Holidays, Vacation Or Whaterver It Is You Do

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:06 am

Had a look back a few pages as I thought we already had a holiday thread but couldn't find it.

Anyway back from mine about 2 weeks now and it feels like it was last year!! :down:  Went to New York for a week and did the usual touristy stuff. Stayed about a 5 minute walk from Grand Central and just less than 10 from Times Square. Got to see this as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1yIl_ZEuc .

Overall thought it was a cool place to visit. Plenty to do and see but certain places can be a bit pricey. Will definitely go again in the future as still a few things left to see.

Anyone else heading off or just back from anywhere nice  :eyebrow .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:17 am

South of France for me in August (near Montpellier).

Staying with lifelong French friends who have a large rustic villa, their own wine cellar, garden half the size of a footy pitch and a massive pool.

I may not come back !   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:14 am

Burlington Ontario in an Air BnB end of July/August
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:24 pm

Lefkada, Greece, going there in two weeks.

A friend of mine is going to Switzerland, never understood people that go on a summer holiday in a place without a beach!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:18 pm

No holiday for me, sadly.
Instead I get to go to London next week, India the following week, and three weeks later back to India. All with work, all flying cattle class.
Meh...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:40 am

supersub wrote:Burlington Ontario in an Air BnB end of July/August

Nice one SS. Have heard Canada is a top spot and definitely somewhere I will visit some day. Just curious but is it a house your renting or a room ?. Paid almost €2.5k for 7 nights in NY and heard Canada is quite expensive also.

a
damjan193 wrote:Lefkada, Greece, going there in two weeks.

A friend of mine is going to Switzerland, never understood people that go on a summer holiday in a place without a beach!

Was in Kos before and the heat was unbearable mate!! Other thing that struck me was how clear the water was  :wwww Clearest water I ever seen.

Love the nightlife and restaurants that line beach promenades myself but wouldn't spend many days on the beach. Prefer lying on a lounger at a spot beside the pool during the day. Love city breaks as well in fairness but a week is too long.

woof woof ! wrote:South of France for me in August (near Montpellier).

Staying with lifelong French friends who have a large rustic villa, their own wine cellar, garden half the size of a footy pitch and a massive pool.

I may not come back !   :D

Had a quick look Woof and the temp there as I write this is 26 degrees  :cool: 43 forecast for tomorrow  :nod  Scary heat that is  :nod

Make sure to wear a pair of those floaty arm bands at all times!!! Especially after a tour of the cellar  :laugh: They wouldn't look cool at Swing-Con though if that's what your at, :lookaround  but not saying you are or anything  :no  but anyway I'm not judging  :no:D

PS: Any chance you could clean up the typo in the thread title please  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:46 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:No holiday for me, sadly.
Instead I get to go to London next week, India the following week, and three weeks later back to India. All with work, all flying cattle class.
Meh...

Just think about it when you retire though  :nod All those places you won't want to go  :laugh:

Think it was yourself that mentioned before about working or possibly living in Germany/ Hamburg for a while ?. Anyway if it was just wanted to say I was at a stag back in may that was in Hamburg's Reeperbahn. Absolutely mental spot altogether.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 am

:no  no chance,
Just starting to have fun pronouncing it that way   :D

WhatERver   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:36 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:46 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:18 pm wrote:No holiday for me, sadly.
Meh...

Just think about it when you retire though  :nod All those places you won't want to go  :laugh:

Think it was yourself that mentioned before about working or possibly living in Germany/ Hamburg for a while ?. Anyway if it was just wanted to say I was at a stag back in may that was in Hamburg's Reeperbahn. Absolutely mental spot altogether.

Hamburg is a great spot. Haven't been there in years since I lived in Frankfurt and used to go up to Hamburg most weekends. God knows there's absolutely no reason to be in Frankfurt anyway, dull as dishwater.
You're right though about India. I think after this summer I'll have been there a total of 15 times over the years.
London is not so bad, mental expensive I find though.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:54 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:40 pm wrote:
supersub wrote:Burlington Ontario in an Air BnB end of July/August

Nice one SS. Have heard Canada is a top spot and definitely somewhere I will visit some day. Just curious but is it a house your renting or a room ?. Paid almost €2.5k for 7 nights in NY and heard Canada is quite expensive also.

It's a house ...sleeps 12 , not cheap but you only live once...I've been to Canada a few times and I wanted to take my family before they all fly the nest and do there own things .
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:19 am

Wife and one son already in Italy staying with the in-laws, other son in India on a school trip. Dad working to pay for it all. I fly to Italy in a few weeks, we go over to the UK for a week to look at uni's for the clever one. This could be our last summer holiday together as a family....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:18 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 am wrote:

:no  no chance,
Just starting to have fun pronouncing it that way   :D

WhatERver   :laugh:

It does kind of just roll off the tongue  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Just got back from Italy for a wedding (Lake Como) and if all goes well with a project I have been chasing, Blue Marlin fishing in the Azores  :hearts
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:27 am

Fly out to Paris in September and wandering around Normandy enjoying the wine cuisine and history.
Before heading over the channel to catch up with my relatives.
Hopefully get a cheap flight up to Bergen Norway and then a stop over in Qatar on the way back to Oz .
So I can wander around Doha shaking my head about how they going to have a World Cup here :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 am

laza » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:27 am wrote:Fly out to Paris in September and wandering around Normandy enjoying the wine cuisine and history.
Before heading over the channel to catch up with my relatives.
Hopefully get a cheap flight up to Bergen Norway and then a stop over in Qatar on the way back to Oz .
So I can wander around Doha shaking my head about how they going to have a World Cup here :D

:D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum