Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Lee J wrote:match of the day - fk the rest of telly cos it's only reality sh!ote

Sad but true. Too many dire remakes of TV series (Dr Who, Knight Rider etc), films and reality TV overload, with the ever increasing number of what you might call "repeat ad nauseam" channels where they show old TV that has/hasn't yet been remade and three times in 24 hours, plus the films repetition like Scooby Doo etc.

It's hard to find something worth watching, even with the channels going up to about 38 on freeview. You do stumble across the odd gem by the law of averages, ended up watching the invincibles last night and it wasn't too OTT or silly, thoroughly watchable.

Big Bang Theory is quite good, some good humour in it. Sheldon has to be the best comedy character around at the moment. Here's a few quotes from the last episode of the last series :

Leonard: I don't think I can go to the North Pole.
Sheldon: OK, Leonard, I know you're concerned about disappointing me, but I want you to take comfort from the knowledge that my expectations of you are very low.

Raj: Is [inviting us to the North Pole] just so we won't touch your stuff while you're away?
Sheldon: I'll admit that was a concern, but the fact is I'll need a support team, and the three of you are my first choice.
Howard: Really?
Sheldon: Well, there are others who might be more qualified, but the thought of interviewing them gave me a stomach ache.

Leonard: Sheldon, what are the words I can say right now to end this conversation and let me go back to sleep?
Sheldon: Odd, President Seibert presented the exact same question.
Leonard: How was it resolved?
Sheldon: It wasn't. His wife set their dogs on me and rendered the question moot.

The Friendship Algorithm is an absolute classic, Sheldon trying to make friends with Barry Kripke to gain favours to use equipment at the University. The Cushion Saturation is good, Sheldon's "spot" on the sofa gets accidentally caught in the crossfire literally by a paintball gun leading to the eventual revelation that the takeaways Sheldon has been eating aren't from the Szechuan Palace as he had believed

(Penny is sitting on the couch, in Sheldon's spot)
Sheldon: You're in my spot.
Penny: Are you planning on sitting here?
Sheldon: No, I'm going to the comic book store.
Penny: Then what difference does it make?
Sheldon: (incredulous) "What difference does it make?"
Leonard: Here we go.
Sheldon: That is my spot. In an ever-changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, at the moment I first sat on it, would be (0,0,0,0).
Penny: What?
Leonard: Don't sit in his spot.

(Penny moves and says "are you happy now?" and Sheldon replies "I'm not unhappy")
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Lost for me

Returns on Feb 2nd, it will have a 1 hour recap episode followed by a 2 hour prermiere  :buttrock  get in there
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:25 pm

24 Day 8 Jacks back  :buttrock

24 Day 8 promo

24 day 8 behind the scenes

After "Pacific" and maybe Supernatural this is the show i'm most looking forward too.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:35 pm

dawson99 wrote:theres more woof, its set in the 70s and present at the moment, theres bombs, time travel, ghosts, eternal life people... its all alittle weird

but seriously, Heroes restarted last night on bbc2, not a single advert about it!

i better not miss supernatural starting on living

I know!

So annoyed. Means having to watch the double episode on iplayer.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:42 pm

CSi starts tuesday meh
Glee starts tonight on e4, meant to be funny, will give it a go
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

dawson99 wrote:CSi starts tuesday meh
Glee starts tonight on e4, meant to be funny, will give it a go

GAY !!!!!!

Its all about dancing and singing - do you watch strictly - so you think you can dance on ice with talent but no x factor as well

:help
Benny The Noon

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:27 am

Spartucus Blood and Sand is coming over here. Seems to be mostly British actors.  For some reason American audiences will only believe Ancient Greek and Roman movies if they are done with a British/Australian Accent or buy a British/Australian actor.  Doesn't actually look good, but it probably should have been good. So much drama you can make with the senate and gladiators and such.
JoeTerp

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 am

JoeTerp wrote:Spartucus Blood and Sand is coming over here. Seems to be mostly British actors.  For some reason American audiences will only believe Ancient Greek and Roman movies if they are done with a British/Australian Accent or buy a British/Australian actor.  Doesn't actually look good, but it probably should have been good. So much drama you can make with the senate and gladiators and such.

For some reason American audiences will only believe Ancient Greek and Roman movies if they are done with a British/Australian Accent

A bit before your time Joe but if you ever saw John Wayne as a roman centurion in "The Greatest Story Ever Told" you'd understand the reasons why.  :D 
The trailer for
Blood and Sand
doesn't look too bad
Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:23 am

its hard to tell from just the trailer, but the acting looks like its not going to be at a very high level, and I also get a vibe of a sort of soap opera plot and little depth to the characters. It is going to be on Starz which isn't really known for having original tv series.

just looked at the shows wiki page:

the show has been advertised as featuring some of the most graphic sex scenes ever produced on television

guess I'll be watching :D
JoeTerp

Postby laza » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 am

Looks good, if it half as good as HBO Rome it will be well worth watching
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 am

rome and deadwood were shows that did not reach their proper ending imo
JoeTerp

Postby laza » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am

Agree Joe , Deadwood got cut down long before it should have.

Material in Rome could have stretched over 5 seasons but im guessing the budget couldnt
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:05 pm

I thought Glee was good  :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:40 am

Apparently  Supernatural Season 5 will be on Living tv from 10th Feb

New season of numb3rs started last night on channel 5
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 am

i can't get too excited about that blood and sand thing myself. the dialogue sounds like its been put through the roman drama recyclotron, the use the same sound effect every time someone gets cut, and they persist with that fecking annoying slow motion jumping and spinning round thing that the matrix started.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum