Panorama - Childrens fight club

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:09 pm

I watched the repeat last night and was very saddened to see that not only do mindless little morons film such sickening things, but companies like google encourage it. Every fight captured on several mobiles surrounded by a crowd of kids and not one person attempted to stop what was going on. The two black girls fighting was horrible to watch, and when one of them had blood pouring out of her head and collapsing all they wanted to do was film it. Where on earth were the adults? Teachers, passers by whoever where were they?

When confronted by the panorama presenter, a spokeswoman for google insisted it wasnt there problem but the police for not stopping what is going on. What utter :censored:.

I believe this problem should start at home, why do kids need mobile phones? there at school, if theres a problem the school will call the parents. The reason why many of these fights are happening is because they think it looks good for others to watch around the world, hence the reason why google have no objection, the more views they get the better. And the reason why mobile phones are wanted by many kids, not because of the fact they can call whoever they need but simply because its a mobile video recorder.

Google should monitor every uploaded video to You Tube, they make enough money so to hire a couple of people to sort it shouldnt put too much of a dent in there profits, but they wont, who cares about the kids? there making us money!
This kind of thing should be stopped, its taking bullying to a whole new level, corporate businesses are encouraging the kids to do this so lets help stop it by starting at home. If there at school, mobiles aint needed, I cant remember ever needing one when I was school.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:34 pm

I agree Kharkaz. I watched the programme the other day when it was aired. Its the responsibility of the parents first and foremost. But like a lot of these trends..kids get bullied at school for NOT having these latest phones. Thats sad when a fashion accessory can prevent your skull getting caved in. Even sadder when its the done thing to film it!  What a place this sh1tty world has become.

Like you say, i never had a phone (mostly cos they weren't out then  :D ) Them days, you'd just scrap your way out of trouble - with your fists and nothing else (ok maybe a ruler or a compass then!!)

But even if they were, my parents wouldn't dream of letting me take it to school. Maybe those days were less violent, im not certain to say.

Then again, long walks home in the winter gloom and all that, weirdo's hanging round corners...peadophiles outside the gates...emergency calls and all that.

Maybe the answer is they are only allowed to own the very basic kind of mobile to carry round...i don't know. Im sure Nokia could rake in a few Mill on the back of a school safe mobly. Perhaps the school authorities should urge parents to provide their kids with those kind alone, and nothing else. Do ALL mobiles have Video camera's now?

My kids will probably have one because the world is a f**ked up place, and i want them in touch with me whenever and wherever they go. Tough thats my rules. But id be horrified to think they were up to that malarky, thats why we will drum the message home. Of course, that brings it all round full circle to peer pressure again, and bullying. Who the f**k would want to be young and at school again these days...some years back i would have given an arm and a leg to go back and do it all over again, the right way.

Not anymore i wouldn't. These kids have got it real tough now.

Google have conveniently absolved themselves of all responsibility on this one, shamefully so. Youtube just hid behind the cloak of censorship rights, pathetically enough. There again they aren't going to kick up any fuss with the power google wields over 'em are they.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:54 pm

I like the idea of a basic phone, my oldest is coming up to 12 years old and is leaving his present school for an academy and watching this program got me very worried, ive never been into mobiles and my trait has carried on with my kids, we just dont see a need for them.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:58 pm

Kharhaz wrote:I like the idea of a basic phone, my oldest is coming up to 12 years old and is leaving his present school for an academy and watching this program got me very worried, ive never been into mobiles and my trait has carried on with my kids, we just dont see a need for them.

Well thats the thing...damned if you do and all that.
I don't like the idea of them NOT being able to shout for help without one. There must be a basic handset out there thats suitable for school, without getting them laughed at. Nokia would seem likeliest mate, i don't know.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:02 am

When i was like 12 years old, my mum used to give me an old cell phone to check up on me when ever im out, so basically its a good idea to have a phone.

i agree, dont let your kids take the phones to school, i know my old school didnt allow cell phones and if i was caught carrying a cell phone they would confiscated and would have got a detention.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:37 am

horrible programme to watch.

im only 30 but feel ancient. when i was at school there were no mobile phones really and no internet. good old days eh?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:09 am

The two black girls fighting was horrible to watch, and when one of them had blood pouring out of her head and collapsing all they wanted to do was film it. Where on earth were the adults? Teachers, passers by whoever where were they?

Appreciate the sentiment but the last adult that interfered in a group of brawling school kids round my way got stabbed for his trouble.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:36 am

woof woof ! wrote:
The two black girls fighting was horrible to watch, and when one of them had blood pouring out of her head and collapsing all they wanted to do was film it. Where on earth were the adults? Teachers, passers by whoever where were they?

Appreciate the sentiment but the last adult that interfered in a group of brawling school kids round my way got stabbed for his trouble.  :(

So would I be right in saying that parents really must get a grip on reality and gain control of there kids? Lets stop all this petty bs that is going on and go back to the old days, if kids are misbehaving let our local copper grab him/her by the ear and drag them home to be dealt by us rather than fearing a case of child abuse or assault. Not much has changed from years ago, only the law, is it possible to introduce a law called common sense?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:42 am

Powerless cops. Weak court system. Disasterous social engineering by various Governments. Lack of identity outside of "DA GANG!!!". Poor parenting etc...

All causes.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:46 am

I have to say that I think many kids in schools are out of control and things like this go to prove it, there are many reasons why kids become like this but I feel its down to lack of dicipline and respect for anyone. Unfortunatly the problem is going to get worse and I for one can not see an end to it. I am 22 now and its been almost 5 years scince I left school, I noticed when I got to sixth form a progressive behavioural problem in all the new first years that came in that got worse for each year, I cant imagine how bad it is now, and that was in a relitivly good and well behaved area (Maghull if anyone knows it)

Any solution to the problem of out of control kids will be contested as breach of human rights or something like that, or any force used to stop fights or control children will be brought down to assault or child abuse, IMO what Kharhaz says about a law of common sense is actually a good idea.

I wonder what has to happen in society before the Government or somebody gives authoritys (who ever it may be) the power to act with out the fear of criminal prosecution. Maybe a copper being murdered by some kids for asking them to move on. we shall see
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:50 am

Kharhaz wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

So would I be right in saying that parents really must get a grip on reality and gain control of there kids? Lets stop all this petty bs that is going on and go back to the old days, if kids are misbehaving let our local copper grab him/her by the ear and drag them home to be dealt by us rather than fearing a case of child abuse or assault. Not much has changed from years ago, only the law, is it possible to introduce a law called common sense?

No mate! Its more like trying to teach seals how to keep up a beach ball..they CAN do it and DO do it.....after a while they get kinda bored and revert back to their old ways of attacking prey!

The seal..of course is always the innocent victim trying to survive,as they are that way as nature imposes a food ban on their source of fish!

The similarity ends when one sees a seals grace and effort in trying to survive and then undersrtands that usually the offender is from other waters!

What can the seal do ?

Should the seal bully weak fish like cod or should the seal bow down and relent?There are bigger fish from stronger waters here now and this is how they are to their young..ONLY the strong survive where they float they have no decency!

Should the seal take its time to try and enforce seal law...should it be bothered?Does it owe its hunter anything?

No the seal simply floats away with grace and lives another day!!.....................

TELL THAT TO A FAT KID! :laugh:  :laugh:
The Grudge

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:32 am

And to think that all this could be solved by a clip 'round the ear. :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:26 am

all it would take is the police being able to deal with the situation properly. instead idiots prevail, just think these kids will be the runners of this country in about 20 years. cant wait :down:
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:08 am

- Withdraw from the European Convention Of Human Rights.
- Repeal the 1998 Human Rights Act.
- Adopt corporal punishment for various anti-social acts
- Adopt the death penalty.
- Remove all luxuaries from prisons. Basic treatment and facilities only.
- Arm the police.
- Set new strict sentencing guidelines for courts and sack any judge who refuses to cooperate.
- Withdraw from the European Court Of Justice.
- Reject any EU directive that clashes with British law.
- Crack down on problem families and parents who are not preventing anti-social and criminal behaviour.
- Take action against Google. If they refuse to cooperate, take action against companies that advertise on YouTube.
- Reform or abolish comprehensive schools.
- Fund grammar schools for gifted students. Poorer families would get a government funded scholarship.
- Educate and seperate students according to ability.
- Disruptive and anti-social students removed from the school system entirely and taught in special "borstal" type institutions.

That would be a good start.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:53 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:And to think that all this could be solved by a clip 'round the ear. :no

ah the old 'children are violent so lets be violent to them' answer.

but in all seriousness many children do get away with all sorts these days, its down to soft parenting and the fact that there is now not corporal punishment in schools, there is no deterrent and now children know that if someone does clout them they go straight to the police crying about it.

the sad thing is thats its now a never ending spiral, the parents now are bringing their children up to be idiots, they will then go on to have children who will be idiots an so on.

a law needs to be passed where is ok for adults to get the bullies and let them see what its like to be bullied with a few hefty kicks to the gonads and some wet willies etc.

also is it really any worse than when i went to school, maybe now its just highlighted more, of course there was bullies in my day but they sill knew their place in the pecking order and it was ok for older brothers/parents to seek retribution, also the oldies were left out of it, there wasnt any real bullying of pensioners like now.

when i was young if i played football in the street and neighbour came out and told us to shift or he would leather us, we knew he was being honest, nowadays the little :censored: know that this wont happen and just laugh at the adult.

anyway it all comes down to the law, i think its about time parents are forced to also pay for their childrens actions, if someone gives another a kicking then the parents should get the same penalty in court as the child, that would soon make them start being responsible (well a lot anyway, not all)
112-1077774096

Return to General Chat Forum