Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:11 pm

The Turdinator wrote:Leon -= johnyknowmates

Yer must a wow at parties

What you talking about?
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:13 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Whereas of course, those from Liverpool who go to the game have paid their dues and therefore are allowed to voice an opinion. Everybody else is an idiot, especially females. All forty odd thousand people who will be in the ground at Anfield are of course experts. Just out of interest so we all know, what happens when the match is away and say four thousand Liverpool supporters get tickets. Are they the only ones allowed to have a say or can we all join in on them games?
One last question. Can we all refrain from clambering up our collective bumholes and not take ourselves too seriously? Just thought I'd ask.

Again Mick, I do think you talk a lot of sense and I do enjoy reading all your posts. It was a bit of a generalisation, however it is true of the majority of members of this forum, rather than the minority. Read posts by redrider, banana, polygemus, pig catcher, redtribe, whelston23 and many others, and you will see what I mean.

Your opinion is that all people all over the world are allowed to be LFC fans, and I share that view.

Your opinion is that people have a right to their opinion, and I agree with that.

My opinion is that a lot of members of this forum know zip all about football, never mind football at Liverpool Football Club. Are you denying me my own opinion?

My opinion is that the vast majority of members on here who do not go the match, know little about Liverpool FC, and therefore are less qualified to comment. However they are free to comment, as it is afterall the internet, and a forum. That is different to thinking that people who do not go the game should not comment upon it.

I do not think everyone else is an idiot, however I do question the views and comments of these people if I disagree.

I take Liverpool FC seriously, I know no other way. I defend my club if a blue nose or a manc slags it, and I do the same, (often a little too much) on here if fellow Liverpool fans slag parts of the club or team.

Zara - why dont you ask Father Christmas to bring you an opinion for Christmas, so you do not have to keep stealing/ agreeing with everyone elses.

So could you please quote me not knowing what I’m talking about Leon I’m intrigued?
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:23 pm

Leon has his opinions just like the rest of us, and actually if you read his posts it's not really his opinions which wind people up - it's usually the wording and the way he gets them across. What's going on in his head seems to be largely OK, it's just everything gets a liberal dose argumentative-ness on the way out. Put it this way I'd much rather have a forum full of Leons than tools like Kindaconfused

Anyway, talking of OOTers I've got a dilemma. Let's say for example anyone who lives more than an hour away from Anfield is a proper OOTer. Which makes me not an OOTer, but what if traffic's bad and it takes me over an hour, am I then an OOTer?   ???  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:44 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:...A bit of good news for some (most) members of this forum who never go the game, Armchairs and OOTers can sit back...

you shouldn't have said that, leon.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:55 pm

also just found out that our fa cup game against burnley has been moved forward to friday 7th january for sky tv coverage. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:56 pm

Just to throw something else into the mix:

Diaponeer states that he gets to see almost all home games seeing that he's a steward at Anfield and he's an absolute fountain of knowledge and enlightenment, isn't he?  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:58 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Just to throw something else into the mix:

Diaponeer states that he gets to see almost all home games seeing that he's a steward at Anfield and he's an absolute fountain of knowledge and enlightenment, isn't he?  :D

yeah he claims there's no atmosphere in the kop. he was obviously working the arsenal and olympiakos games then wasn't he? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:31 pm

Perhaps we should have different Forums for Grades of people, depending on where you live :
1. Central Forum for those posting from within 5 miles radius of Anfield.
2. Outer/Wirral Forum for those posting from 5 to 50 miles.
3. UK/Celtic Forum for those posting from 50 to 250 miles.
4. Overseas Forum for those posting from outside UK& Ireland.
5. OuterSpace Forum for those beyond > !!

That way Leon would only ever need to view first hand accounts/opinions from inside his beloved circle and never need to be offended from any comment from outside the boundaries of a Liverpool post code !!   :D    :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:34 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Just to throw something else into the mix:

:laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:08 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Whereas of course, those from Liverpool who go to the game have paid their dues and therefore are allowed to voice an opinion. Everybody else is an idiot, especially females. All forty odd thousand people who will be in the ground at Anfield are of course experts. Just out of interest so we all know, what happens when the match is away and say four thousand Liverpool supporters get tickets. Are they the only ones allowed to have a say or can we all join in on them games?
One last question. Can we all refrain from clambering up our collective bumholes and not take ourselves too seriously? Just thought I'd ask.

Again Mick, I do think you talk a lot of sense and I do enjoy reading all your posts. It was a bit of a generalisation, however it is true of the majority of members of this forum, rather than the minority. Read posts by redrider, banana, polygemus, pig catcher, redtribe, whelston23 and many others, and you will see what I mean.

Your opinion is that all people all over the world are allowed to be LFC fans, and I share that view.

Your opinion is that people have a right to their opinion, and I agree with that.

My opinion is that a lot of members of this forum know zip all about football, never mind football at Liverpool Football Club. Are you denying me my own opinion?

My opinion is that the vast majority of members on here who do not go the match, know little about Liverpool FC, and therefore are less qualified to comment. However they are free to comment, as it is afterall the internet, and a forum. That is different to thinking that people who do not go the game should not comment upon it.

I do not think everyone else is an idiot, however I do question the views and comments of these people if I disagree.

I take Liverpool FC seriously, I know no other way. I defend my club if a blue nose or a manc slags it, and I do the same, (often a little too much) on here if fellow Liverpool fans slag parts of the club or team.

Zara - why dont you ask Father Christmas to bring you an opinion for Christmas, so you do not have to keep stealing/ agreeing with everyone elses.

i think i know what he means

theres some members on here, and some of their posts dont sound like they do truely support the club, like banana against olympicaikos (excuse the spelling hehe) at half time he was really slagging off the team like you would say another team, we're out of the champions league, gerrard is going, nothing at all positive to say about it, and then when they won 3-1 he was going that was gr8 and all as if he was saying that all along

so i agree with him and i admit i do make some unpopular opinions at times but on live tv or in the ground you can still form a opinion theres no difference except maybe you can be made to be bias because youre in the ground and get carried away with the whole atmosphere
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:36 pm

Personaly, I find the range of views on here to be extremely interesting.
From the 'Blind Faith' of nothing is wrong, through the calm constructive comment to the let's Slag it all off brigade !! All have a place.
Most, however badly written, have a kernel of sense in them. Most of the exchanges have a thread of argument that convinces/reinforces and even changes opinions.
Some of the humour is immense !!
The only sad work is that which arises from blind bias and that which descends into personal abuse !!
Some of the most interesting views and comments come from people in other parts of the UK and from other Countries, where they are seeing us we really are, not how we perceive ourselves to be ! We should always value their contributions, they are probably more worthy than our own !!
Again, another post from the 'Leon maligned Redrider' which Leon may not find to his immediate taste, but I have to say I never set out with the intention either please or annoy, but merely to express an opinion and provoke a thought that may develop a thread of interest and sometimes amuse.
Keep posting everyone !!   :)   :)    :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:33 am

Well said mate, well said.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:46 am

ITs just like when EMINEM disappeared for a while his words when he returned where..........................................

Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me
cuz we need a little controversy, cuz it feels so empty without me  :D
Leon has eminems badge on his avatar dont forget.
Just like Marshall mathers he likes contravesy too.
Likes to be a bit outspoken But I   :love: Eminem he can fill my boots any days thats one sexy maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan an make no mistake  :devil:  :love:  :;):
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion