Birmingham v liverpool - Carling cup, wednesday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:44 pm

Wednesday night, brum away... whats the odds on 7-0?  :D

I dont think we'll emulate that kind of result on wednesday, but a good performance may see us get close.

With Arsenal on sunday, and the starting 11 that defeated Reading in mind my line-up would be:

Reina

Peltier   Agger    Carra    Warnock

Pennant  Gerrard  Zenden   Gonzalez

Fowler  Crouch

Subs:
Martin
Paletta
Aurelio
Sissoko
Kuyt

(Thats if bellers is still not fit. - If it turns out he is 70% fit then I might stick him  on the bench, if better than that I may start him alongside robbie
Last edited by Redman in wales on Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:52 pm

yeh i think the team will be something like that

but its unfair they dont give dudek a run in these games
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:04 pm

peterc1992 wrote:yeh i think the team will be something like that

but its unfair they dont give dudek a run in these games

he is serving a ban for getting sent off in the reserve game against the bitters..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/6062216.stm

... now you mention it ... does anyone know if dudek will be available as I never heard the outcome of the ban - whether it was a 3 or a 5 game ban. - I just looked at the old threads on this but, it the only articles say 'a possible 5 game ban' but I cant find what the actual verdict was.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:11 pm

let"s just hope we carry on with our style of play at the moment, so yes rest some players for sunday but not too much disruption to the line up as brum could prove to be a tricky cup tie if a massive amount of changes are made, also perfect opportunity for us to score a few away from home in warm up to sunday"s game.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby jkop » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Hopefully it will be another win, with Kuyt knocking in a few. Would love Steve to score again, just the look of joy in his face when he scored against Reading. So come on the Pool ! :buttrock
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:09 pm

I expect pretty much a reserve team put oout on Wednesday night with a few experienced players as well!

Its only the carling cup after all and with a huge game on Sunday we need all our big players 110% fit!
66-1120597113

Postby Rafa D » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:10 pm

Travelling down to sunny Birmingham on Wednesday for the game and I am in a bit of a muddle. I have got to drive due to the wonders of our rail system so

a) I can't have a bevvy

b) I don't know how the feck to get there.

I went on theaa.com for a route guide and the way they suggest is the M6. However I've heard this is murder for all the traffic jams. Someone suggested a toll road but it didn't come up on the route plan, and some have suggested the A roads.Also don't know whether to leave at 3.00pm or earlier to avoid the jams. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Back to the game:

I expect Rafa to send out a weakened team again and you cannot blame him with the Arsenal game at the weekend. The league is so much more of a priority at the moment and I would never expect him to put out full strength in the Mick Mouse Cup. Kuyt, Crouch, Gerrard, Xabi, Sami, Riise will all be rested, but with the strength and depth in our squad now. I am still expecting a strong performance and win against a very very average Birmingham side. McSheffrey is the only danger man, but  a upset is very unlikely.

2 - 0 to the red men and the Rafa-lution marches on.........
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kirankara » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:16 pm

hi guys im from brum and wil be sitting right next to away end as i couldnt get tickets in away end lol, so watch out 4 me if ur hurling bottles lol, ill be one with smug grin on his face as we are winning , but not celebating lol.

In all seriousness reckon it'll be b team squad, but should still have enough about us to win it 2-0
kirankara

Postby kirankara » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:19 pm

ok rafadodd best instructions i can get at short notice b4 i head out door is to get off at wolverhampton to avoid major traffic jams, and follow signs to birmingham from there, try putting in birmingham from wolverhampton on rac routeplanner, aa one is :censored:
kirankara

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:46 am

jkop wrote:Hopefully it will be another win, with Kuyt knocking in a few. Would love Steve to score again, just the look of joy in his face when he scored against Reading. So come on the Pool ! :buttrock

Or even Bourdeux! :D

I think we can forget another 7-0.

1-0 will do just fine for me.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:48 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Travelling down to sunny Birmingham on Wednesday for the game and I am in a bit of a muddle. I have got to drive due to the wonders of our rail system so

a) I can't have a bevvy

b) I don't know how the feck to get there.

I went on theaa.com for a route guide and the way they suggest is the M6. However I've heard this is murder for all the traffic jams. Someone suggested a toll road but it didn't come up on the route plan, and some have suggested the A roads.Also don't know whether to leave at 3.00pm or earlier to avoid the jams. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Back to the game:

I expect Rafa to send out a weakened team again and you cannot blame him with the Arsenal game at the weekend. The league is so much more of a priority at the moment and I would never expect him to put out full strength in the Mick Mouse Cup. Kuyt, Crouch, Gerrard, Xabi, Sami, Riise will all be rested, but with the strength and depth in our squad now. I am still expecting a strong performance and win against a very very average Birmingham side. McSheffrey is the only danger man, but  a upset is very unlikely.

2 - 0 to the red men and the Rafa-lution marches on.........

I think you get an option to use the toll road on the M6, don't you?

Surely it runs parallel?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:38 am

1-0 to the Reds.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:11 am

Nov 7 2006
By Ian Doyle Daily Post Correspondent

JERZY DUDEK is poised to step out of the Anfield wilderness for Liverpool's Carling Cup assignment at Birmingham City tomorrow night.

The Polish goalkeeper, who has yet to make a first-team appearance this season, is being considered for a recall by Rafael Benitez after serving a three-match ban following his sending-off in the mini-derby against Everton last month.

Dudek was in line to play in the previous round of the Carling Cup against Reading only for his chance to be scuppered by the red card handed out for violent conduct after a clash with Victor Anichebe.

The 33-year-old could face a further suspension after being hit by a separate charge by the Football Association over the incident, although Liverpool's decision to appeal means the Pole will be available tomorrow evening.
mattylfc

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:40 am

Come on the dudek!!!

Kuyt will deifnately be rested tonight, i can see bellamy and maybe garcia if both shake off injuries. Expect to see agger and gonzales...

I can see Birmingham up for this mroe than any match they have had in a while though, but another quick start for us should pay off nicely

4-2 liverpool Bellamy 1st goal
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:53 am

It would be an ideal opportunity to see Bellamy shake of his ankle problem in this game. Id also like to see Robbie play some part.

Whats the situation with Paul Anderson? Is this perhaps a too high profile game for him to be tested? Rafa has to start breaking him in at some point if not loan him out and Carling Cup and early FA Cup rounds could be an ideal platform.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion