Holidays - Where are you going?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza 1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:57 pm

Happy Days!!!! The kazza family holiday has now been booked and paid for! We're off to Magaluf for 8 days in September and I cant wait. Its been 2 years since we've been away and I think we deserve this.

Where are you going for your summer holiday this year and are you looking forward to it................

PS if this has been done .... sorry!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:06 pm

I havn't seen a thread like it yet, and I'm bored at work so I'll answer anyway :p

Doing something a bit different this year

Me and the missus are going to Prague for 3 days and Budapest for 4 days at the end of June.

We've got apartments in each city and flights booked. All in its about £260 for a week split over the 2 counties, which we thought was quite good as it includes the extra travel between the 2 countries.

Looking forward to it muchly! :)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:46 pm

going to somerset in a country cottage for a week in june, then driving down to the vendee in western france for a week's camping in august, stopping 2 nights in paris on the way back, then abandoning wife & daughter at calais in favour of a car full of booze. i am also gonna fill my ipod with madness, the greatest music in the world to drive on holiday to :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:50 pm

Mullingar in Ireland for a booze up with my family in october for 4 days then hopefully booking another 3 week stint in Thailand for November.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:55 pm

Was hoping for Yunnan province in China , the Mrs wants South of France ,I hope she has a good time . :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:00 pm

might be a good thread for tips as well.

I've never been to east europe so any tips from people who've been to Prague and Budapest would be welcome!

Like-wise I can give advice on rome/barcelona/and a couple of other places.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:02 pm

Redman in wales wrote:might be a good thread for tips as well.

I've never been to east europe so any tips from people who've been to Prague and Budapest would be welcome!

my tip?

sh@g as many local women as you can, they're gorgeous :nod
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Woollyback wrote:

my tip?

sh@g as many local women as you can, they're gorgeous :nod

not quite sure what the missus would say about that...as i mentioned earlier its just me and her going.

But who said 3's a crowd  :eyebrow
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:07 pm

I'm going to Australia in November as my best mate's getting married, although someone may also be able to help me out with some other ideas.

I'm looking to go away for a week with the wife at the end of June beginning of July and i fancy going somewhere hot, not really touristy (by this i mean not your costa del sol, ibiza, type holidays as i want a total relaxation hol) and not too expensive. Although i'm not over the hill (only 32) i just fancy somewhere relaxed where i can go out for dinner, drink lot's of (local) beer and wine without having to walk past a string of clubs or restaurants all selling the same food and bearing union jack flags!!

Any ideas anyone (Saber you could help with Spain)?
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:11 pm

tommycockles wrote:I'm going to Australia in November as my best mate's getting married, although someone may also be able to help me out with some other ideas.

I'm looking to go away for a week with the wife at the end of June beginning of July and i fancy going somewhere hot, not really touristy (by this i mean not your costa del sol, ibiza, type holidays as i want a total relaxation hol) and not too expensive. Although i'm not over the hill (only 32) i just fancy somewhere relaxed where i can go out for dinner, drink lot's of (local) beer and wine without having to walk past a string of clubs or restaurants all selling the same food and bearing union jack flags!!

why not try one of the quieter, smaller greek islands? dozens to choose from, plenty of liottle tiny resorts where peace & quiet is the order of the day :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Prague's great as everywhere is within walking distance. Also i caters for stag parties (been to 2 there) and your romantic breaks.

If you want strip bars etc you just go to Wencleslas Square, otherwise stay down near the Charles Bridge, Old Town Sq or walk towards the Jewish Quarter- plenty of restaruants, bars clubs to go to. Also you can go over the other side and walk up to the castle if you're feeling cultural and energetic. if you want any other info just pm me as i've been to prague many times with both work and pleasure.

Budapest is much bigger, some roads could almost be in London and the metro is handy as you could walk for miles otherwise. Most touristy things are around the river or over the Pest side where it's more oldie than the buda side which is very built up- but best to get a big map when you get there as things are a lot more spread out than prague. Still a very nice place though- had some amazingly cheap but large adn tasty meals there.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:18 pm

Woollyback wrote:
tommycockles wrote:I'm going to Australia in November as my best mate's getting married, although someone may also be able to help me out with some other ideas.

why not try one of the quieter, smaller greek islands? dozens to choose from, plenty of liottle tiny resorts where peace & quiet is the order of the day :cool:

not a bad idea- had been looking at mostly Italy (the Lakes and Amalfi coast as i've done the main cities) and Spain but hadn't really thought of Greece.

Any other ideas people?
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby daxy1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:26 pm

oh yes were goin to costa rhyl at the robin hood camp for a week to see leo the lion!
then were goin to disneyland paris for 3 nights
then were goin to tenerife for 2 weeks in october
then i'm skint! were goin to disney in america next year i cant wait

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Spike Island

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:41 pm

tommycockles wrote:

Prague's great as everywhere is within walking distance. Also i caters for stag parties (been to 2 there) and your romantic breaks.

If you want strip bars etc you just go to Wencleslas Square, otherwise stay down near the Charles Bridge, Old Town Sq or walk towards the Jewish Quarter- plenty of restaruants, bars clubs to go to. Also you can go over the other side and walk up to the castle if you're feeling cultural and energetic. if you want any other info just pm me as i've been to prague many times with both work and pleasure.

Budapest is much bigger, some roads could almost be in London and the metro is handy as you could walk for miles otherwise. Most touristy things are around the river or over the Pest side where it's more oldie than the buda side which is very built up- but best to get a big map when you get there as things are a lot more spread out than prague. Still a very nice place though- had some amazingly cheap but large adn tasty meals there.

awesome mate. cheers for the info. i might just take you up on the offer to pm you, but maybe closer to the time.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum