Forget the past look forward - We need to stop looking back!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby germanyred » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:43 am

It is time we stop looking at what we have done in the past and concentrate on the future too many of our fans expect the current manager too do the things that shankly/ Paisley did lets be realistic we are still well short of the teams like manure  and arsenal but we are getting closer but we need to keep our feet on the ground.
germanyred

Postby its cold in the stands shadow » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:01 pm

how do you know where you are going if you dont know where you have been?
our history is not a millstone around our necks and the fact we are the most succesfull club in the country that is regarded as the home of football is one that makes me very proud.
our history should be celebrated.
its cold in the stands shadow

Postby supersub » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:13 pm

Here,here
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:36 am

yeah sorry germanyred but i agree with the others on this one,
we can't sit back with no aspirations ,we have to remember the past and our players need to as well because they need to understand what we want from them and anything shorter than 100% commitment to lfc is what we need (NO ITS WHAT WE HAVE TO EXPECT), we were and will be once again the most feared team in England if we and our players remember where we were 10 years ago its no good being second best when we know we can be the best is it   :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby Manufan » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:47 pm

The problem is if you live in the past people stop respecting you. Im too young to remember liverpools glory days and when i hear them in responce to man utd's recent succes it just seems sad.
Manufan

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:41 pm

Then you've never heard of Best,Charlton,Law,Kidd?
Busby babes a mystery to you?
Your respect for a club is earned through feats achieved over a long period not over a short-while.
Respect your elders not the young whipper-snapper.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:01 pm

Manufan should think again about his criticism in relation to our history. Fan bases are built on history and it's the things that clubs did in the past that are used to measure the teams of the present. Liverpool certainly have had glorious moments in history, but Manufan should remember that Uniteds fan base was established world wide following the achievements of the Busby Babes and that tragic crash in Munich.
I remember as a young kid in Liverpool seeing the pictures of that terrible crash and I remember feeling pain when Duncan Edwards died - probably one of the best wing halves in the history of British Football. I could only admire United as they carried on in Europe despite losing most of the team in the crash. The fan base grew considerably for united in the years that followed, and good luck to them.
So don't write history off Manufan, because one day you to will look back on this current Man U side and feel a glow of pride. Of course, by then the mighty Liverpool will be back in its rightful place - on top.
Who said nostalgia was a thing of the past.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:41 am

FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:09 pm

Just need to add to the list:
'The best and most knowledgeable fans in the world'
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:31 pm

germanyred wrote:It is time we stop looking at what we have done in the past and concentrate on the future too many of our fans expect the current manager too do the things that shankly/ Paisley did lets be realistic we are still well short of the teams like manure  and arsenal but we are getting closer but we need to keep our feet on the ground.

With comments like that it is no wonder we are in the state that we are in now.
Besides I dont think we are any closer to being Englands best club again.
116-1065305004

Postby azriahmad » Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:50 am

I agree with beavis, we are not getting any closer and will continus to stagnate or regress (I hate to say this!!) if we keep on with Houllier. Being realistic, Liverpool does not panic and probably Houllier will be asked to go at the end of the season.
If this does not happen, then we loyal fans should start to panic...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:44 pm

We should aim high because that is where we belong, at the top. Just typical of a manu fan to comment on something they know nothing about. If he hasn't known the highs of Liverpool FC then he has only been a supporter since manu starting winning things. We are beginning to look like also rans and that simply isn't good enough. Houllier knows the history of the club and should not be dragging us down to mid-table mediocrity. One manc fan on another site pointed out that manu are rapidly gaining on our record 18 Championship titles, we are just getting further and further behind with another team at the top to compete with. If we were making steady progress then it would be something but a one-off 2nd place does not constitute progress IMO.

On Houllier comparing his achievements in the first 5 years with Ferguson's - does this mean we should expect to see eight titles in ten years? While he may be in front at the five year mark, how will he compare once Ferguson's years of domination come into it?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:46 pm

only read the title, completly AGREE

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:00 am

GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby jamaefc » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:18 pm

I agree you have to stop looking back...Everton fans had to quickly stop looking back and realize that were not a top team anymore.  Liverpool fans have just found that difficult to do and still have their heads in the clouds.  Under GH you are continuing to step backwards.

Thank god for GH
jamaefc

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion