Panorama tonight

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:46 am

BBC expose is set to 'rock world of soccer'Sep 19 2006

By Duncan Bech Daily Post Correspondent

MANAGERS, agents and clubs will be concerned viewers when Panorama's investigation into football corruption is televised tonight.

Titled 'Undercover: Football's Dirty Secrets', the programme seeks to expose the game's alleged bung culture.

It is based around filmed conversations between agents and undercover journalists posing as representatives of a new agency called Dynamic Soccer.

Harry Redknapp is one manager who has been filmed by the investigation team, although the Portsmouth coach has strenuously denied any wrongdoing.

Tensions over the programme's possible revelations mounted last week when reports surfaced that Middlesbrough were one of the clubs implicated.

Boro moved quickly to issue a statement denying they were a club named by investigators and the BBC backed up their claim by confirming they were not involved.

The strength of the evidence accumulated by Panorama is largely unknown but football will be braced for an expose that could do heavy damage to the game's image.

The BBC believe they have uncovered some damning testimony that will "rock football".

"A record of around £300million was spent on players in the Premiership this summer alone," reads their promotional text for the programme.

"For the first time an undercover team, which infiltrated the murky world of football for a year, will reveal the extraordinary depth of dishonesty, flagrant rule breaking and outright corruption in the nation's favourite and wealthiest sport.

"On the eve of the official Lord Stevens inquiry report into skullduggery in the beautiful game, this secret camera investigation - naming top agents, clubs and managers who are cheating their supporters - delivers evidence he won't have but which will rock football."

Former Metropolitan police commissioner Lord Stevens, who has been asked by the Premier League to conduct the official inquiry into bungs, is due to reveal his findings on October 2.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore insists the top flight's governing body will be ready to punish any parties found guilty of corruption.

"What we've always said is we'll go where the evidence leads us. I, at this stage, do not know what will be in the Lord Stevens inquiry," he said.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html

I hope to god that we are not involved in anything shady here, that would be the last thing we need.
Wonder what clubs and managers are involved there is supposed to be 8 clubs that will be exposed  rumours are Boro, Bolton, Redknapp and Souness.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:32 am

I wonder if Liverpool paid bunges to Ziege.
48-1119859832

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:43 am

Allardyce awaits Panorama fall-out
19/09/2006 - 09:48:03

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce will wait until the BBC’s Panorama investigation into football bungs is screened tonight before reacting to any possible allegations.

Allardyce and his agent son Craig are understood to have been among those investigated by the programme, and the Trotters boss admitted his family is “concerned” by the possible content.

He said: “We are concerned but at the moment, because I am linked with it. From a legal point of view I cannot say any more than that.

“I will take a view after the programme has come out because I do not know what is in it.”

The full allegations to be made in the programme, to be shown on BBC1 at 9pm, are still unknown. Indeed, BBC lawyers are still looking at the footage.

What is definite is that Luton manager Mike Newell will name the agents he claims offered him a bung.

:nod
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:13 pm

i have a feeling houllier will be named to be honest, why else would he have bought such dross if there wasnt something in it for him.

i mentioned in a post about him recently that there is more to him than meets the eye and i feel he is involved.

but i beleive the BBC wont name the clubs yet, just something i read somewhere today
112-1077774096

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:12 pm

I can see this being a massive storm in a tea cup myself. I fully expect there to be some sort of announcement on the programme saying something like, "The BBC has uncovered evidence linking 8 premiership clubs to shady transfer dealings but they can't be named for legal reasons." The BBC would probably get 8 massive law suits on their hands from any clubs named quicker than you could say 'Here's your brown envelope - the moneys' inside' :p .
As for the official enquiry I'm not holding my breath over that bringing anybody to book for dodgy transfers as the FA will no doubt say the evidence isn't conclusive enough and do Fuck All as usual. It should be an interesting watch though.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:25 pm

I'm sure there are shady dealings going on at Chelsea, but I'm sure they're also very good at covering it all up. TBH It's just a hunch, but if the authorities knew everything that was going on down at the Bridge, Chelsea would be in a lot of trouble.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:43 pm

LFC #1 wrote:I'm sure there are shady dealings going on at Chelsea, but I'm sure they're also very good at covering it all up. TBH It's just a hunch, but if the authorities knew everything that was going on down at the Bridge, Chelsea would be in a lot of trouble.

They've got the money to cover it up !
Is that what ya meant LFC  :D

C'mon lash say it like it is  :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:13 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I can see this being a massive storm in a tea cup myself. I fully expect there to be some sort of announcement on the programme saying something like, "The BBC has uncovered evidence linking 8 premiership clubs to shady transfer dealings but they can't be named for legal reasons." The BBC would probably get 8 massive law suits on their hands from any clubs named quicker than you could say 'Here's your brown envelope - the moneys' inside' :p .
As for the official enquiry I'm not holding my breath over that bringing anybody to book for dodgy transfers as the FA will no doubt say the evidence isn't conclusive enough and do Fuck All as usual. It should be an interesting watch though.

Some had better actually get hung out to dry or I will be very dissapointed.

Otherwise what will we learn? That bungs happen in football? Shock Horror!!!!!!

Wahts the next Panorama special?

The sky is blue?
Peter Crouch is tall?
Father christmas doenst exist?

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:44 pm

stmichael wrote:Father christmas doenst exist?

b@stard there are kids come on here who really believe in him, hey everybody St. Mike has ruined christmas     :angry:

:D
112-1077774096

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:52 pm

what time is it on tonight and what channel bbc 1 or 2?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Adam it's on BBC 1 and usually after the 10 o'clock news.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:11 pm

It should be intersting veiwing OK!!

I agree with the programme being aired and am looking forward to it!
I doubt we will be involved in anything shady...but 6-8 clubs are said to be named,its gonna be worth a watch to see who has been involved in the dirt and if the EPL or FIFA will take any action! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:28 pm

Chelsea
Man u
Bolton
Everton
Sheff U
Newcastle

Teams/managers I would like to see involved. Deduct them points and ban them from transfers for 12 months, 3 years for Chelsea! :D
account deleted by request

Postby T - JAMES » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:40 pm

I think yes, what about you?
T - JAMES

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:45 pm

stmichael wrote:Father christmas doenst exist?

:sniffle  :sniffle

What do ya mean Father Christmas doesn't exist???

:laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum