Tennis thread

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:09 am

no Lando, thats naivie, any extra arsenal you can use to get an upepr hand should be used, and sometimes the double handed backhand gives you the extra edge. Id rather be able to use it just in case than just rely on the single hander.

Single hander against the person who can do both? The one who can do both has the edge. simple as.

And you watch Nadal use the double handed backhand and call him a pu$$y mate :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:53 am

dawson99 wrote:no Lando, thats naivie, any extra arsenal you can use to get an upepr hand should be used, and sometimes the double handed backhand gives you the extra edge. Id rather be able to use it just in case than just rely on the single hander.

Single hander against the person who can do both? The one who can do both has the edge. simple as.

It's very rare for a player to use both single and double-handed backhands. Very rare.

The only times I have seen it are when the little pansies have no other choice BUT to hit a single-hander because the inferior and largely homosexual double-hander can't reach.

It's a restrictive aesthetic abomination which, more importantly, is very, very gay.

Nothing will change my stance on this as I see it day-in, day-out. I coach tennis, and when the kids play opposition sides, they're all very "ooh" and very "ahh" when they're hitting their shots, but they're all the same. Single-handed top-spin forehand, double-handed backhand slice. 80-shot rallies where mistakes win games.

That's not tennis, that's a masturbating competition for the coaches.

Where are the characters? The players with that little extra bit of talent who aren't afraid to break away from the current "norm"?

It's b*llocks. A good few years ago I played against up-and-coming England Internationals in doubles matches. They were very, very well-versed at hitting the ball with pace and top-spin, when the ball was hit with pace and top-spin to them in the first instance. Trouble was - they didn't much like it when someone DIDN'T hit it how they'd been taught to receive it.

Throw in a couple of varied shots which change the pace, put them on the back foot, then tw*t it at the baseline hard and flat like a man possessed and they suddenly start looking very ordinary.

The trouble this Country has, which I found out and how during one such match, is that people are scared of a person's ranking, rather than looking at their weaknesses and exploiting them. My partner on this occasion (admittedly a few years back now) caught wind of the fact that this particular pairing we were facing comprised of a lad ranked 3rd in the Country at U15 level, and his 19 year old partner whom had been coached by an ex-England Davis Cup Captain (Paid for by Mummy and Daddy, of course.)

If I remember rightly, we ended up losing 6-4, 6-3, or thereabouts. Against "International class" players. Had my partner not choked like a nancy before we'd even hit a shot, the scores would easily have been reversed. He lost his bottle without actually having seen them play. They were very good at hitting his nicey-nice faggot shots. They hardly missed a beat.

They didn't care too much for my approach, though.They didn't feel so at home against someone who likes to change the pace, draw people into the net then a*sehole the ball past them about an inch over the net. They couldn't handle that at all, because it wasn't part of their training.
As soon as they were rattled, they started cheating like the f*cking b*stards they truly were. Calling shots out that landed 3 feet inside the baseline, and not just the odd-one either. The scores would have been a damn-sight closer but for their devious petulance.
We didn't have an Umpire, more's the pity, as players in that league were supposedly "trustworthy".

I've also played against a 14 year old who had already won several international U15 tournaments and will no-doubt go on to be the next England number nobody and a bloke of about 40 - probably his dad.
He wasn't quite as fortunate in this match - a different partner for me saw us batter them in straight sets.
In fairness to him, he was a cracking little player and took defeat on the chin. I actually hope he makes it, but I've never heard of him since.

I have never been a defensive player. I will hit the odd sliced backhand or lob if I'm out of position or a tonk isn't really an option, but my game is all about looking at the weaknesses of players and tw*tting them around the court.
The majority of players at my level now just cannot handle out-and-out power. They can hit some tremendous shots, but they can't handle real pace when it's accurate. I find that this rings true at every level you play at. No matter how good someone is, there has to come a point when they can't react to a shot - that's just physics.

If you can't out-hit them, then you go for other "killer" shots - drops-shots, spin-shots, disguised-shots.

You should always have a winning shot in your locker, otherwise you never really win a match - the opposition loses it through their mistakes. Waiting for this, just returning the ball like and obedient spaniel just baffles me. It's like marrying a corpse - you get the ring, but you don't get the fulfillment.

These new players are all the same. Nadal is just a stonger and more talented version of Murray, and so on until you get to those punks I played all those years ago.

If you were watching though frosted glass, you could be forgiven for thinking that they were the same person.

It's conformist, rubbish, boring, robotic bullsh*t and it really needs f*cking off for the good of the game...
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:33 am

i'm looking forward to the day that one of these largely homosexual, faggotty, very very gay nonces shoves your tennis racquet straight up your jacksy, you homophobic piece of camel dung. i've a feeling you'll like it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:18 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Double-handed back-hands are for players who are too weak or technically inferior to control the racquet with the one hand.

It really is as simple as that.

And I thought Federer was being given a lesson? :D

Wrong.

Link

Statistics show that the double-handed backhand is now the dominant choice among professional players.

It gives more power and control on return of serve and on high balls, which are two crucial areas in the modern game.

A couple of points:

1. The person in the video is a woman. - Score 1 for Lando.

2. It says "It gives more power and control". Score 2 for Lando.

What EXACTLY was your argument, again?

1) Whats that got to do with it? Does it say anything about this technique being used more in womens tennis? No. Score 2 for Bav.

2) Im sorry what? You never even made a mention of how much more power or control it gives you only said it was inferior and used by people who are not as strong.

You have done nothing but cause infighting since you posted in this thread. I want this thread to stay open so we can discuss Queens and Wimbledon too so stop with your silly homophobic nonsense as it's boring. Go start your own Tennis thread where you gaybash till your hearts content. PS You know those who tend to use homophobic comments when berating people are probably subsconciously gay anyway.  :D

Not trying to have a pop at you but seriosuly mate your ruining this thread. Can't you just be nice instead of being so c.unty?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Anyway back to the Tennis i'm really looking forward to the Womens final today. I think it will be a close call but my money is on Kuznetsova to win.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:34 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
dawson99 wrote:no Lando, thats naivie, any extra arsenal you can use to get an upepr hand should be used, and sometimes the double handed backhand gives you the extra edge. Id rather be able to use it just in case than just rely on the single hander.

It's very rare for a player to use both single and double-handed backhands. Very rare.

The only times I have seen it are when the little pansies have no other choice BUT to hit a single-hander because the inferior and largely homosexual double-hander can't reach.

It's a restrictive aesthetic abomination which, more importantly, is very, very gay.

Nothing will change my stance on this as I see it day-in, day-out. I coach tennis, and when the kids play opposition sides, they're all very "ooh" and very "ahh" when they're hitting their shots, but they're all the same. Single-handed top-spin forehand, double-handed backhand slice. 80-shot rallies where mistakes win games.

That's not tennis, that's a masturbating competition for the coaches.

Where are the characters? The players with that little extra bit of talent who aren't afraid to break away from the current "norm"?

It's b*llocks. A good few years ago I played against up-and-coming England Internationals in doubles matches. They were very, very well-versed at hitting the ball with pace and top-spin, when the ball was hit with pace and top-spin to them in the first instance. Trouble was - they didn't much like it when someone DIDN'T hit it how they'd been taught to receive it.

Throw in a couple of varied shots which change the pace, put them on the back foot, then tw*t it at the baseline hard and flat like a man possessed and they suddenly start looking very ordinary.

The trouble this Country has, which I found out and how during one such match, is that people are scared of a person's ranking, rather than looking at their weaknesses and exploiting them. My partner on this occasion (admittedly a few years back now) caught wind of the fact that this particular pairing we were facing comprised of a lad ranked 3rd in the Country at U15 level, and his 19 year old partner whom had been coached by an ex-England Davis Cup Captain (Paid for by Mummy and Daddy, of course.)

If I remember rightly, we ended up losing 6-4, 6-3, or thereabouts. Against "International class" players. Had my partner not choked like a nancy before we'd even hit a shot, the scores would easily have been reversed. He lost his bottle without actually having seen them play. They were very good at hitting his nicey-nice faggot shots. They hardly missed a beat.

They didn't care too much for my approach, though.They didn't feel so at home against someone who likes to change the pace, draw people into the net then a*sehole the ball past them about an inch over the net. They couldn't handle that at all, because it wasn't part of their training.
As soon as they were rattled, they started cheating like the f*cking b*stards they truly were. Calling shots out that landed 3 feet inside the baseline, and not just the odd-one either. The scores would have been a damn-sight closer but for their devious petulance.
We didn't have an Umpire, more's the pity, as players in that league were supposedly "trustworthy".

I've also played against a 14 year old who had already won several international U15 tournaments and will no-doubt go on to be the next England number nobody and a bloke of about 40 - probably his dad.
He wasn't quite as fortunate in this match - a different partner for me saw us batter them in straight sets.
In fairness to him, he was a cracking little player and took defeat on the chin. I actually hope he makes it, but I've never heard of him since.

I have never been a defensive player. I will hit the odd sliced backhand or lob if I'm out of position or a tonk isn't really an option, but my game is all about looking at the weaknesses of players and tw*tting them around the court.
The majority of players at my level now just cannot handle out-and-out power. They can hit some tremendous shots, but they can't handle real pace when it's accurate. I find that this rings true at every level you play at. No matter how good someone is, there has to come a point when they can't react to a shot - that's just physics.

If you can't out-hit them, then you go for other "killer" shots - drops-shots, spin-shots, disguised-shots.

You should always have a winning shot in your locker, otherwise you never really win a match - the opposition loses it through their mistakes. Waiting for this, just returning the ball like and obedient spaniel just baffles me. It's like marrying a corpse - you get the ring, but you don't get the fulfillment.

These new players are all the same. Nadal is just a stonger and more talented version of Murray, and so on until you get to those punks I played all those years ago.

If you were watching though frosted glass, you could be forgiven for thinking that they were the same person.

It's conformist, rubbish, boring, robotic bullsh*t and it really needs f*cking off for the good of the game...

lmao its funny how you're sooo hung up on whether something is "gay" or not, got a little something to hide?
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 pm

I reckon some tennis instructor from Scotland molested him with a tennis racket or something when he was younger hence all the gay bashing. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:46 pm

I agree with Bav, Kuznetsova is a good bet, and a good price!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:07 pm

Roger's best chance this year at finally winning the French Open..... but that Soderling fella is no pushover..... C'mon Roger..... not even Pistol Pete won at all the Grand Slam Events..... If he does it.... he'll have to rank as the greatest ever.
ConnO'var

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:08 pm

andy_g wrote:i'm looking forward to the day that one of these largely homosexual, faggotty, very very gay nonces shoves your tennis racquet straight up your jacksy, you homophobic piece of camel dung. i've a feeling you'll like it.

Very unAndy G like post that! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:29 pm

Im still waiting for Lando to explain how agassi who was and has been the best returner of a serve is gay because he used a double handed shot also the current best player in the world also uses double handed shots ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Plus he is married a women so he can't really be gay.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:24 pm

yeah, yeah, all this talk about who is gay but what the more red blooded of us want to know is who is the woman with the "bazookas"
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Yay Kuznetsova won! Very one sided final in the end.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:51 pm

anna kournikova was hot..... Used to love watching her play..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum