Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:19 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:40 pm wrote:Jeez, bugger all footy right now and struggling to find any TV worth watching.

No how you feel Woof, I'd be embarrassed to mention some of the stuff I have found myself watching  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:08 pm

Well latest episode of True Detective certainly fired up
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:36 pm

laza » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:08 pm wrote:Well latest episode of True Detective certainly fired up

:nod , yeah, the second season may not (so far) be as cerebral (?) as the first  but it's certainly making up for it in the body count department, not often, if ever, you see so many cops getting blown away in a gun battle.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:11 am

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:36 am wrote:
laza » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:08 pm wrote:Well latest episode of True Detective certainly fired up

:nod , yeah, the second season may not (so far) be as cerebral (?) as the first  but it's certainly making up for it in the body count department, not often, if ever, you see so many cops getting blown away in a gun battle.

Yeah pretty visceral little street battle but I guess that what happens when you bring handguns to a submachine gun fight
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Woof. Are you watching Mr Robot? If not, why not?
Best show on TV. Would love to get your take
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:38 am

metalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:31 am wrote:LOL, that's the worst part Laza :laugh:

been reading lots of theories and discussions on future scenarios but I was like B^llocks, George rr martin hates us.

Haven't got the call-up for Season 6 yet, but it's still early days.....

On the perforation of John Snow subject, Kit Harrington has been spending a lot of time in Belfast lately, and I can't imagine any reason why he'd want to do that unless he's working, so I really don't think he's out of it.
I do think he'll die, but I also reckon the red priestess Melissandre or maybe even the guy that keeps reanimating Beric Dondarrion (Thoros?) might get involved and give him a jump-start. We shall see.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:08 pm

dawson99 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:25 pm wrote:Woof. Are you watching Mr Robot? If not, why not?

Watched the first 2 episodes due to your post Dawson. The pilot was awesome. Thanks for the intro.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:40 pm

maguskwt » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:08 pm wrote:
dawson99 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:25 pm wrote:Woof. Are you watching Mr Robot? If not, why not?

Watched the first 2 episodes due to your post Dawson. The pilot was awesome. Thanks for the intro.

I don't come on much, but when I do it's awesome  :buttrock
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:03 pm

dawson99 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:25 pm wrote:Woof. Are you watching Mr Robot? If not, why not?

Hi Dawsinio  :D , good too see you still dropping in here from time to time.

re Mr Robot, yeah I've been following it but tbh my initial enthusiasm has cooled a bit, guess I'm getting impatient waiting for something major to actually happen  :D  (disclaimer, haven't watched this weeks episode yet).

Have been enjoying "Halt and Catch Fire" anyone halfway interested in the development of our technological age since the 80's, computers, video games, chat rooms, the internet , broadband etc etc etc would find this pretty cool.

Now in it's second season, if you haven't seen it, deffo worth a look

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:23 am

Anybody watching The Brink

Early days and Jack Black isn't hitting his straps for me just yet
But Tim Robbins has been pretty good value

laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Soupyzrx » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:13 pm wrote:Yeah, it's really good fun lads. Really, really silly sometimes, but fascinating to see the amount of effort that goes into the shows, and the number of people involved is staggering.
The Hardhome sequences from the other night were filmed in Magheramorne Quarry in County Antrim, which is handy as it is literally 5 minutes from my house, making travelling to the set a bit of a breeze for me last year. :nod  (In fact, if you put 'Magheramorne Quarry' into Google Maps, you can see Castle Black tight in against the quarry cliff face and the Castle walls of King's Landing down at the lake, where the Battle of the Blackwater was filmed years ago. That is also the lake where the Hardhome camp was set up and all that was filmed for the last episode of GoT. The bits on the rowing boats an' all was done in the lake.
Most of the other extras are brought to the sets from Belfast by coach, and given that we were usually wanted on set for 4am it meant I could get an extra hour in my scratcher over all the other poor buggers.
People travel from all over to 'extra' on the show. There were a load of guys over from England and Scotland, and a few over from America and Canada. Crazy. I travel 5 minutes, they travelled halfway round the world!
One lad I got to know was traveling up from Cork by bus, which was taking him seven and a half hours! He ended up kipping in my spare room, cos by the time he'd paid bus fares and for hotel rooms, it was actually costing him money to take part.
They're currently starting to film Season 6 and if I get back in for this one, this'll be my 5th year as an extra on the show. I've been one of Robb Stark's Bannermen, a Grey Bannerman at the Red Wedding, One of Locke's henchmen working for Roose Bolton when Jaime Lannister got his hand chopped off and was brought to Harrenhal, one of Stannis' soldiers and last year, a Wildling, doing Wildling sh1t.
Hoping to maybe get into the Night's Watch this year, but I'll have to wait and see....
It's just about the only time in my life that being a long-haired beardy-bo11ocks has been advantageous to me!

Been purposely avoiding this thread since I wasn't up to date with the series so I've just seen this. Good read mate and thanks for sharing, must be fun being part of the show and seeing the cool sets.

As for the show itself, the season wasn't much, expected more TBH, but the 8th and 10th episode were one of the best I've seen so far, especially the 8th. Can't believe that happened at the end but (SPOILER AHEAD) - I think the story is too far forward for Jon to die, there aren't many more important characters than him and there aren't any other characters that can keep the Truce With The Free Folk and the White Walkers Threat stories moving forward. Don't know how he's going to survive after that stabbing but they better not remove him from the show since he's by far the best character.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:18 am

Soupyzrx » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:38 am wrote:
metalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:31 am wrote:LOL, that's the worst part Laza :laugh:

been reading lots of theories and discussions on future scenarios but I was like B^llocks, George rr martin hates us.

Haven't got the call-up for Season 6 yet, but it's still early days.....

On the perforation of John Snow subject, Kit Harrington has been spending a lot of time in Belfast lately, and I can't imagine any reason why he'd want to do that unless he's working, so I really don't think he's out of it.
I do think he'll die, but I also reckon the red priestess Melissandre or maybe even the guy that keeps reanimating Beric Dondarrion (Thoros?) might get involved and give him a jump-start. We shall see.

I was hoping after that season that all the walkers just waltz in and kill everyone.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:18 am

laza » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:23 am wrote:Anybody watching The Brink

Early days and Jack Black isn't hitting his straps for me just yet
But Tim Robbins has been pretty good value

I heard a new show called ''The Robot'' looks good mate.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Havent seen that one yet MH

I wonder what this new Walking dead spin off will be like which is being released next month?

laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:31 am

Sorry Laza, new show is called ''Mr. Robot'' :laugh:

It's about a group of hackers trying to bring down corporations that rules the world.

watched the first episode so far, did not disappoint

I stopped watching the Walking Dead after season 3.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum