preperation is the key.Any soft cu.t can get a bedsheet and scrawl Carlisle or some other God forsaken place on it.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:31 pm

The Red Baron wrote:If you come to Liverpool to support Liverpool FC. Why bring a banner with your home town written on it.You know where you come from and we couldnt give a fu.k where your from,whats the point.Liverpool fans are renowned for there banners thought and preperation is the key.Any soft cu.t can get a bedsheet and scrawl Carlisle or some other God forsaken place on it.

Agreed.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:15 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
thegreedo wrote:Hey Leon, if you can get your hands on some knock off bricks well get the lads together and build a great big feck off wall all around mersyside then none of the feckers will be able to get to the game!!

Wadya say pal? ???? :laugh:  :no

I dont quite get what it is that you are getting at there like mate ?

Just a playful jab at some of the roadend values you hold so dear Leon, no harm meant lad! :eyebrow

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:45 pm

So back to my original question - who has agreed this "agreement"?
Is it something hatched on an internet forum? The official Supporters Club? The Club? A fanzine? Or just some bunch of local fans setting their own code of conduct for our globally supported club?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 pm

So, I'm confused.  OOTers are the reason why Anfield is losing its mystique because they are a bunch of day-trippers who don't yell, don't sing and don't really care enough about the game to become involved (as is often implied in these sorts of debates).

And yet, when OOTers try and get involved with the Anfield atmosphere by making flags and banners to display at the match they are in danger of having their efforts torched because there is some bizarre requirement that all banners be "Scouse"?

Is it me or is there a slight hypocrisy to all of this?  ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Woollyback » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:12 pm

i'm all for the keep flags scouse thing personally. i'm not  a scouser but why the hell would i want to turn up at anfield and tell the world "look me & my mates are all from bla bla wherever"? having your home town on the st george's flag might be fine for some england fans but what relevance has that to lfc? f*ck all, that's what. the flags are one thing that mark liverpool out from run of the mill teams whose supporters have no imagination beyond writing "chelmsford reds" on their man utd flag. keeping flags scouse means a bit of THOUGHT goes into them. if you can't put a bit of thought into one then don't feckin bring one
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:21 pm

Bad Bob wrote:So, I'm confused.  OOTers are the reason why Anfield is losing its mystique because they are a bunch of day-trippers who don't yell, don't sing and don't really care enough about the game to become involved (as is often implied in these sorts of debates).

And yet, when OOTers try and get involved with the Anfield atmosphere by making flags and banners to display at the match they are in danger of having their efforts torched because there is some bizarre requirement that all banners be "Scouse"?

Is it me or is there a slight hypocrisy to all of this?  ???

Isnt it just that if they bring a flag with a place out of liverpool on it it will get burned, not that OOTers will  get all their flags burnt that they bring the match...
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:32 pm

personally i dont have a problem with place names on flags, i do hate ppl bringing the England flag or union jack. big no no
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby babu » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:21 am

this shouldn't be about ooters at all, its about supporting the club. I agree the flags should represent and support liverpool, otherwise whats the point?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion