Hatton fight

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Emerald Red » Sun May 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Madmax wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Feck sake I fell asleep and woke up at 10. :angry:

:D  same thing happened to me i was awake uptil 03:40 and just knocked out just like hatton..

To be honest i had a feeling this would happen everyone was saying hatton will be the more stronger he will never get knocked out and that if panny wins he will win on points. On the contrary i had a feeling manny would dominate from start and win this..

Sad for hatton though. Best bet retire now!!!  Freddy raoch best coach.. His given amir khan a fab win against barrera and now manny..

Well to be fair about the Khan fight, it really wasn't a contest for the wrong reasons. That gash on Barrera's head had to be one of the worst cuts I ever seen in boxing.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Madmax wrote:

:D  same thing happened to me i was awake uptil 03:40 and just knocked out just like hatton..

To be honest i had a feeling this would happen everyone was saying hatton will be the more stronger he will never get knocked out and that if panny wins he will win on points. On the contrary i had a feeling manny would dominate from start and win this..

Sad for hatton though. Best bet retire now!!!  Freddy raoch best coach.. His given amir khan a fab win against barrera and now manny..

You couldnt take the pace Max :nod you need to be a spring chicken like me

I said in the middle of the first round Hattons guard was to low an he got caught out big time the speed of some of them shots he was taking was unbelievable, An i agree what a great coach that Freddie Roach is , hes worked with a few champions , Such a shame hes got Parkinsons ,   it will be a sad day when it overtakes him an the sport looses someone of his coaching ability an love of boxing. I really think though that Manny will be to good for Mayweather at this stage in Mayweathers career. To fast , on the jab, an what a great body puncher, My fav boxer at the mo.

An Danny Williams won an all last night :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Owned! Absolutely creamed unfortunately.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sun May 03, 2009 11:45 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Madmax wrote:

I said in the middle of the first round Hattons guard was to low an he got caught out big time the speed of some of them shots he was taking was unbelievable, An i agree what a great coach that Freddie Roach is , hes worked with a few champions , Such a shame hes got Parkinsons ,   it will be a sad day when it overtakes him an the sport looses someone of his coaching ability an love of boxing. I really think though that Manny will be to good for Mayweather at this stage in Mayweathers career. To fast , on the jab, an what a great body puncher, My fav boxer at the mo.

:D  Yup nanny you are a tough cookie.. I woke up yesterday at 7am tried ma best to stay awake did uptil 03:40 but just could stay any longer..

Anyhow yeah hatton guard was too low.. I felt though in the first round the first min hatton started off well but for me i think he got a little too confident and like you said kept his guard low.

Freddy and manny worked on hattons weak areas and realized best way to get him is with right hooks.

Manny vs mayweather will be a top fight but can't see manny losing.

Lol good on danny willianms well done for winning at last!!!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun May 03, 2009 11:47 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Madmax wrote:

Well to be fair about the Khan fight, it really wasn't a contest for the wrong reasons. That gash on Barrera's head had to be one of the worst cuts I ever seen in boxing.

Would agree if it wasnt for that gash would have been a complete different fight.. Had my money on khan to win anyway but you never know what could have happened..

Any idea who khan may fight next?
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon May 04, 2009 1:26 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Madmax wrote:

Nanny Freddie Roach was taught by the greatest coach boxing will ever know and in turn Freddie will pass that knowledge on.
burjennio

Postby NANNY RED » Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 am

burjennio wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Madmax wrote:

Nanny Freddie Roach was taught by the greatest coach boxing will ever know and in turn Freddie will pass that knowledge on.

Spot on mate, there was no one better than Eddie Futch.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon May 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Cust D'Amato was a good coach too, along with Teddy Atlas and Kevin Rooney. They made Mike Tyson.

Anyway this was on the cards for Hatton. He never looks after himself between fights so what was he expecting? He has had a great career but it's time to hang up the gloves.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 am

dawson99 wrote:Mad fight, but for me its all about the Haymaker coming next.
Hatten may as well hang up his gloves tho, he's done now

I agree.

Hatton had a great career and made lots of money. There is no point in sticking around as he will never beat the very best.

Good luck to the lad
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 05, 2009 11:01 am

Mayweather vs Pac would be great at 140. I'd edge it to mayweather as Pac would be fighting heavier than his natural fighting weight.

A great big one usually beats a great little one.

Looking forward to the Haye fight. I hope Haye does turn out to be a great fighter as the heavyweights really need one. Plus as he isn't so big he will be more mobile than the ones that have reigned since Riddick Bowe and Lennox.

I always prefered the holyfield, Tyson build as they could move around the ring.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue May 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Was totally shocked by the speed and power of manny, he truly is an absolute legend already.

Ricky didnt help himself with the lack of head movement and arms being so low but at the end of the day its obvious to see that even if he had started a little more cautious he was never going to have enough quality for pac man.

Different levels they are, its a shame to see one of my favourites beaten so badly, but it was breathtaking the quality from his opponent.

As a few have said Mayweather will be a different proposition with his far more defensive style and superior movement.
Its definately one that needs making - should Floyd come through the Marquez test first.
Mouthwatering it would be.

Cant wait for Haye now and at least that will be at a time that doesnt leave me like a zombie for days afterwards  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue May 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Big Niall wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Mad fight, but for me its all about the Haymaker coming next.
Hatten may as well hang up his gloves tho, he's done now

I agree.

Hatton had a great career and made lots of money. There is no point in sticking around as he will never beat the very best.

Good luck to the lad

but will he though?  Too many good fighters carry on thinking they can still cut it, and all they do is tarnish their career by getting creamed by the younger guys.

which is why i'm glad Joe Calzaghe called it a day when he did.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum