Warnock: our best left back? - In my opinion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:51 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:This may just be the football manager talking, and I've been wrong on this thread once already, but I thought Warnock was Irish? Or am I thinking of Potter? Or both? :O

i reckon you`re right, i`m pretty sure i`ve read something or heard somewhere that potter, even though he`s from the truly great city of liverpool has played for the irish under 21`s or something.
i`m not 100% sure but something tells me he`s got something to do with the irish set up.
i could be wrong though, usually am

:D

Pretty sure potter has represented ireland at some level, although he's blatantly not Irish!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:51 am

Risse/Warnock rotates at LB. Perhaps Rafa will put Traroe in the middle?
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:04 am

MCYan wrote:Risse/Warnock rotates at LB. Perhaps Rafa will put Traroe in the middle?

Traore is a disaster waiting to happen when he plays in the middle.  For a beanpole he's cr@p in the air and positionally unreliable.

He could maybe do a job on the left side of a back 3 as in champ lge final 2nd half, but thats not much good to us most of the time.  Left back is his best position.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:29 am

I too think, risse is wasted at left back. And at left wing, he is not a natural winger who could take on opposing defenders.

I would think risse's future will be in central midfield . He has bags of stamina. He has a great shot. He will do a good job there.

in fact, rafa put risse in central defence in 1 game, and he did well too.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:50 am

as for warnock, he will be a top-class left back. More games, and he will be as impt as carra is for us.

He can defend (which is crucial). He can cross the ball (impt for the 'new-age' fullback). And most of all, he gives 110% every match.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:47 am

Potter has played for Ireland I believe.

I think Traore may be used moe as a centre-half this season, with Riise either playing at left back or left wing depending on opposition, injuries etc.

Warnock was an important player in our CL run, he played excellently agiant Leverkusen if memory serves me right.  He should get a lot of first team football this season.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:48 am

Warnock is a good player .... but he always get injured ....
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:12 am

Zenden plays left back for Holland. Dont be surprised if you see Rafa switching him and Riise between games, or even during the game.

I dont know what they're doing with Kewell. He's obviously not in the plans for the left side of the team. He's a proven failure for us playing behind the striker. Yet I dont see him offered as trade bait as they're doing with Baros.

Warnock is a good prospect and shows much more maturity in the position than Traore.

Its a position thats there for him to take if he avoids injury.
tel

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:33 am

The_Rock wrote:I too think, risse is wasted at left back. And at left wing, he is not a natural winger who could take on opposing defenders.

I would think risse's future will be in central midfield . He has bags of stamina. He has a great shot. He will do a good job there.

in fact, rafa put risse in central defence in 1 game, and he did well too.

Monaco did try him out as a centre half and a central midfielder, but Houllier ignored that. But he does do a fair bit of scoring from the wing, so I'd keep him and Zenden as a partnership, switching throughout a game.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion