Are we becoming a feeder club? - Will we lose our best players?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Are we becoming a feeder club? - Will we lose our best players?

YES
7%
NO
93%

Total votes : 57

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Who the f*ck are the two puddins that voted yes?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Who the f*ck are the two puddins that voted yes?

Hicks and Gillete :p
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:17 pm

How the fu.ck are we a feeder club when all the sausage rolls have gone by half time,the hot dogs are shi.te and the pies roasted to a crisp and totally inedible.....can't even get a drink 15 minutes before kick off...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:01 am

supersub wrote:How the fu.ck are we a feeder club when all the sausage rolls have gone by half time,the hot dogs are shi.te and the pies roasted to a crisp and totally inedible.....can't even get a drink 15 minutes before kick off...

You left the soggy chips out :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:49 am

when i was at school there was a chip shop we would go to at lunch time called feedres.............you did not need to know that.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:56 am

A feeder club ?!?! is this serious ?!?

And Ace i would suggest that Madrid is a bigger club than us in most aspects and Barcelona are pretty much equals
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 pm

GYBS wrote:A feeder club ?!?! is this serious ?!?

And Ace i would suggest that Madrid is a bigger club than us in most aspects and Barcelona are pretty much equals

i think in terms of world standing, both RM and barca are seen as "bigger" than us
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:00 pm

yea ?! hows that so ?! its like saying Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Aston Villa are bigger clubs than Chelsea are !

Today, both Barcelona and Real Madrid are seen as bigger clubs than Liverpool are... and its not just because they won more titles, its everything else taken into consideration (fan base, finances, league standings..etc)
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Number 9 wrote:How the fu'ck are we becoming a feeder club??
This is one of the stupidest threads ever like..WTF

All we have is rumours.Its the same every year.
Yes its a worry that Alonso and Masch MAY BE leaving but again these are only rumours!
Anyway if wee do let a big name go..we will bring another in to replace him and we move on from there!

In short..Are we becoming a feeder club?

NO..simple!

Spot on.  It's actually really good news, that so many of our players are wanted by top clubs.  It shows how great our team is.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:21 pm

aCe' wrote:

yea ?! hows that so ?! its like saying Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Aston Villa are bigger clubs than Chelsea are !

Today, both Barcelona and Real Madrid are seen as bigger clubs than Liverpool are... and its not just because they won more titles, its everything else taken into consideration (fan base, finances, league standings..etc)

So our agreeing with me  :Oo:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:13 am

Number 9 wrote:How the fu'ck are we becoming a feeder club??
This is one of the stupidest threads ever like..WTF

All we have is rumours.Its the same every year.
Yes its a worry that Alonso and Masch MAY BE leaving but again these are only rumours!
Anyway if wee do let a big name go..we will bring another in to replace him and we move on from there!

In short..Are we becoming a feeder club?

NO..simple!

spot on mate,also it has & will always be a case of that any top player wishes to leave our famous club,then we & have always replaced them with even better players i n or the so called future!

the one classic case being when keegan left, who did we replace him with -King Kenny! the rest is History as they say.

people will say that was then & this is now & the only thing i can say in that arguement is that there isn't the quality around in modern day football that a player wants or is capable of that ability or attitude to even want to commit himself to LFC, because of the way the game has changed so much. another example is Gary Gilespie- Top man in my book, he played in the reserves for years before he broke into the first team. we signed him from Coventry city & his attitude & commitment from day one made him & still today a great star. (the 1986 cup final)
singing his name when the team went up for the cup stands out for me!

players like that made Lfc retain it's history in being a club any player was & is proud to play for, not being a feeder club for anyone else! it's an insult to our history to suggest otherwise.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:52 am

Bit of a silly thread. First of all the phrase "feeder club" would apply to a club in the lower leagues in this country or abroad which plays our on loan youth players so uh no i don't think we are that. If the question is are we a selling club well to be honest i think every team is a selling club apart from Real Madrid who don't seem to worry about finances or how they are actually going to pay for they're players they just out bid other teams in the knowledge that the spanish government would never allow them to go bankrupt.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby loopyliverpool » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Just as we would all want to play for LFC a lot of the Spainish and Italians whoever would all like to play for the bigger clubs in their respective countries. I think us having a bunch of Spainish/Argentine players does leave us vulnerable to offers from Barca and Madrid whether we accept them or not but, generally speaking we are club that attracts players not sells them! In my time as a fan (all my life) I can only think of four notable examples of us selling or players moving on: Keegan to Hamburg (to experience foreign football) it turned into a blessing cos we get Dalglish; Rush to Juventus (to experience foreign football) it didn't work out he came back; Macmanaman and Owen (who both went on Bosman's for money and in fairness to play for a great side in Real). Players do move on from time to time and all clubs fill the void. Very few players stay at one club all their playing careers... but when they do they are normally normally natives playing for their nation's top teams: Gerrard/Carra for us; Giggs/Scholls etc for them; Raul and the chap with the bad hair etc for Madrid, Del piero for Juve... But when top players do move on like Henry, Ranaldo, Ronaldinho they go to other top clubs... What Im saying is these things happen and will continue to do so.. it's the nature of the beast Im afraid and we are not immune to it.
loopyliverpool

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:24 am

Thought id put this in here , in my eyes its a good idea if Rafa wanted to send anyone out to get first team experience where better than across the river, All of them going the same team, playin together week in week out, could only benafit us imo.

MCATEER TO EXPLORE REDS CONNECTION
James Carroll 08 July 2009

New Tranmere Rovers assistant manager Jason McAteer is hoping his club can forge a close working relationship with Liverpool.
The Reds will play their reserve fixtures at the League One side's Prenton Park stadium this season, and McAteer is also keen to utilise his former team for help and advice.

"It would be daft not to try and exploit some sort of relationship with the likes of Liverpool," he told LFC Magazine.

"I haven't been in the job long but anyone I've already spoken to at Liverpool has been first class.

"Along with the likes of Man City, United, Everton and Blackburn, Liverpool are one of several top clubs on our doorstep who we hope to be able to work with in some way.

"Money is tight at this level. It can be really difficult when you're working on the budgets a club like Tranmere has to.

"We have to work within our means so we would be stupid not to sit down and listen to the likes of Liverpool if they wanted to help in any way or offer some advice."

Around 60 players have turned out for both Liverpool and Tranmere over the years, including McAteer himself.

Only a small handful have done so via loan deals, however, but the ex-Reds full-back admits Rovers are open to the idea of blooding some Anfield youngsters should the opportunity arise.

"You're dealing with some of the biggest clubs in the world in the north west of England alone," he said.

"They have things to offer, even if it's just scouting reports, information about players at their clubs, facilities or whatever.

"I've often felt that Tranmere was a little bit shy in asking for stuff. I'm not saying that was anyone in particular's fault but the truth of the matter is that our relationships with other football clubs haven't been up to speed.

"There's no shame in going and asking for help from a Premier League club. This is something myself and John will be looking in to.

"If they want to lend us players and the quality is there we will be more than happy to take them and help with their football education.

"That applies to any club, not just Premier League clubs, but those in the Championship and even down to League Two."

The 38-year-old will serve as deputy to fellow former Kop idol John Barnes, who left his post with the Jamaican national team to take up the reins at Prenton Park last month.

McAteer believes having an Anfield legend at the helm will help Tranmere in their recruitment of new players.

"A lot of people will want to come and work with John," he added. "He's got such a good name in the game, which is great for Tranmere.

"The likes of Arsene Wenger takes his phone call. Rafa Benitez, Alex Ferguson, they all take his phone call.

"It's a definite advantage having John here at Tranmere simply because of who he is."
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:24 pm

excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'feeder club' ?

What would be a good example of one?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion