Away leg - tactics - To go for a goal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:00 pm

Do you think we should play 5 in midfield, keep it tight and try not to concede more than one goal? or should we go out and and have a go at them, try to score a goal and then leave them needing 4 to win (3 for penalties)

I'd go for goal as I think the germans are dodgy at the back.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:10 pm

I agree, we can definitely score against them. Get an early goal and kill the game off
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:17 pm

5 man midfield, get an early goal, then defend and hit them on the counter attack :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:12 am

Weve got to play like its nil nil, playing defensivly wont help us even if we are good on the counter attack there is no point putting more pressure on Hyypia and Dudek who both get worse by the game, Hyypia was class but hes gonna need replacing next season......Go for the goal from the off like the last game loads of closin down and try and kill the game off.
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:50 am

I sense a German side with the same thought; Get an early goal, to get back into the game. I bet that they`re gonna put a hell of a pressure on us for the first 20 mins, and then the game will settle. I believe that our main focus until then should be to keep a clean sheet, playing with low risk in our defencive game.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:17 pm

I say we walk out there, put 5 in the auld onion bag and go home happy :D
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby ckay » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:34 pm

Go for goal, we've never been able to defend a lead!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Guapo » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:37 pm

They are very shaky at the back when pressure is put on them and if we get the first goal we will kill off the tie. We should go out there with a positive attitude and go for a goal (without throwing everybody forward). If we go out with Houllier-type "tactics" and sit on the edge of our box for the whole game we are asking to get beaten
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
El Guapo

Postby simic_ie » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:21 pm

Yeah, we're not strong enough defensively to sit back and defend. Don't think my heart could take it either. Our best option is to go and attack the game and try and score. Otherwise I'd be a bit worried
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:23 pm

we are now in a rafalution.. so... expect more goals!!! that is definately!
Alonso_Rulz

Postby laurence_2k2 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:19 pm

no way we cant sit back!stick 5 in the midfield,

go with                 dudek

finnan        hyypia       carra          traore

garcia   hamann    biscan        riise
                 le tallac

baros

think it might be worth taking a gamble on le tallac just slighty ahead or igor and didi
The Rafalution Continues!
laurence_2k2

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:28 pm

Personally, I wouldn't change a single thing from the first leg. What's wrong with going there looking to win 3-1 again? If you start defending, you of course invite the other team to attack. Where's the sense in doing that? I remember too many games when Liverpool have sat back and tried to defend a lead and I don't think I have ever seen that go well for us. I say we go out there all guns blazing and don't sit back until we have scored 4. We've got the ability, we just need the breaks and the mentality.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:33 pm

Ace you have a good point. Rafa is not going to use tactics like that because he is going to go for a win.

Dudek
Finnan     Carragher     Hyypia    Traore
           Hamann       Gerrard   Riise
Luis Garcia                           Kewell
                    Baros
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby coolsobs » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:00 pm

I definetly wouldn't underestimate leverkusen especially at home it would not be that hard for them to win 2-0. They are terrible away and much better at home but they're defense is weak and baros doesn't play well alone so we should play kewell upfront with hjim and biscan and gerrard in midfield with hamnn as a sub.
coolsobs

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion