Tennis thread

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Yeah pity she didn't have the talent on court. Sharapova seems to be headed down that route sadly. I really hope she gives it a good go at Wimbledon this year.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:59 pm

federers wiping the floor with soderling. it became so one sided a fan tried to take federers place to even the game up. he didnt succeed and got hit with a glorious rugby tackle by security
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:13 pm

aaahhhh he's cryin again! sooo gay! :D 
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:17 pm

And here he is receiving the trophy

I think the Wimbledon trophy looks WAY better than that!
burjennio

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Get in Roger :cool:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:37 pm

GYBS wrote:Im still waiting for Lando to explain how agassi who was and has been the best returner of a serve is gay because he used a double handed shot also the current best player in the world also uses double handed shots ???

Because that is my opinion - two-handed back-hands are homosexual.

The end.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:39 pm

andy_g wrote:i'm looking forward to the day that one of these largely homosexual, faggotty, very very gay nonces shoves your tennis racquet straight up your jacksy, you homophobic piece of camel dung. i've a feeling you'll like it.

Bibble.

Go and save a tree, gaybat.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:44 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Double-handed back-hands are for players who are too weak or technically inferior to control the racquet with the one hand.

It really is as simple as that.

And I thought Federer was being given a lesson? :D

Wrong.

Link

Statistics show that the double-handed backhand is now the dominant choice among professional players.

It gives more power and control on return of serve and on high balls, which are two crucial areas in the modern game.

A couple of points:

1. The person in the video is a woman. - Score 1 for Lando.

2. It says "It gives more power and control". Score 2 for Lando.

What EXACTLY was your argument, again?

1) Whats that got to do with it? Does it say anything about this technique being used more in womens tennis? No. Score 2 for Bav.

2) Im sorry what? You never even made a mention of how much more power or control it gives you only said it was inferior and used by people who are not as strong.

You have done nothing but cause infighting since you posted in this thread. I want this thread to stay open so we can discuss Queens and Wimbledon too so stop with your silly homophobic nonsense as it's boring. Go start your own Tennis thread where you gaybash till your hearts content. PS You know those who tend to use homophobic comments when berating people are probably subsconciously gay anyway.  :D

Not trying to have a pop at you but seriosuly mate your ruining this thread. Can't you just be nice instead of being so c.unty?

Why is giving an informed opinion, no doubt from the only coach in the thread, "being so c*nty"?

If all you are after is a "yes Bav, no Bav" thread, you've got more chance of plaiting snot.

I use the "homophobic" phrases because I find them humorous. For me, dismissing a shot as gay means to everyone around me that it is a weak, useless, girly shot. But "gay" or "homo" is a lot quicker than writing all that.

Simple.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:I reckon some tennis instructor from Scotland molested him with a tennis racket or something when he was younger hence all the gay bashing. :D

So let me get this straight: It's unacceptable for me to belittle a tennis shot as gay, but quite alright for you to make light of a child being sexually abused?

Some logic, Bav. It's obviously not your strong point...  :laugh:

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Number 9 wrote:
andy_g wrote:i'm looking forward to the day that one of these largely homosexual, faggotty, very very gay nonces shoves your tennis racquet straight up your jacksy, you homophobic piece of camel dung. i've a feeling you'll like it.

Very unAndy G like post that! :D

Andy G - Newkit's own resident queen.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Bibble.

excellent comeback from the master there.

i love your typically narrow-minded and bigotted view that 'gay' equates to being 'girly' and 'weak'. i happen to have a number of very gay friends that are quite the opposite and would delight in pointing out to you the error of your ways.

call me a queen, a gaybat (?)... whatever you like. i have no problem with it at all. if it makes any difference to you i've been there and i've done that.

am i gay? nope, never have been.
am i bisexual? i think i was in my youth.
am i any of these now? i don't think i am, being very happily involved in a long term relationship and having a great little boy.

i'm big enough, experienced enough in the ways of the world, open minded enough and intelligent enough to be confident and happy with who i am and what other people are. unless they are small minded, bigoted and evidently stupid specimen's like yourself.

and i really strongly believe that you are running and/or hiding from something. but there is no need, lando - embrace who you are and be happy. be gay if it makes you feel better.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:59 pm

and i'm really looking forward to the reactions to the world shattering thunderbolt of truth i just dropped there

:laugh:

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:10 pm

andy_g wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Bibble.

excellent comeback from the master there.

i love your typically narrow-minded and bigotted view that 'gay' equates to being 'girly' and 'weak'. i happen to have a number of very gay friends that are quite the opposite and would delight in pointing out to you the error of your ways.

call me a queen, a gaybat (?)... whatever you like. i have no problem with it at all. if it makes any difference to you i've been there and i've done that.

am i gay? nope, never have been.
am i bisexual? i think i was in my youth.
am i any of these now? i don't think i am, being very happily involved in a long term relationship and having a great little boy.

i'm big enough, experienced enough in the ways of the world, open minded enough and intelligent enough to be confident and happy with who i am and what other people are. unless they are small minded, bigoted and evidently stupid specimen's like yourself.

and i really strongly believe that you are running and/or hiding from something. but there is no need, lando - embrace who you are and be happy. be gay if it makes you feel better.

So in other words...

I was right.  :buttrock

Maybe in the Andy G appointed "Liberal land", where the drag-queens rule and courtly man-love is king, everyone has to be bisexual or out-and-out gay at least somewhere throughout their lives.

However. In reality, it's not like that. I know you WANT me to be a fairy, probably so you can stick it in me, but unfortunately for you, and thankfully for me, I am completely straight. You see - you seem to think that I am narrow-minded, yet it is YOU whom is lumping me in with your bed-fellows and failing to grasp the simplest of concepts that everyone is different and heterosexuals are still in the majority. (How else would the human race survive?)

I call people queer for a joke, because I think that the World is far too guarded over the issue. I have no malice towards anyone, and I would have thought that it was plainly obvious in the way I post.

I would have thought that such an open-minded, liberachi-esk bunny-hugger such as yourself would have the capacity to understand that.

Apparently not...  :oops:

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:12 pm

andy_g wrote:and i'm really looking forward to the reactions to the world shattering thunderbolt of truth i just dropped there

:laugh:

There wasn't enough electricity in there to power a 2 Watt lightbulb.  :laugh:

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:22 pm

nope - you haven't been right about anything.

gay people are not, by and large, weak and girly. some are, of course, as are some straight people.

i don't believe for a second that anyone needs to be gay, bisexual or whatever. unless they want to be.

the fact that everybody is different is exactly the concept that i grasp. so i am lumping you in with just yourself - you can be a small minded and not all that amusing pleb all on your own.

i have never hugged a bunny and don't even like them that much.

the problem, for me, is not that you call people queer for a joke. the problem, for me, is your repeated put downs, insults and remarks that anything you don't like is 'gay, 'queer' or 'homo'. and by this you are implying 'weak', 'girly', 'inferior', 'somehow wrong' and in need of putting right. you have made that fairly clear yourself in this thread and many times in the past.

you always hide behind your so-called humour, giving yourself free reign to insult, slander and abuse anyone you feel like. and if someone pulls you up on it you start to cry about them not being able to take a joke.

so no, forgive me if my incredibley open mind doesn't allow me to understand it, or even less condone it.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum