Summer holidays - Where's everyone going ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby taff » Thu May 15, 2008 9:43 am

:D the joys of comic misunderstanding.

years ago i wandered around Italy with my mate. The further south you go the more "rustic" it becomes.  Now after the joys of Rome and its well oiled tourist machine Naples was completely different. Wonderful place just rough and ready. Went to their tourist office in the station and asked for an Inglesi guy, they got someone to the desk who was Inglesi so I asked about cheap accommodation, places to go etc.  He just laughed and said Monty Python  then impersonated Basil Fawlty with an Italian accent :wwww  He couldnt speak a word of English but loved British shows on Italian TV :D  Kinda summed Naples up
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 15, 2008 9:54 am

:laugh: . Good old Italy, where everybody is a professor of something and postal workers and other state employees like uniforms similar to this.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:04 am

Italy....in my opinion, the most beautiful tourist destination you can visit. Meself and 'er indoors have been there maybe 4 times so far, between Rome, Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast....I'd go there in a shot if I could. This year we're not going anywhere - new baby, new house = no funds :(
Still....there's always next year....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Judge » Fri May 16, 2008 2:04 pm

pontins is free according to aco67 :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon May 19, 2008 11:03 am

Made up, cant wait just booked here for 2 weeks in July :cool:

Anyone been to the DR?

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/POPPD/main.wnt
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon May 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Ciggy wrote:Made up, cant wait just booked here for 2 weeks in July :cool:

Anyone been to the DR?

I've not been myself, Cigs, but my parents, aunt/uncle and cousin have all been a few times and quite enjoyed it.  Let me know what it's like.  My cousin's getting married down there next March and I want to know what I'm in for. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Mon May 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Made up, cant wait just booked here for 2 weeks in July :cool:

Anyone been to the DR?

I've not been myself, Cigs, but my parents, aunt/uncle and cousin have all been a few times and quite enjoyed it.  Let me know what it's like.  My cousin's getting married down there next March and I want to know what I'm in for. :D

Actually Ciggy will have lots of sun and we'll be in a hotel complex in which she'll have everything and will be isolated of the misery of the country, so she'll be fine.

It's a common destination for students here when they finnish the career.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 21, 2008 11:44 pm

Ive cancelled my holiday here due to trip advisor, people have said that the DR is full of aids, and this resort was full of complaining americans, plus its the hurrician season  :laugh:

So now I have settled for two weeks in Albir in the Costa Blanca in a 5 star spa resort, maybe our Sabre will come an meet me for a bevvie.  :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu May 22, 2008 10:10 am

Ciggy wrote:Ive cancelled my holiday here due to trip advisor, people have said that the DR is full of aids, and this resort was full of complaining americans, plus its the hurrician season  :laugh:

our lass says you cant use GHD's there. so you cant do your hair cigs
Last edited by Judge on Thu May 22, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:13 am

Resort holidays are like manufactured bands in music,Steps and McFly etc.
You know what you are gonna get and its all the same.To me it dont matter if you are in the Costa del Sol or Cancun.
What you are guarenteed is that some plastic kunt will do his/her upmost to make sure you come back next year every second you are there!
I hate all that,its not real! you sit by the pool and drink watered down vodka all day and get fu'ck all but a sore head and thats not even the drink its cause you are drinking sh'te and forgot to wear a hat!
Im not into that,but i can understand why folks that have kids are!

Me and my ex holidayed away quite a lot,maybe im strange but i found it all a bit too monotnous
In Corfu all inclusive you get woken by the same maid,in the same bed in the same hotel.
Get up for breaky,eat the same eggs and lettuce with tomato and toast,fart and burp at the same time.
Go out sit by the pool drinking cocktails that have no fuc'king alcohol in them and then hit the beach!
It was shi'te.
You could have caught a bus to another town but i never seen the point in doing shi'te things in different surroundings,it was all the same to me!At least vodka in Belfast is vodka!

Then there was Turkey!! :angry:

No offence intended to any Turks on here but you are(FROM WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED) not a very nice bunch of men!
We got to the resort and every barman was a smiling assasin!Lovely to me,when i went to the loo my girl was practically sexually assaulted.Which lead to fights!
One good thing though there was that the drink had alcohol in it and the bar would stay open as long as you wanted it to.
One night about 4am a girl came running off the street,she was hysterical.An English girl northern by accent.She said she had been raped.there was only me and a big lad from Aberdeen at the bar just talking shi'te like.
So i asked the barman for a phone...NO No no...dont bring here.I insisted as you would,by this stage the girl was hysterical and clinging to us like really!
I had to tackle the barman 4 times to call the cops,he did eventually while calling for his boss!
While waiting for the cops it was the most surreal experience of my life,his boss came down and ridiculed the girl calling her a slut and all sorts..I could not beleive it.
"You come here with blonde hair,you expect"
Then he laughed

Cops came and it was short relief,they shook hands with the barman and the owner exchanged words in Turkish sat down and started drinking Effes beer!.The big scot(HE WAS HUGE) beside me just lifted,i dont know why went absolute bonkers started shouting and punching the cops,it was mad!
Then i started getting hit too.i did'nt like that,adrenaline starts pumping! So it was a free for all at the bar in Turkey with Turkish cops in the middle of the night!

After a while it calmed down,i had 3 broken fingers and a face that would put a spud to shame.Their mates pulled up and it was so surreal like a New York cop car,know the light blue colour,i laughed at that!
I got put into the car and took to a Turkish cop shop,you wanna feel how warm it was!It was hitting 50 at peak during the day,my guess was it was 75 in there...fuc'king terrible!

I got let out after 2 days and was basically told not to report anything and to behave!
Thats just wrong,i still to this day do not know what happened to the girl from the North or the Scott that was beside me having a beer!

Best holiday i ever had was waking up pis'sed off and going on a hike round Ireland!
I love being British but Ireland has the best and most helpful people in the world,just stay away from Donegal.I think we have the most beautiful coast in the world!!
I love it!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Thu May 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:Ive cancelled my holiday here due to trip advisor, people have said that the DR is full of aids, and this resort was full of complaining americans, plus its the hurrician season  :laugh:

So now I have settled for two weeks in Albir in the Costa Blanca in a 5 star spa resort, maybe our Sabre will come an meet me for a bevvie.  :cool:

Ciggs, I went to the DR with my wife two years ago and it was fabulous.  We were in a resort that was all European, and we were the only Americans in the place.

Fabulous weather, great people.  I can't wait to go back.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:03 pm

just got back from scotland. im actually peeling from sunburn and am never drinking again :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu May 22, 2008 3:24 pm

barry, we love your stories mate! i demand you write a story on here after your 5th beer EVERY NIGHT

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu May 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Costa Blanca might be a bit far away to be handy, but any newkitter must know that if they go to San Sebastian they'll have a free beer and shelter if necessary.

Unless you come all together of course  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:17 am

off on a european cruise at the end of july. can't wait. :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum