Barragan - Right winger?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:46 am

I was watching the game yesterday and i noticed that when Moro went off, Garcia shifted up front an Barragan took up a covering role down the right flank (right winger). I must admit he looked ok there, but nothing special as yet. Rafa has good judgement, so its good to see him get some experience. I dont think its fair to get an opinion on him yet, maybe after 10-15 games we will see what qualities he will bring to the squad.
When he was in Sevilla the manager prepared him to play on wing if Sergio Ramos would have to leave the team. And they were all really p*ssed off when we snatched their player - he was supposed to become the next Andalucian star there. So hopefully he'll achieve the same expectations for us!
What do you guys think, maybe rafa has taking a liking to him for right wing and realised that he needs to save money for a centre back and striker maybe???  ??? or maybe even for two centre backs.

Anyway Antonio Barragan looked good for the ten minutes he was on the pitch, a real good prospect for the future!

:buttrock
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:58 am

Well, seeing as that was his first senior outing, his first game for us and quite an important game it was too, he did... ok. It's impossible to tell from just last night but a couple of flashes of flair and good composure are always nice things to see, but I think he's one to watch in the reserves a bit more before we start calling him into action for the 1st team. An excellent solution to the right side, in the long run, but a new winger is still high on the agenda as Antonio will need more time. Very promising indeed... :)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:59 am

He didnt really have enough oppurtunity to show us anything but at 17 i dont think that he will have any complaints.
He never made a senior appearance for seville so to get a brief ten minutes already he must be really pleased.
I dont think he will feature much, i reckon it was just Rafa giving him some experience as the game was virtually over.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:52 pm

i thought he was 18 years old. ???
i also thought rafa bought him as a right back not right winger. why would he put him there instead of right back yesterday???
finnan could of played at right mid instead. but rafa didn't. this could a sign that rafa wants him as a right midfielder.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:54 pm

he looked like a decent young player last night, although judging by the 2 crosses he (tried to) deliver then right wing's not for him! :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:22 am

you can,t judge a player on fifteen minutes and  also out of position
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:44 am

He's a RB, and was put on to shore up the right-side of midfield as we all know Luis is as much use in the tackle as an anorexic is in a kebab house.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:46 am

I'm sure the kid will be fine, but christ.....he was on in scrub time of the match to get some minutes and provide some cover!

He and Zak and the other lads have some time before they come on for the quality minutes.  I want as much as anybody on this board for the you boys to make an impression on the squad but FFS, we need squad players who are on the international competion level so we can compete in the league.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:46 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:i thought he was 18 years old. ???
i also thought rafa bought him as a right back not right winger. why would he put him there instead of right back yesterday???
finnan could of played at right mid instead. but rafa didn't. this could a sign that rafa wants him as a right midfielder.

WOuld you try not to use green color as it is really not comfortable to read. Thanks.

Back on the topic, maybe Rafa want to see if Barragan can be the solution to right wing as Mark Gonzo got his permit rejected. I'm sure it was a very good experience to be in such an important game. Hope he turns out to be a decent player.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:25 am

hes meant to be a potentially brilliant fullback. VIVA LA RAFALUTION. FORZA REDMEN.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SevillaFCfans » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:51 pm

Barragan was Sevilla's player, he is a future crack!!! :bowdown
Image Sevilla F.C.
SevillaFCfans

Postby stoney » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:51 pm

SevillaFCfans wrote:Barragan was Sevilla's player, he is a future crack!!! :bowdown

Future crack? what crackhead ???  :D  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion