Barragan sold - To deportivo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby matrix » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:14 pm

its a shame he left so soon  he was meant to be a great prospect   but for a young guy in a different country its not easy  most likely HOMESICK...  shame he wanted to leave  ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:23 am

AT the end of the day, we can't keep anyone if they're homesick - it's inhumane.

Maybe - as has been stated previously - he will do a lot of growing up over the next 2 years and realise that LFC is where it's at.

We live in hope.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield Kop » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:40 am

Sad to see the lad leave, but Rafa rates him highly or else he would not have insisted on a buy-back clause.

It might also mean that LFC are trying to find some additional cash to fund transfers of other players as Mr Parry mentionned earlier in the week that Rafa needs to sell before buying, but i would have preferred to see Djimi Traore leave instead of a young prospect.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:52 am

He was living at one of my friend's aunts. Apparently he was homesick and despite living here for a year he could not speak English.

Can't blame the lad really. Playing for Depor will develop him. I will look forward to seeing him back here in 2 years. He looks promising.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:37 am

At the end of the say no matter how many young talanted player we bring in the truth is that very rarley will we see more than perhaps 1 or 2 of them actually step up to the first team. And even then its probabaly only one of them that can actually bring something to the team apart from being a fringe player.

We were lucky enough to be graced with youing talents liek Fowler, Gerrard, Owen and Carra but I dont see a flurry of talent emerging again at least not for the foreseeable future.

I think maybe 2 players will actualy make it out of the reserves to the first team: Godwin Antwi, and Paul Anderson

Not beacsue I think they definatley have the ability for the Premiership but because they have been the best 2 players for me in the reserves this season and their FA youth cup sucess is proof of that so hopefully they will get some chances this season.

Id be more than happy to be proved wrong and see 5 or 6 players in the current reserves step up to the first team and make a difference but I just dont see that happening.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:27 pm

From the BBC

Deportivo La Coruna president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro says Antonio Barragan will soon complete his transfer from Liverpool.

The highly-rated youngster - who is currently on international duty with the Spanish Under 19 side - is expected to sign a 5-year contract. Liverpool will have a buy-back option.

Lendoiro said: "All that remains for the move to be completed is for the documents to be signed."
Last edited by tubby on Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:12 pm

well, aparently barragan is having his medical today in depor, sorry the link is in spanish barragan medical

For those who dont know spanish it basically says that he will be competing with Pablo Garcia for right back and a quote by him stating

"I will fight to the maximum and leave my skin in the field so that I don't let down those who trusted me: Caparrós and Lendoiro" (sorry if the translation doesnt make much sense, they're spanish expresions)

Its a real shame we had to let him go. Hopefully he will have a good run in Depor and a succesful career in spain, that is unless he comes back to us. Either way, best of luck to him.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby GOAT » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:51 pm

Hope he does return to us in the future but its doubtful, he was one of our brightest talents, he will probably be a star in the future, shame he had to get homesick
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:01 pm

Well he has finally gone after what seems like an age. Not a bad buy back fee!

Liverpool star exit confirmed
04-08-2006 12:24 
Liverpool defender Antonio Barragan has completed his move to La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna. 
The 19-year-old has made just one appearance for the Reds since his move from Sevilla, and he has moved to the Riazor for a fee of around one million euros.

Depor have revealed that Liverpool have reserved the right to buy the player back for 700,000 euros after the second or third year should they so wish.
The player has signed a five-year contract with the Galician side, and will hope to win regular first team football.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:08 pm

I haven't seen a complete match of him in Deportivo, but I have read some articles and some highlights, and looks like he's playing very well in the preseason, and he's going to play much this season.

It's a good thing we have a buy back option.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:34 pm

i don't think he'll be back.  The lad was home sick and couldn't wait to leave.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:07 pm

You never know. Perhaps once hes establishd himself a little better there maybe a possibility of Rafa wanting him as part of the first team.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:25 pm

If his agent was telling him that an important primera team wants him, and not having the chance of playing in the LFC first team this season, I can understand his homesickness.

I think that LFC put a buy back clause, and I guess there is a reason for that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:33 pm

7_Kewell wrote:i don't think he'll be back.  The lad was home sick and couldn't wait to leave.

Hes only a teenager though isnt he, once hes matured better and is ready for that sort of a move abroad he may return, rafa wouldnt have put a buy back clause for nothing
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Dundalk » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:20 pm

Then why didnt he go on loan ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion