Are we becoming a feeder club? - Will we lose our best players?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Are we becoming a feeder club? - Will we lose our best players?

YES
7%
NO
93%

Total votes : 57

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:53 pm

Has any of our big players ever left (hmm *cough* Owen)? None of our big players have left yet. The papers are full of bollox. End of, really.

And no, we're not a shoddy feeder club. We are not Arsenal. We are not Newcastle f*cking United. Torres, Reina, Masherano, Alonso are all staying put. I'll be amazed if more than one of these actually goes, if any at all.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:02 pm

I agree with Emerald, I dont think anyone will be going anywhere, everyone needs to Image
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:16 pm

I think what the thread starter is getting at is that with all the publicity our owners have had with their loan problems it makes us vunderable to the other clubs as they will seek to exploit any problems. I would imagine if we didn't have such problems we wouldn't see so many silly rumors.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think what the thread starter is getting at is that with all the publicity our owners have had with their loan problems it makes us vunderable to the other clubs as they will seek to exploit any problems. I would imagine if we didn't have such problems we wouldn't see so many silly rumors.

Thanks for the support mate,

I wrote this thread this morning when I wasn't in the best frame of mind when I had read a few papers with all of our stars getting linked elsewhere which peed me off and since have had a time to reflect and time to think that maybe i was just been pessimistic and now know it is not one of the best topics I have ever come up with

:down:
roberto green

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Feeder club probably isn't the right term to use mate. Springboard maybe? I don't think so. Masch is just trying to get a pay rise but Xabi could argue he is still hurting from last summer. Anyway ultimatley all these clubs see us as more vunderable when stories are flying around about how much debt we are in ect.... We are a big club that is once again challanging for the league so we should probably expect this every summer to some extent. We have to make sure we pay the players what they deserve otherwise....well look at Arsenal.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:06 pm

I see where you were coming from on this one roberto but I think you just used the wrong term in feeder club
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Bav - arsenal have/had a wage bill 20m more than us a season.

I think the problem is we have some players who are giving eye-catching performances , but aren't winning trophies. That, plus the suspicion of financial problems makes for easy journo fodder???
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:16 pm

Oh really? I was under the impression their wage structure was a lot stricter in terms of who gets more ect....Guess not then. But still they have a problem holding onto their best players too.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 pm

Thats one of the risks of bringing in so many foreigners, there isnt the same sense of pride and loyalty.

One day it may spark a rush for the door but it doesnt mean we've become a feeder club - dont be daft soft lad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:44 pm

no we are not a feeder club but we could ended up being one.

football in 5 years time will be run by 6 clubs in the whole world, i dont see us being one.
football is going to change and most will not like it, Clubs like Man U and chelsea and Man City will have a team playing in Spain or somewhere it will be their main team, they might have a 2nd team in the prem or they might have to start in the lower divs). we will be left with a cut down verson of the prem due to money being pulled out of the game.

what i see is a european league with ten teams (to start with), each club will have to put up something like 50-70 mil to enter it, the olny time other clubs will get to play the top ten is in the CL.

football is changing and you got to live with it or give it up.

money has killed the game.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:51 pm

lakes10 wrote:no we are not a feeder club but we could ended up being one.

football in 5 years time will be run by 6 clubs in the whole world, i dont see us being one.
football is going to change and most will not like it, Clubs like Man U and chelsea and Man City will have a team playing in Spain or somewhere it will be their main team, they might have a 2nd team in the prem or they might have to start in the lower divs). we will be left with a cut down verson of the prem due to money being pulled out of the game.

what i see is a european league with ten teams (to start with), each club will have to put up something like 50-70 mil to enter it, the olny time other clubs will get to play the top ten is in the CL.

What are you on about lol

5 years time all this will have happened?  All that just sounds like madness, situation from another planet
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby DrPepe » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:15 pm

....or alternatively, we sell mascher for megabucks, buy a plethora of talent, win the league and rule the civilized world for the next 30 years  :D
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:17 pm

GOAT wrote:

What are you on about lol

5 years time all this will have happened?  All that just sounds like madness, situation from another planet

moves have already started to get it up and running and why? money, funded by the likes of Roman Abramovich.

Theres been talk about it for years but now the golf in the teams are so big and the big clubs dont like playing the likes of stoke as theres no money in it, but playing the likes of Real 4 times a year is much more to their taste.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:38 pm

What a shhhity topic

:D
roberto green

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:42 am

What a pointless thread. Due to our success last season unsurprisingly we get interest from other big clubs for our players and suddenly we're being touted as a feeder club. Do me a favour.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion