A Certain Sense of Realism - Step back to a step forward

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:05 pm

I bet that topic got your attention

How many people clicked on this and thought yes at last that idiot is off,  how many of you clicked on it and thought oh no this is terrible.

To start, I am not happy with last night and things have to change/get better but lets get some perspective.

I would like to discuss some points Ive seen so far

1.  The final in Athens,  it was a CL final and we were the better team but sometimes it goes against you, just ask Milan about Istanbul.  The tactics were good, we played and were beaten by a team that does have one or two good players. I think we have a divine right to lift big ears but so do clubs like Milan and Madrid. Two finals is not bad for a tinkering rotating Spaniard.

2.  We wont win the league its all over.  Ive supported Liverpool since the 70,s and it pains to me to admit this but we havent looked like league winners since Kenny left. This is the best chance Ive seen since then. We are unbeaten and we are not playing well but hanging on in there and getting points. One of my best mates is an Arsenal fan and knows his stuff.  He has nothing but praise for us and Benitez.  The horrible reality is that while we were nowhere near being champions the other clubs have invested hugely and have accumulated experience with their managers.  We are still playing catch up but we have caught up a lot.  The rest are not going to stand still,  speak to any decent Manu, Arsenal or Chelsea fans and they genuinely fear us although you will get abuse and stick as par the course.

3.  Rafa is stubborn.  Yes I agree 100% show me a top manager who isnt stubborn, has an ego etc.

4.  I spent and evening with Joey Jones last year and was shocked when he talked about Paisley and his ranting and raving when the team were rubbish, we get nostalgic about the past but there were hard times then as well and history proves that we got through those times as well.

Just to end.  In adversity we stand together simple as that
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:11 pm

In adversity we stand together :)

excellent post mate
Elchris

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:22 pm

In adversity you look for the right solution then implement it.

Going down with the ship is what you do when you dont have a lifeboat.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:24 pm

If Rafa is so smart then why did he wait until the 80th minute before bringing on crouch, that is beyond stubborn, that is idiotic and very bad management! The fans of Arsenal, Chelsea and especially manure are laughing their :censored: off at us and I can't really blame them. They aren't scared of us, get real why would they be, even Chelsea have turned the corner and are looking good again now.

I am so depressed that we will waste another season, I was actually dissapointed at the title of the thread, i wanted the news to be rafa has resigned effective immediately, and I don't care who else comes in, as anybody at this moment would be better than that clueless rafa. How in the name of hell can he give a post match interview where he says that his inspirational half time team talk was just carry on lads we are doing well, when we hardly created any chances. he has about as much tactical nouse as McClaren, i.e Feck all.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:27 pm

Reg wrote:In adversity you look for the right solution then implement it.

:bowdown  Spot on  Time to mutiny :buttrock  :pirate
heimdall

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:28 pm

heimdall wrote:If Rafa is so smart then why did he wait until the 80th minute before bringing on crouch, that is beyond stubborn, that is idiotic and very bad management! The fans of Arsenal, Chelsea and especially manure are laughing their :censored: off at us and I can't really blame them. They aren't scared of us, get real why would they be, even Chelsea have turned the corner and are looking good again now.

I am so depressed that we will waste another season, I was actually dissapointed at the title of the thread, i wanted the news to be rafa has resigned effective immediately, and I don't care who else comes in, as anybody at this moment would be better than that clueless rafa. How in the name of hell can he give a post match interview where he says that his inspirational half time team talk was just carry on lads we are doing well, when we hardly created any chances. he has about as much tactical nouse as McClaren, i.e Feck all.

Fell free to support another team.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:29 pm

taff makes some good points for a welshy  :nod
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:31 pm

taff wrote:I bet that topic got your attention

How many people clicked on this and thought yes at last that idiot is off,  how many of you clicked on it and thought oh no this is terrible.

To start, I am not happy with last night and things have to change/get better but lets get some perspective.

I would like to discuss some points Ive seen so far

1.  The final in Athens,  it was a CL final and we were the better team but sometimes it goes against you, just ask Milan about Istanbul.  The tactics were good, we played and were beaten by a team that does have one or two good players. I think we have a divine right to lift big ears but so do clubs like Milan and Madrid. Two finals is not bad for a tinkering rotating Spaniard.

2.  We wont win the league its all over.  Ive supported Liverpool since the 70,s and it pains to me to admit this but we havent looked like league winners since Kenny left. This is the best chance Ive seen since then. We are unbeaten and we are not playing well but hanging on in there and getting points. One of my best mates is an Arsenal fan and knows his stuff.  He has nothing but praise for us and Benitez.  The horrible reality is that while we were nowhere near being champions the other clubs have invested hugely and have accumulated experience with their managers.  We are still playing catch up but we have caught up a lot.  The rest are not going to stand still,  speak to any decent Manu, Arsenal or Chelsea fans and they genuinely fear us although you will get abuse and stick as par the course.

3.  Rafa is stubborn.  Yes I agree 100% show me a top manager who isnt stubborn, has an ego etc.

4.  I spent and evening with Joey Jones last year and was shocked when he talked about Paisley and his ranting and raving when the team were rubbish, we get nostalgic about the past but there were hard times then as well and history proves that we got through those times as well.

Just to end.  In adversity we stand together simple as that

Top post taff , no matter what your opinion of rafa and his tactics are, i know that the majority who do critisize or question him and i will name the ones i know namely bigmick peewee and bm ( sorry for naming you lads).They want nothing more or less than us so called happy clappies. They want rafa and liverpool to succeed. Just to let everyone know that most posters want what's best for liverpool and that really is the crux of the matter. YNWA. :)
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:32 pm

taff wrote:I bet that topic got your attention

For the record, I thought "what absolute b*llocks".  :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Elchris » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:34 pm

Reg wrote:In adversity you look for the right solution then implement it.

We as fans should stand together rather then banging on the manager to resign... Rafa for sure will try to find solution on our current slump. The ship won't sink  :upside:
Elchris

Postby lakes10 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:37 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
heimdall wrote:If Rafa is so smart then why did he wait until the 80th minute before bringing on crouch, that is beyond stubborn, that is idiotic and very bad management! The fans of Arsenal, Chelsea and especially manure are laughing their :censored: off at us and I can't really blame them. They aren't scared of us, get real why would they be, even Chelsea have turned the corner and are looking good again now.

For you Leon
You might need new ones in the next few weeks.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:41 pm

I respect everyones views

Why cant some people just respect the fact that I think we will get through this and challenge for the league.  I genuinely think we have the right man for the job.

I laughed at your rose glasses lakes but I do feel that the doom and gloom brigade are sensitive to anyone who thinks the team will win something this year
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:45 pm

heimdall wrote:he has about as much tactical nouse as McClaren, i.e Feck all.

If this is heat of the moment then I shall ignore it.  If you are serious then we will never agree

The Daily Mail are looking for some knee jerk reporters
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:56 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

This is called a discussion Leon and people are allowed to express themselves, no need to try to intimidate people into silence, thats what african dictators do.

And you wouldnt want to be one of those would ya ?? :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:03 pm

Reg wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

This is called a discussion Leon and people are allowed to express themselves, no need to try to intimidate people into silence, thats what african dictators do.

And you wouldnt want to be one of those would ya ?? :laugh:

Purple Aki  :laugh:
LFC2007

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion