Birmingham v liverpool - Maybe a lil to early

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:15 am

We will beat Birmingham no doubt about that but it will be difficult. Whether its Nunez or La Tallec, we need to continue winning games as much as we can.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:16 am

are you willing to wager eating your monitor on it like other games this season? :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:17 am

LFC #1 wrote:are you willing to wager eating your monitor on it like other games this season? :D

No, I did that once and not doing it again.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:22 am

Hopefully we will get revenge on the Brummie B@stards for cheating their way to victory at Anfield earlier on this season :angry:
82-1074641017

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:16 am

I hope so Roberts.  Muzzy Izzet, perhaps he should play as a goalkeeper :angry:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:09 am

A.B. wrote:
1)pennant
2)pandiani

We will win because of 4 reasons

1. Morientes
2. Baros
3. Gerrard
4. Riise

So two players will beat Liverpool's starting eleven?

yippe.....we will win 4-2 then  :Oo: ........

another half-a$$ed performance and we will lose...no doubt about it. Hope the guys can give it their all. We usually have problems with hardworkinfg teams who keep running throughout the game (blue sh1t, scums...etc).

A draw will be a good result in my view.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:22 am

Dalglish wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:Fine with me. If le Tallec has been looking good while in france, that's cool and Nunez has his good moments too. I thought Garcia's suspension was up, but ok. He should be fresher for some of the really big games coming up. If only we kept Diouf...

When exactly did you see Nunez have a good moment ?  :D

If Garcia's not playing I'd try Le Tellac to be honest

When I heard about Nunez coming in on the Owen deal, I was actually quite excited. He played a few times for Real last year and looked very promising. Since he has been here, I haven't seen much of this promise, but once or twice, his final balls have looked very sweet, but we didn't have anyone there for him. Now, with Mori for a target man, one of these may be enough. His build up play and positioning have been severely lacking and sometimes his lack of conviction has really p1ssed me off. But if le Tallec has been looking good and his fitness is alright, go for it.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:52 am

yeah.....with mori as a target man, nunez will be more efficient down the right. See how it goes.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:00 pm

Stats...stats....stats...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4238805.stm

Birmingham v Liverpool 

St Andrews
Saturday, 12 February
Kick-off: 1500 GMT

BIG-MATCH FACTS

BIRMINGHAM CITY lie bottom of the Premiership's form table, as they prepare to do battle with an improving Champions League chasing Liverpool. Last season Emile Heskey scored as Liverpool ran riot in this corresponding fixture. This time around, he'll be hoping to help reverse the honours.

Steve Bruce's Blues have been on the slide since the start of 2005 when they were ninth. One win and five defeats in the Premiership sees them down to within four places and nine points of the relegation zone, and trips to two of the bottom four - Crystal Palace and West Bromwich - follow this. Only Palace and Fulham have lost more home games in the top League than Birmingham, and only West Brom, Palace and Blackburn have scored fewer goals in front of their home supporters.

The Midlanders recorded a surprise 0-1 victory in the reverse fixture in November when Darren Anderton tapped in Matthew Upson's header with 13 minutes remaining for their first win in 13 League and Cup visits. Now they have the chance of completing their first 'double' over the Reds in 69 years, and the third home and away maximum over the Merseysiders in their history.

LIVERPOOL have hit form. The 0-1 victory over Watford didn't only land them a place in the Carling Cup final, it sparked a three match winning run for Raffa's Reds. Now they go to St Andrews hoping to add the scalp of Birmingham to those of Charlton and Fulham gained in their last two Premiership outings. Following this, the Merseysiders have a ten-day break until entertaining Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League on 22 February.

Victory will close the gap on fourth placed Everton to two points, if their Merseyside rivals are beaten at high flying Chelsea in the Saturday lunchtime fixture. Steven Gerrard enjoys matches against Birmingham. He's scored in three of the last five Premiership meetings.

Gerrard was at his inspirational best in last season's corresponding fixture. His late goal added to a classy effort from Michael Owen and the Emile Heskey goal. Liverpool cruised to victory in the second half after Kenny Cunningham was sent off for fouling Gerrard. The Reds have lost just once in nine League visits to St Andrews, spanning 28 years (winning five, drawing three). The Merseysiders suffered their club record League defeat at St Andrews when Birmingham beat them 9-1 in the old Second Division on 11 December 1954.

Referee:

Howard Webb (South Yorkshire)

SEQUENCES/RECENT FORM

BIRMINGHAM CITY

Club stats
Fixtures
14th 29 points
Highest achievable after Saturday's games: 11th
Lowest could realistically fall: 14th

Lost six of the last eight matches in all competitions.
Scored only twice in the last 15 minutes of Premiership games this season.
Not won any of the 14 top flight matches in which the opposition has scored first.
The 2-0 defeat at Manchester United last time out, was the first time in 10 Premiership matches in which Birmingham have failed to score.
Lowest second half scorers in the highest League (10 goals).

Won three of the last five home League games.
Lost five Premiership matches at St Andrews. Only Crystal Palace (seven) and Fulham (six) have lost more often in front of their home faithful.
Netted 15 League goals at home. Only West Brom (11) and Crystal Palace and Blackburn (13 each) have been less prolific in home top tier engagements.
LIVERPOOL

Club stats
Fixtures
5th 43 points
Highest achievable after Saturday's games: 5th
Lowest could fall: 6th

Won half of their Premiership games under Rafael Benitez (13 of 26).
Completed only four Premiership draws this season. No club has finished all square less often.
Lost all eight Premiership matches in which failed to score.
Won all five top tier encounters when clean sheets have been kept.
Won three and drawn one of the nine games in which behind at half time.
Conceded only once in the first 15 minutes of top flight encounters.
Won four and drawn one of the 14 top division matches in which they were behind.

Won three of the last four Premiership games, away from home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KEY PLAYER NOTES/POTENTIAL MILESTONES

BIRMINGHAM CITY

Squad profiles

If he participates, Emile HESKEY will be facing his former club.
Salif DIAO cannot play, as he's on loan from Liverpool.
Muzzy IZZET needs a brace to total 50 career club goals.
Maik TAYLOR is the only remaining player to have figurered in every minute of every one of Birmingham's League and Cup matches this season.
If on the field at kick off, Jamie CLAPHAM will be making his 50th start for the Blues.
If he plays, Kenny CUNNINGHAM will be making his 100th appearance for Birmingham.
Should he figure, Damien JOHNSON will be making his 100th League appearance for City.
If he lines up for the kick off, Oliver TEBILY will be making his 50th start for Birmingham.
If he gets a run out, Darren CARTER will be making his 50th career League appearance.
LIVERPOOL

Squad profiles

Steve FINNAN started his professional career with Birmingham.
If he plays, Sami HYYPIA will be making his 300th appearance for Liverpool.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:06 pm

Least Garcia got suspended for away game which is handy :D

Bit concerned over this game especially coming after the international break
Be a tough match but here hoping we can grab the win
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:17 pm

Everyone is forgettin Smicer, from Nunez so far I'd prefer to hard Vladi on the right :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:21 pm

You're right there Paul, I'm trying my very best to forget him. 'Thing is, he was so bad sometimes I think he must have mentally scarred me because I can't seem to erase it from my mind. Totally unsuited to the rigours of English football in my view, despite the fact that he is quite a talented footballer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:32 pm

The_Rock wrote:
A.B. wrote:
1)pennant
2)pandiani

We will win because of 4 reasons

1. Morientes
2. Baros
3. Gerrard
4. Riise

So two players will beat Liverpool's starting eleven?

yippe.....we will win 4-2 then  :Oo: ........

another half-a$$ed performance and we will lose...no doubt about it. Hope the guys can give it their all. We usually have problems with hardworkinfg teams who keep running throughout the game (blue sh1t, scums...etc).

A draw will be a good result in my view.

How is a draw a good result? Our goal should be trying to win as many as games as we can. You can't settle for a draw.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:43 pm

Just my opinion....

I keep having bad feeling against birmingham on sat. Don't ask me why....just a bad feeling.

But i would be delighted if we beat them though.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:44 pm

Paul C wrote:Everyone is forgettin Smicer, from Nunez so far I'd prefer to hard Vladi on the right :;):

to all nunez doubters....watch him go on sat  :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4254631.stm

Nunez looks for impressive return 

Antonio Nunez's career stats 
Antonio Nunez insists that he will win over Liverpool supporters - starting with Saturday's outing at Birmingham.
The 25-year-old midfielder is in contention after a three-match ban for being been sent off in the FA Cup loss to Burnley and may replace Luis Garcia.

"I have to adapt to the English game better as it's more physical than Spain," he told the club website.

"I have a lot to show the fans. It's been difficult for me this season as I've been out for a long time injured."

Nunez has struggled since his summer move from Real Madrid but feels Garcia's one-game suspension could provide the perfect opportunity for another run in the team.

He added: "We have been playing well and sometimes it is difficult to come back when the team are doing well.

"I didn't get on the bench for the Fulham game and I hope I can get a chance on Saturday.

"It has been very frustrating for me not playing or being involved. When I saw on the video what had happened at Burnley I thought that is not a three-game ban but those are the rules and I have to abide by them."
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion