Are we becoming a feeder club? - Will we lose our best players?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Are we becoming a feeder club? - Will we lose our best players?

YES
7%
NO
93%

Total votes : 57

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:24 am

As we go into the 2009/2010 season,  we go into it with the best team IMO since we last won the league and I know we all say this at the beginning of every season,but we really have this time, we are really strong now and only have to nail a couple of places in the team to go onto our first title in 20 years!!

When it is in the summer break like this I am normally looking forward to what exciting players we could bring in, I wake up every morning and look on the BBC Text at the rumour page then onto the Internet at possible players we could bring in.

BUT!!!
:down:

All I am hearing or reading about is other clubs,Most that are nowhere as big as our club trying to sign our players.

In the past week Pepe Riena,Javier Mascarano,Xabi Alonso and Fernanado Torres(the ones we call the spine of the team)have all been linked with a move away.I am always full of conspiracy theory's and I can't help but think are those 2 American idiots paying people to do dirty work for them i,e letting clubs know some of our players can be sold for the right price.

We are all aware of our financial difficulties and it's hard to think of ourselves as a feeder club BUT SADLY it is looking like we might be one!!
roberto green

Postby Boocity » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:31 am

LFC have never been and will never be a selling club and we have never been the richest.

Stop all this pessimism and stop believing everything you read from bored journos
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:56 am

No :) definately not
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:08 am

How the fu'ck are we becoming a feeder club??
This is one of the stupidest threads ever like..WTF

All we have is rumours.Its the same every year.
Yes its a worry that Alonso and Masch MAY BE leaving but again these are only rumours!
Anyway if wee do let a big name go..we will bring another in to replace him and we move on from there!

In short..Are we becoming a feeder club?

NO..simple!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:18 am

Wouldnt quite say Barcelona and Madrid are nowhere near as big as our club....
everything else i disagree with too except for us having a strong squad if we dont sell for next season...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:27 am

roberto green wrote:All I am hearing or reading about is other clubs,Most that are nowhere as big as our club trying to sign our players.

Yes Barca and Real Madrid are small clubs.   ???
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:36 am

mart wrote:
roberto green wrote:All I am hearing or reading about is other clubs,Most that are nowhere as big as our club trying to sign our players.

Yes Barca and Real Madrid are small clubs.   ???

Yeah so are Chelsea and Man City
roberto green

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:38 am

Number 9 wrote:How the fu'ck are we becoming a feeder club??

Yes its a worry that Alonso and Masch MAY BE leaving but again these are only rumours!
Anyway if wee do let a big name go..we will bring another in to replace him and we move on from there!

NO..simple!

I think this must be exactly what I said when I saw the thread title  :D

We haven't even sold anyone!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:44 am

Greavesie wrote:

NO..simple!

Well lets just say, I hope this statement still stands in 2 months time
roberto green

Postby Parkinson » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:50 am

No we're not a feeder club, I had a discussion with a fella called Saint on here earlier and I think he made a very good point about the pound dropping against the Euro. He said that Madrid paid about 94 Million Euros for Ronaldo, had the pound been at its peak against the Euro that would of cost Madrid 118 Million Euros. So with the exchange rate being what it is at the moment between the Pound and the Euro, it allows Europes clubs to have a gander over here and pick the best from the Premier league.

This was a very good point Saint made and could be the real catalyst here in seeing the likes of Barca and Madrid swooping for British based players. Ontop of that Liverpool has many Spainards and a few South Americans hence the reason why the likes of Barca and Madrid are trying to lure these players back to their homeland.

But we are definately not a feeder club never have been never will in my opinion its just the economic climate we're currently in that makes it look this way.
Parkinson

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:54 am

roberto green wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

NO..simple!

Well lets just say, I hope this statement still stands in 2 months time

it might not stand in 2 months time mate, but its a pointless question to be asking right now isnt it with nobody sold. You're asking are we becoming a feeder club with absolutely no evidence of it. If the rumoured players are sold then you can start asking that kind of question but until then mate its a bit of a lost cause really.

Dont see the Mancs worrying about them being Real Madrid's feeder club and their best player is off to them. This is merely a response to media bullsh!t. If something materialises then fair enough
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby DrPepe » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:00 pm

Good point about exchange rates

In fact I read quotes from our very own xabi saying every player is disappinted when their wages effectively drop by a third :laugh:

I don't think we are a feeder club, but I think a dose of realism is required.

We are on the 2nd rung of euro football at the moment, like it or not
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:30 pm

I Read this Forum Everyday, but very rarely comment however this is the most riduculous topic i've read for a very long time!!

How the Fúck can we be a feeder club, we havn't sold any player of any worth to any large club ever!! (maybe with the excetion of Owen & Mcmanaman)

come on man get a grip, the papers are full of nonsense with speculation regarding som of our spine wanting to leave, but until thier is a quote from the mouth of a player and not just journo scum jibberjabber i'm not worried
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:34 pm

A feeder club!!.....   Image Image Image Image Image
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:47 pm

Have I missed something, has Torres been sold to Man City?
Have Monster Mash and Alonso both gone to Scunthorpe United?  Has Stevie G had a change of heart and moved onto greener pastures with a cashed up middle eastern club?

:upside:

What did you mean by Liverpool becoming a 'feeder' club to 'lesser' teams? Please explain Roberto Greenono?

Admin please do something about this character, lock this thread and ban this raving lunatic!  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion