Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Soupyzrx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:50 am

laza » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:15 am wrote:LOL good stuff mate and thanks for sharing

Talk about right place right time

Did you finally watch the episode ?

Yeah, crackin' episode.
All the storylines with the Stark kids was starting to get a bit tedious (imho), but that last episode picked up the pace again. Well good.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:24 am

By the way, Laza, apologies for droning on in that post yesterday. It was only when I re-read it this morning that I realised how dull it was. Not a very interesting read. I do apologise.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:52 pm

While we're talking about GoT. I read all the books a few years back, maybe my memory is getting a bit fuzzy OR the tv series has changed some of the original story.

I don't remember reading about Tyrion Lanister ever meeting up with Daenerys Targaryen and the woman that married Ramsay Bolton was not Sansa Stark but in fact was Sansa's best friend Jeyne Poole who was sent acting as an imposter for Sansa's younger sister Arya Stark to marry Ramsay (Snow) Bolton.

The TV show in it's dumbing down process has just added more wrinkles for those of us who've read the books which in themselves were already often confusing.   :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:31 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:52 pm wrote:While we're talking about GoT. I read all the books a few years back, maybe my memory is getting a bit fuzzy OR the tv series has changed some of the original story.

I don't remember reading about Tyrion Lanister ever meeting up with Daenerys Targaryen and the woman that married Ramsay Bolton was not Sansa Stark but in fact was Sansa's best friend Jeyne Poole who was sent acting as an imposter for Sansa's younger sister Arya Stark to marry Ramsay (Snow) Bolton.

The TV show in it's dumbing down process has just added more wrinkles for those of us who've read the books which in themselves were already often confusing.   :p

No Woof they admitted the show would be diverging from the books more and more now we are past the books. Apparently there was  also a report that characters who are alive in the books can now die in the series. Not sure how true that is, though I guess it was only going to be expected that some of the characters would be omitted and current cast given the roles due to limitations of a TV series.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Soupyzrx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:24 pm wrote:By the way, Laza, apologies for droning on in that post yesterday. It was only when I re-read it this morning that I realised how dull it was. Not a very interesting read. I do apologise.

No worries at all  Soup mate, found it very interesting.
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:22 am

laza » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:31 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:52 pm wrote:While we're talking about GoT. I read all the books a few years back, maybe my memory is getting a bit fuzzy OR the tv series has changed some of the original story.

No Woof they admitted the show would be diverging from the books more and more now we are past the books. Apparently there was  also a report that characters who are alive in the books can now die in the series. Not sure how true that is, though I guess it was only going to be expected that some of the characters would be omitted and current cast given the roles due to limitations of a TV series.

Yeah, it's not as if the books weren't confusing enough, with five bazillion characters and storylines to keep abreast of, but add in the conflict of things on screen not happening the way your memory of the books tells you they should, just make things even more challenging for one of advancing years, like meself lol.
You know the way you  visualise the story when you’re reading such a descriptive book? Well, there are certain bits that I’m not sure whether I am remembering events from the tv show or whether it is something that I have imagined in my head while reading the books.
In the first couple of seasons, they were following the narrative so closely in places that I could actually recognise the dialogue from having read the books, and I knew what certain people were going to say before they said it, if you know what I mean?
They are monkeying about with the story to change it for the benefit of the tv show and you’re right Laza, they will be splitting off more, now they’ve overtaken the books.
F’rigsample, the Hardhome bits from the last episode were never covered in the books, it was just mentioned  from a report sent down by raven which described the Wildlings being massacred on the beach by skeletons, as witnessed from ships moored offshore. There’s no denying that it was a good idea to pick up that thread though, it made for awesome viewing, and was class fun to do.
I think that’s a bit of a pity when they start to change things though, but I guess they had to, since they hadn’t got the book to work from, although at the end of last year there was talk of the tv show taking a year off to let George Martin finish the next book and get on with the one after that, but that was never gonna happen, HBO could not risk the show losing its momentum.
There have been lots of talks and Martin is still heavily involved so that the tv show does not veer off irretrievably far from his story.
He has also told the production team where his story finally ends up because he’s been in very poor health for some years and he wanted them to know where it ends, in case he pops his clogs before he gets the books finished! He’s very keen that the televised version reaches the same conclusion as his books, not surprisingly.
HBO lease the whole quarry at Magheramorne all year round, so that they don’t have to dismantle the sets when they’re not filming, so when I walk the dog in round the quarry, I can nosey about round the sets. That is, until we get spotted by the security guys, but we just leg-it when we see the Land Rover coming. Last year one of the crew told me that HBO have another two years’ lease on the quarry, and that they are planning another two seasons of the tv show, and then a movie as a grand finale.
They have another couple of permanent sites around NI, like the Harrenhal set, which is amazing, almost as good as Castle Black. All scaffolding poles and plywood and yellow builder’s foam from the outside, but once you walk in through the gates you are transported into a mediaeval castle; really, really well done, very impressive. Such a lot of work goes into the production, with meticulous attention to detail. I guess that's what makes it look so good on screen.
Shit, Laza, I’ve done it again. Rambling, mindless drivel. Sorry.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:25 pm

I don't know where to begin to explain how much I hate the author and directors of the Game of Thrones series :laugh:

ruined my evening the last episode
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:41 am

metalhead » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:25 am wrote:I don't know where to begin to explain how much I hate the author and directors of the Game of Thrones series :laugh:

ruined my evening the last episode

LOL MH and now have to wait a bloody year for the resolution
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:31 am

LOL, that's the worst part Laza :laugh:

been reading lots of theories and discussions on future scenarios but I was like B^llocks, George rr martin hates us.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:15 pm

metalhead » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:31 pm wrote:LOL, that's the worst part Laza :laugh:

been reading lots of theories and discussions on future scenarios but I was like B^llocks, George rr martin hates us.

Yeah MH mate, I have been avoiding all that as its only going wind me up for far too long before series 6 arrives :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Jeez, bugger all footy right now and struggling to find any TV worth watching.

Having said that ( :D ) I'm thankfull for the return of Ray Donovan and the underrated undercover cop show Graceland, also after an initial "can I be arsed to watch this" I'm warming to Colin Farrel in the second series of True Detective.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:29 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:Jeez, bugger all footy right now and struggling to find any TV worth watching.

Having said that ( :D ) I'm thankfull for the return of Ray Donovan and the underrated undercover cop show Graceland, also after an initial "can I be arsed to watch this" I'm warming to Colin Farrel in the second series of True Detective.

I'm really struggling with the second series mate ,I mean how do you follow the exquisiteness of the writers craft that went into the first series.  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:38 pm

I'm struggling with True detective series 2 as well
Partly my own fault I shouldn't have watched the movie Dodgeball the weekend before it started :D

Anybody watch Netflix series Sense8 , despite problems with running different stories of a large cast it had me hooked from the start
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:50 am

I got the entire series of Sense8 Laza but after just 2 episodes I gave up and deleted the whole file, it just didn't grab me. Maybe I should have persevered with it ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:57 pm

Each to his own Woof

A couple of story lines I didn't take too or found to cliché but for most part I really enjoyed the series especially the Korean girl
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum